Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Its correct that we normally do the X-series cables up to 6 meter, but if you order that length we will give it a try to make a round of 7 meter

…some more days down the road with the DTC box…. Things are getting better but what stands out the most is how much tight and deep base my recordings where hiding before DTC (B.D). It feels like half an octave lower, more punch, better definition, better everything and I just sit here enjoying amazing base reproduction from all genres of music, only this part is enough to make this box worth its entrance into a system. So, now after DTC (A.D.), all aspects of the freq. spectrum have been extended as well as dimensionality, air between notes, layers of info reveal it self like never before, micro dynamics in spades. The fact that I can play as loud as I dare now without any distortion or room infliction makes this a great game changer, and yes real music in da house.

Fun, oh yeah/Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

I am new to the Ansuz power products. So far, i am astonished at the improvement they have made in my system. Has anyone tried their ethernet cables? if so, I would be interested in what you think.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by bpw356 View Post
    I am new to the Ansuz power products. So far, i am astonished at the improvement they have made in my system. Has anyone tried their ethernet cables? if so, I would be interested in what you think.
    The ethernet cables may have not even been released yet.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

The Ethernet cables has been partly released.

The X and A2 was released last month and the D2 and DTC will be released later this month
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

Hi there,

I would like to say hello to the forum being a new member to this thread and forum.
    I use Ansuz since 6 weeks and I'm totally blown away.

Looking forward to share interesting insights.

Cheers

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Michael, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Welcome Michael!

Just beware, it could happen that people in this thread mistakes you for being "someone else" with that very special username....

Anyhow, how does your setup look like? Have you gotten into Darkz yet?
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Just received the Ceramic and just unpacked it as I could not help myself. Build quality on the Ceramic is top shelf, all day long, and looks to give my full Valhalla 2 loom competition, either way it will be both good (improve sound) and bad for me ($$$$).

Still not sure what I am going to do with it just yet, but wanted to have one, none-the-less, in the upcoming weeks, I will give my impression, may even pick up something else in the interim.
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Just received the Ceramic and just unpacked it as I could not help myself. Build quality on the Ceramic is top shelf, all day long, and looks to give my full Valhalla 2 loom competition, either way it will be both good (improve sound) and bad for me ($$$$).

Still not sure what I am going to do with it just yet, but wanted to have one, none-the-less, in the upcoming weeks, I will give my impression, may even pick up something else in the interim.
    Please do keep us updated on your impressions and observations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post
    Please do keep us updated on your impressions and observations!

Sent from my Tapatalk

Will do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

The full name ist Michael Bock just to be precise

Since yesterday I'm trying the streaming A2 from Melco to Akkurate and from Akkurate to Akudorik.
    Oh Boy... it beats chord music which costs 5 K
    The whole Ansuz loom and Linn Akudorik........couldn't be happier.....I guess

Anybody using Darkz cable lifters in C quality? Thoughts?

My set up:
    Linn Akudorik with new Katalyst D/A converter (B-Flyaudio Decoupling feet underneath) / Linn Akkurate Exact DSM (Darkz D-TC underneath) / Melco N1ZH/2(Darkz D-TC underneath) / Ansuz Mainz X-tc with 2 Sparkz TC and one Sparkz passiv (Darkz D underneath) / C2 in 2 meter from Wall to Mainz / P2 from Mainz to Akudorik and Akkurate/Melco
    Chord music streaming cable from Melco to Akkurate and from Akkurate via exact link with chord signature streaming cable to Akudorik.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Welcome to the forum Michael, thank you for joining.
    Thank you! Looking forward to share some experiences.

Looks like V1 series, not a bad start, enjoy/Mike

Will do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Greetings,

Final report about Mainz8 DTC box, for now at least. Some more hours down the road and things are even better, total effortless musical reproduction, no restraints, and I am still playing with V1 Mainz.
    But it has been a roller coaster experience like after 2 days from hooking it up it sounded worse than before connecting it. But then over a night into 3rd day things started to ease up and after that some more bumps until now when things start to be slightly better every day. This box has to be heard to be believed and if funds are there, go get it.
    When thinking of spending this kind of money, or more, one should consider what would be the best SQ/€, and I do believe this box should at least be demoed before committing to something else.

Will it stay with me….

Mike

Mike my impressions of the Mainz D-TC is quite different. Mine was brand new and part of the first shipment to the US (mine is s/n 3). When Tyler (my local dealer) hooked it up to my system I couldn't believe how it transformed the sound that I didn't think was even possible with what I had. It brought it up several levels. It was like I upgraded everything. That said I did already have a D-TC pc - C2 pc - C2 sc's and D-TC digital coax with power box. I did run mine 7/24 and only noticed improvements over about a 2 week period.

The things I heard was a much tighter and deeper lows. More layers of resolution in the mids and highs. Last the D2.1's could play almost twice as loud.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

George,

That sounds exactly like my impressions with exception of the roller coaster behavior/Mike

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Mike my impressions of the Mainz D-TC is quite different. Mine was brand new and part of the first shipment to the US (mine is s/n 3). When Tyler (my local dealer) hooked it up to my system I couldn't believe how it transformed the sound that I didn't think was even possible with what I had. It brought it up several levels. It was like I upgraded everything. That said I did already have a D-TC pc - C2 pc - C2 sc's and D-TC digital coax with power box. I did run mine 7/24 and only noticed improvements over about a 2 week period.

The things I heard was a much tighter and deeper lows. More layers of resolution in the mids and highs. Last the D2.1's could play almost twice as loud.

Maybe by running it 7/24 I never heard anything short of improvement. No roller coaster.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B. View Post
    Anybody using Darkz cable lifters in C quality? Thoughts?
    I'm not, but I see you got plenty of D-TC underneath your other gear, I would treat your cables with the same love if I were you, the speaker wires might be the most sensitive cable for vibrations, but really all cables touching the floor would probably benefit positively. I recently upgraded from Diamond to D-TC Cable Lifters and considered it a huge improvement. They don't come cheap as you know but I was lucky to find mine second hand. Just the weight difference between the D-TC and the other models gives the impression that it's something else for sure....
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Routed in the Ansuz Ceramic to the PreAmp last night to mess around, and initial impression there is good from the effort; the plugs are solid, feeling better then Nordost Valhalla 2 Holo plugs, great build quality and performance wise, a slight push out the gate.

I don’t know what the metal piece is between the plugs, and it can unscrew.

If your familiar with “Up To Me” on Jethro Tulls Aqualung the first guitar track can be a bit bright with a burst of fatigue especially if your not familiar. After popping in Valhalla 2 the brightness considerably reduced and now with Ansuz the guitar has just rounded very nicely, very controlled - just not sure what percentage Ansuz has played as I moved back the Stillpoint Ultra SS/Base to the N10 and DAC from the Monos, putting the OEM stands that joeinid had an eye on back under the monos. Plus I unplugged everything, and dusted before reinstall - more to come...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@ Voices in my Head

Thank you for your suggestion.
    Do you think it's the same effect , if I have the cables sitting on top of normal dark D-TC? I could get a few for a good discount. But they are not cable lifters and therefor I'm not sure, if I should go for it.
    Have you already sold your Diamond cable lifters?

Goods news

There is a review of the Aavik U-150 in the new issue in Hifi+

If you're interrested in the amplifier and are familiar with the U-300 then I would recommend you to check it out for sure!
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B. View Post
    Thank you for your suggestion.
    Do you think it's the same effect , if I have the cables sitting on top of normal dark D-TC? I could get a few for a good discount. But they are not cable lifters and therefor I'm not sure, if I should go for it.
    Have you already sold your Diamond cable lifters?
    I'm not sure, I think it might not be ultimate as the cables would easily fall of the regular Darkz. But on the other hand, if you have the opportunity to get hold of Darkz D-TC to good prices, you can never have too many of those...

Quote Originally Posted by EmiLiuZ View Post
    Goods news

There is a review of the Aavik U-150 in the new issue in Hifi+

If you're interrested in the amplifier and are familiar with the U-300 then I would recommend you to check it out for sure!
    Thanks Emil, I'm currently considering the U-150 and another integrated amp.... maybe should do some review reading...

Oh No Mainz D-TC owners.
    At Axpona Tyler's room had the Raidho D1.1's driven by the U150 and mostly D2 cables (power cords were D-TC). Sounded so much better than last years D1.1's with Aavik mono's and a full D-TC loom. The mono's are killer. Why?? It was addition of not 1 but 2 Mainz D-TC power distribution boxes in series. If you you think it can't get any better than the Mainz D-TC it sure can. On Sunday for grins and giggles I brought my Mainz D-TC. So we had 3 in series. It got better again. The kicker is with the first box there is a HUGE reduction in noise floor. Adding the second was about a 50% improvement over that. The third added about another 20-25%.

Later on Sunday we took out the U150 (sold) and added the U300. I would have to say the U150 is 90% of the U300 SQ. Extremely impressive especially at about 1/2 the retail of the U300 with either the dac or phono stage (same as in the U300)!!
    George

Oh No Mainz D-TC owners.
    At Axpona Tyler's room had the Raidho D1.1's driven by the U150 and mostly D2 cables (power cords were D-TC). Sounded so much better than last years D1.1's with Aavik mono's and a full D-TC loom. The mono's are killer. Why?? It was addition of not 1 but 2 Mainz D-TC power distribution boxes in series. If you you think it can't get any better than the Mainz D-TC it sure can. On Sunday for grins and giggles I brought my Mainz D-TC. So we had 3 in series. It got better again. The kicker is with the first box there is a HUGE reduction in noise floor. Adding the second was about a 50% improvement over that. The third added about another 20-25%.

Later on Sunday we took out the U150 (sold) and added the U300. I would have to say the U150 is 90% of the U300 SQ. Extremely impressive especially at about 1/2 the retail of the U300 with either the dac or phono stage (same as in the U300)!!
    I was in Tyler’s room on Saturday afternoon and it was definitley sounding excellent.
    A great presentation to go along with fun music and super hosts!
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

I was amazed at how many folks commented how Tyler's room sounded better than Raidho's room with the D4.1's. Those 4.1's are unbelievable. I have to agree and it was the Ansuz products that did the trick.
    George

I have to agree and it was the Ansuz products that did the trick.
    Great, this is all I need.

So far, I have played with the Ceramic V1, and jumping up to the C2’s and a few A2's, as these are amazing cables, even at this level.

Good morning together
    could somebody answer the question if the old Diamond PC is still better than a C2.
    The "old" Diamond would be 2 Meters and is used very cheap. I'm wondering if I should change the C2 from wall socket to mainz D8 and use the C2 for the preamp.

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

In my personal opinion I think the C2 is much better than the original D1. Honestly I think the A2 is better than the D1. But that said they sound different. The V2's are warmer sounding IMO. With the original's - to me as you moved up the line there is a more open sound with more detail with each step up. But they were little steps. For the money was hard for me to justify the cost difference. With the V2 series the difference is much more noticeable with each step up. Easier for me to justify the cost.

Something that logically doesn't make any sense to me is the longer the cable the sound is even better. I would suggest an A2 in 2M for the pre. Any chance you could demo them especially in your home?
    George

In my personal opinion I think the C2 is much better than the original D1. Honestly I think the A2 is better than the D1. But that said they sound different. The V2's are warmer sounding IMO. With the original's - to me as you moved up the line there is a more open sound with more detail with each step up. But they were little steps. For the money was hard for me to justify the cost difference. With the V2 series the difference is much more noticeable with each step up. Easier for me to justify the cost.

Something that logically doesn't make any sense to me is the longer the cable the sound is even better. I would suggest an A2 in 2M for the pre. Any chance you could demo them especially in your home?
    From what I hear, the C2 does outperform the Diamond, and the A2 is a killer as well -

From what hear, the C2 does outperform the Diamond, and the A2 is a killer as well -

So here is what I have so far.

I placed an A2 on the Aurender N10 and DAC and a C2 on the PreAmp, plus a Ceramic on the Transport and so far very pleased with what I am hearing. The system has become more resolving equally throughout the dynamic range after 70 hours, which I was told is the burn in time on these puppies, considerably shorter then Nordost recommending somewhere around 360 hours.

As I now have a mixed loom of cables between Ansuz and Nordost, I have no regrets. Funny part is the A2 is a mid-range in the Ansuz line, and it is holding its own, if not slightly better then the much more expensive Valhalla 2, and the C2 does its own magic and is hovers above the Valhalla 2.

Will I change out anything further, nope. Happy with what I am hearing. I did not want to go crazy on higher end cables for the Server and DAC, and at the A2 price point you have a game, and a very good one!

Right now I am hooked on the first Chicago Album, Chicago Transit Authority, it was downloaded from HDTracks at 24 bit 192 kHz FLAC. While I am sure there are better sounds to compare, I like to stick to an album I know and listen for the detail. Each play on a different day reveals clearer and pronounced tones, tight bass and clear vocals.

Conclusion, Ansuz is a player in the cable game and highly recommended. Since I already have addressed power distribution with Nordost, there are no plans to use Ansuz distribution, but if I did not have Nordost, I would jump into the Ansuz line head first in a New York Second.

Enjoy Your Sound 🤺

Just be careful not to demo the Ansuz distribution especially the new models soon to be released.
    So here is what I have so far.

I placed an A2 on the Aurender N10 and DAC and a C2 on the PreAmp, plus a Ceramic on the Transport and so far very pleased with what I am hearing. The system has become more resolving equally throughout the dynamic range after 70 hours, which I was told is the burn in time on these puppies, considerably shorter then Nordost recommending somewhere around 360 hours.

As I now have a mixed loom of cables between Ansuz and Nordost, I have no regrets. Funny part is the A2 is a mid-range in the Ansuz line, and it is holding its own, if not slightly better then the much more expensive Valhalla 2, and the C2 does its own magic and is hovers above the Valhalla 2.

Will I change out anything further, nope. Happy with what I am hearing. I did not want to go crazy on higher end cables for the Server and DAC, and at the A2 price point you have a game, and a very good one!

Right now I am hooked on the first Chicago Album, Chicago Transit Authority, it was downloaded from HDTracks at 24 bit 192 kHz FLAC. While I am sure there are better sounds to compare, I like to stick to an album I know and listen for the detail. Each play on a different day reveals clearer and pronounced tones, tight bass and clear vocals.

Conclusion, Ansuz is a player in the cable game and highly recommended. Since I already have addressed power distribution with Nordost, there are no plans to use Ansuz distribution, but if I did not have Nordost, I would jump into the Ansuz line head first in a New York Second.

Enjoy Your Sound 鷺
    George

Just be careful not to demo the Ansuz distribution especially the new models soon to be released.
    That’s what I hear, and going to hold the line as in the upcoming months I’m looking next into DACs

That’s what I hear, and going to hold the line as in the upcoming months I’m looking next into DACs

I just tried a quad set of Darkz DTC under the Transport replacing existing - an improvement in all the right areas of sound 🤺

I just tried a quad set of Darkz DTC under the Transport replacing existing - an improvement in all the right areas of sound 🤺

You will soon be very addicted to all their products, like so many of us are allready ;-) The QB8 is a very fine product indeed, but trust me it can can get much better still :-)

Sendt fra min D5803 med Tapatalk
    Buch

"If there's no music up in heaven, then what's it for?" (Arcade Fire)

Change 6,347 for even better, then best.

I bought a Ceramic earlier this year to fiddle with, then tried and bought the C2 and a pair of A2’s based on reading about Ansuz, and seeing them at RMAF ‘17 along with reviewing the postings here on the forum.

Initially I installed the C2 and Ceramic to the PreAmp and Transport and A2’s to the N10 and DAC.

Using the philosophy of the most important cable is from the wall to distribution, I thought I achieved this using the Nordost Reference Cables into their complete QRT line.

Being bored today and restless for the highest gain I replaced the Valhalla 2 with Ansuz cables that went into the QBase MKII (C2) and QX4 (Ceramic) respectively.

The Valhalla 2 is now back to serving the preamp and the DAC. A2’s sit with the Transport and Aurender N10.

There are a number of good cables out there, all at different price points. Personally I started with Nordost, moved up their line and have not looked back and highly recommend their offerings.

Although I am loyal to Nordost I never liked the idea of all my eggs in one basket, and no regrets integrating Ansuz into the mix.

The quality branded aftermarket cables do a lot towards bringing the best out of your equipment.

Also, Ansuz in Denmark was very helpful in answering questions.

For all the audio money spent, and it was hefty, even for me, I am happy where I am at relative to cables, now will look at DACs for the second part of the year.

I highly recommend Ansuz from A2, C2 and the previous generation of C2, the Ceramic. I don’t know about the lines below or above this, and don’t care to, I’m repeating in writing that I am done in a good way with Audio Cables!

Enjoy Your Sound 🤺

Congrats but before you consider a new dac I would highly recommend demoing an Ansuz Mainz A2 C2 or D2 power distribution. I think you'll be amazed how much it improves everything. IMO the discontinued MainzD8 is a big improvement over the Nordost QBase and the A2 is supposed to be a lot better. The new Mainz power distribution should be shipping soon.

Using the philosophy of the most important cable is from the wall to distribution, I thought I achieved this using the Nordost Reference Cables into their complete QRT line.

Being bored today and restless for the highest gain I replaced the Valhalla 2 with Ansuz cables that went into the QBase MKII (C2) and QX4 (Ceramic) respectively.

Although I am loyal to Nordost I never liked the idea of all my eggs in one basket, and no regrets integrating Ansuz into the mix.

The quality branded aftermarket cables do a lot towards bringing the best out of your equipment.

Also, Ansuz in Denmark was very helpful in answering questions.

For all the audio money spent, and it was hefty, even for me, I am happy we’re I am at relative to cables, now will look at DACs for the second part of the year.

Enjoy Your Sound 鷺

George

Congrats but before you consider a new dac I would highly recommend demoing an Ansuz Mainz A2 C2 or D2 power distribution. I think you'll be amazed how much it improves everything. IMO the discontinued MainzD8 is a big improvement over the Nordost QBase and the A2 is supposed to be a lot better. The new Mainz power distribution should be shipping soon.
    Thanks.

I have no doubt the Mainz distribution is sweet.

The one thing that may be the difference brining things to par is I run QKore 6 which allows grounding to both the distribution and 5 components, this had a profound difference and perhaps this is what Ansuz is doing internal to the distribution only, and the components experience lower impedance on the power cables?

Using the philosophy of the most important cable is from the wall to distribution
    Sorry to derail just a little, but fwiw I was told recently by a well-regarded cable manufacturer that this is the *least* important position in power distribution. I have no idea if true or not so just some input, take it as you may/ymmv.
    Main System

Lumin X1 > Boulder 1161 > Scansonic MB3.5 B

Headphones

Home: HiFiMan Susvara > Schiit Lyr+
    Portable: Focal Radiance > AQ Dragonfly Cobalt / Chord Hugo 2

Quote Originally Posted by jmusica View Post
    Sorry to derail just a little, but fwiw I was told recently by a well-regarded cable manufacturer that this is the *least* important position in power distribution. I have no idea if true or not so just some input, take it as you may/ymmv.
    Ansuz is a top shelf cable, along with Nordost and several others I’m sure.

Being in several demonstrations you could easily hear the difference being the most significant update, no different then when I upgraded here at home.

No voodoo, switching or similar, just a pure audible difference.

I've been in Münich for the last couple of days and of course, the Ansuz room is just killing the competition as usual. There has been a lot of nice rooms with for example Absolare, Totaldac, Ypsilon, Wilson Beneasch, VAC, Nagra, Kaiser, Kondo etc etc, but... I don't know if my ears are tuned into the Ansuz channel perhaps, but this is where it sounds special to me. They are also very good presenters, like nobody else actually, it's surprising to see how little time and focus 99% of all manufactures actually spend on trying to sell us their goods. Ansuz are different, it's always very entertaining to attend their rooms and something I can really recommend. Big kudos for that!

On display for the first time was their new rack... it doesn't come cheap, but one could perhaps call it "affordable" considering it might just be one of the best things they've ever produced. Somehow it felt kind of natural that the masters of vibrations and mechanical grounding should eventually produce their own rack, and yes... they seem incredible satisfied about it. I should have posted a picture, but for some reason it doesn't work.

Rack Titanium
    resonance control

Price from:
    low 7,600 EUR
    mid 9,600 EUR
    high 11,600 EUR

It was also a real pleasure to meet with Lars, Frits, Michael and Emil. It's incredibly inspiring to talk and listen to Michael and hear about his design philosophy. I'm completely buying into everything he says, he seems to know what he's talking about, and it seems like he's definitely on to something. He's not stuck in old technology, he sees the future and he tries to shape it.

Right now the only thing I want is a U-300 with a DTC cable and a DTC power distributor. What else could a happy man wish for really?

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    I've been in Münich for the last couple of days and of course, the Ansuz room is just killing the competition as usual. There has been a lot of nice rooms with for example Absolare, Totaldac, Ypsilon, Wilson Beneasch, VAC, Nagra, Kaiser, Kondo etc etc, but... I don't know if my ears are tuned into the Ansuz channel perhaps, but this is where it sounds special to me. They are also very good presenters, like nobody else actually, it's surprising to see how little time and focus 99% of all manufactures actually spend on trying to sell us their goods. Ansuz are different, it's always very entertaining to attend their rooms and something I can really recommend. Big kudos for that!

On display for the first time was their new rack... it doesn't come cheap, but one could perhaps call it "affordable" considering it might just be one of the best things they've ever produced. Somehow it felt kind of natural that the masters of vibrations and mechanical grounding should eventually produce their own rack, and yes... they seem incredible satisfied about it. I should have posted a picture, but for some reason it doesn't work.

Rack Titanium
    resonance control

Price from:
    low 7,600 EUR
    mid 9,600 EUR
    high 11,600 EUR

It was also a real pleasure to meet with Lars, Frits, Michael and Emil. It's incredibly inspiring to talk and listen to Michael and hear about his design philosophy. I'm completely buying into everything he says, he seems to know what he's talking about, and it seems like he's definitely on to something. He's not stuck in old technology, he sees the future and he tries to shape it.

Right now the only thing I want is a U-300 with a DTC cable and a DTC power distributor. What else could a happy man wish for really?
    I just sent my Raidho rack back to my dealer to sell on Consignment. I found several problems with it, beginning with the price. It's closed sides limits access to components to the point where you almost have to tear the rack down to re-cable or put Darkz's under the components. Each shelf comes in a very big box so while other racks like Naim, Quadraspire, etc. present no problem with storage space, the Raidho is a big time problem. I also think the design doesn't work on carpet. I replaced the Raidho with a Quadraspire SVT and after putting my U-300 on some DarkZ's I found that the SVT sounded better. The Quadraspire has spikes.

I picked up the Quadraspire for a bit over $800 which is a fraction of the cost of the Raidho. It's the first sane purchase I've made in a long time.

Bud
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    I just sent my Raidho rack back to my dealer to sell on Consignment. I found several problems with it, beginning with the price. It's closed sides limits access to components to the point where you almost have to tear the rack down to re-cable or put Darkz's under the components. Each shelf comes in a very big box so while other racks like Naim, Quadraspire, etc. present no problem with storage space, the Raidho is a big time problem. I also think the design doesn't work on carpet. I replaced the Raidho with a Quadraspire SVT and after putting my U-300 on some DarkZ's I found that the SVT sounded better. The Quadraspire has spikes.

I picked up the Quadraspire for a bit over $800 which is a fraction of the cost of the Raidho. It's the first sane purchase I've made in a long time.

Bud
    The new Ansuz rack is a totally different design, developed from the ground up by Michael Borresen & co. It's also modular, expandable and easy to handle.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Sense View Post
    The new Ansuz rack is a totally different design, developed from the ground up by Michael Borresen & co. It's also modular, expandable and easy to handle.

Do you have a link to this new Borresen designed rack?
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Sense View Post

i bought the Quadraspire before I found out about the new rack. I’m happy about that because the Quadraspire sounds good and saved me thousands of dollars.

Bud
    Last edited by Leatherneck; May 23, 2018 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Corrected typing
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    Do you have a link to this new Borresen designed rack?
    https://www.facebook.com/ansuzacoust...type=3&theater
    I'm not sure but unless you have a need for open side I would probably prefer HRS racks. The one Adam has. Me - I'm sticking with my pARTicular rack.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    i bought the Quadraspire before I found out about the new rack. I’m happy about that because the Quadraspire sounds good and saved me thousands of dollars.

Bud
    Congrats Bud. You saved some $$$. My rack is open sided and I do like that a lot!!
    George

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories