Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Yes they were shipped 12/20/17 but found out Tyler is now expecting delivery on Wed January 3.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Quote Originally Posted by EmiLiuZ View Post
    I hope it will be worth the wait !
    It better be worth the cost as well!!

Bud
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

All The Mainz 8 DTC were shipping out all together... like Emil.. the new DTC is really something special.. and will not disappoint you.. Merry 🎄 and happy new year 🎈🎊🎆

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    Thank you Lars,

Here's a question I've been trying to get answered. I have a full loom of DTC power cables. One of them goes to the Aurender streamer from the MainzD8. What would be the consequences if I replaced that DTC PC with a new C2 PC and then replaced the D8 with the new Mainz DTC? I've thought about using one of my DTC PC's to fund the new Mainz DTC.

I live in a small apartment and can't play my system too loudly, that's why I listen so much with headphones.

My system now is about as good as I could get it before you developed the new Mainz DTC. It already has a dark background.

Then there is also the type of music I listen to. I almost never listen to music produced with electronic devices. I have Tidal but most of the music on there I would never listen to. So there is more to my decision than meets the eye.

Anyway, I appreciate your time to help me make a decision.

Bud
    While I agree that Ansuz cables are great. I am a bit chocked that some people spend way so much on cables.

Personally I think anything above the C series would be overkill for my system. I use mostly X series. My DAC was 1250 euro, I'm not going to add a 1200euro (P2 series) powercord to that.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Mordante , i can understand you.

From my recent experience with NorOst Power cords is that i am actually stunned on how much more one get , from going up.
    Just before my loan of NordOst power cords i would have said that anything more than 500 € would be overkill . Now considering the Frey 2.
    I know its not Ansuz but could suspect it would be the same there.
    The best is of course to get a loan so that one can decide if its worth the extra money.

When the first generation of Ansuz cables came out in 2013 there was somewhat of a consensus here that the Ceramic line of cables was the sweet spot. In the intervening years I owned both the Ceramic and the Diamond. Yes the Diamond was better but it was almost 3X the cost. Ouch! But once I had the complete Diamond loom I never looked back during those years.

Fast forward to last winter and I was given the opportunity to audition the complete DTC loom. Now this was a landslide step up over the diamond. Mentally I went thru the audition process going to the DTC power cords first (clear audible difference) then to the interconnects with the power box and then to the speaker cables and jumpers.

Once all was in place I found a closer intimacy with the music and more emotional engagement. More detail without ever tiring of listening. More headroom. At upper sound pressure levels, a cleaner loud.

No auditory distress!

I don't know how the designer does it with the DTC. Eliminating the noise, moving the noise out of the audible range -- whatever the method employed the is nothing like listening with all of the EMI, RFI and other gremlins that ride on the power line are removed.

I have never had a more satisfactory musical listening experience. This enhancement I've been living with for almost a year now. What I can say is that it is not one of those improvements "that blends into the woodwork" or ceases to satisfy. That is that your ears seem to adapt to the change in SQ and you no longer notice it. I am still amazed every day.

Now what possibly can the DTC Mainz8 do now that substantially "all of the noise" has been moved out of the picture. I don't really know since I haven't heard it. But I'm taking a leap of faith that it will more of what the DTC technology already provides and that is more music!

I'll soon find out here in the coming days as it is inbound.

The guys an Ansuz are really on to something.
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Hi Le Roy
    Tyler should be getting them on Wed 1-3-18. All I can say from the demo is the difference with the Mainz D-TC is even bigger than D-TC power cords. I'm hoping Tyler can deliver and set mine up on Wed or Thur evening
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Out of the box the noise floor must have dropped several stories. Talk about detail - depth and openness. Un Fricken believable. I'm hearing detail I never knew was there without losing any pRat. My hat is off to Mike B.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    George

So George, how much sleep did you get last night?

Do you have three of four Darkz under the chassis of the DTC Mainz8?

You'll have to report back if it gets better with break-in.
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Le Roy I didn't much sleep at all. Hard to imagine it will get better. I have to say it seems as if I got the Aavik monos. So in that regard the Mainz D-TC is well worth it. It is without any doubt this is Mike B's best most effective product ever.

No darkz yet but when the time (finances) allow I will get 4. I also have some ceramic bearings I want to use in place of the ones from Ansuz. They are si3n4 grade 3.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    So George, how much sleep did you get last night?

Do you have three of four Darkz under the chassis of the DTC Mainz8?

You'll have to report back if it gets better with break-in.
    Le Roy, have you got your Mainz8 D-TC yet? If so please let us know what you think about it.

I’ve put the shipment of mine on hold while I decide if the hype is worth the cost to me in my system/space/music. I know it’s a strange question from a guy that has spent insane money on cables. Maybe that’s why I’ve come down to earth on spending.

Also, it won’t fit on my Naim Fraim and I’m reluctant to put it on the floor/carpet. That was a disaster with my D8. So the cost of the D-TC might also entail an upgrade to a Raidho equipment stand.

Bud
    Bud<br>

ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect

Le Roy, have you got your Mainz8 D-TC yet? If so please let us know what you think about it.

I’ve put the shipment of mine on hold while I decide if the hype is worth the cost to me in my system/space/music. I know it’s a strange question from a guy that has spent insane money on cables. Maybe that’s why I’ve come down to earth on spending.

Also, it won’t fit on my Naim Fraim and I’m reluctant to put it on the floor/carpet. That was a disaster with my D8. So the cost of the D-TC might also entail an upgrade to a Raidho equipment stand.

Bud
    Hi Bud, I have not received my Mainz8 DTC yet. I had Tyler send mine to a friend in Houston. My friend also has the Raidho D5.1's and the ENTIRE DTC loom. Every power cable, interconnect and his speaker cables are DTC. I told him he could try it out for a short period of time but then he'd have to give it back to me.

He declined to initially order the DTC Mainz8. He reasoned (understandably) look, if I've got the entire loom of DTC and all the noise is virtually eliminated from my system, how much better can it get?

Well he has had the DTC Mainz8 in his system since Wednesday, and now he doesn't want to give it back! So now Tyler is sending me a new one on Monday.

BTW, my friend has his sitting on a ceramic tile floor because he is out of rack space. Not the most ideal arrangement but Tyler sent him four DTC Darkz (risers) to support the unit. I think it would sound better properly supported on a rack but he is loving the sound the way it is supported now.
    Le Roy

Foundation:

Hi Bud, I have not received my Mainz8 DTC yet. I had Tyler send mine to a friend in Houston. My friend also has the Raidho D5.1's and the ENTIRE DTC loom. Every power cable, interconnect and his speaker cables are DTC. I told him he could try it out for a short period of time but then he'd have to give it back to me.

He declined to initially order the DTC Mainz8. He reasoned (understandably) look, if I've got the entire loom of DTC and all the noise is virtually eliminated from my system, how much better can it get?

Well he has had the DTC Mainz8 in his system since Wednesday, and now he doesn't want to give it back! So now Tyler is sending me a new one on Monday.

BTW, my friend has his sitting on a ceramic tile floor because he is out of rack space. Not the most ideal arrangement but Tyler sent him four DTC Darkz (risers) to support the unit. I think it would sound better properly supported on a rack but he is loving the sound the way it is supported now.
    Well, I guess that answers my questions. If for no other reason, I've got to see what the hype is all about.

Bud
    Bud<br>

Hi Bud and Le Roy
    I've had mine for a week now and out of the box it is fantastic. Like Le Roy's friend I wondered how it could get better. Well I've put about 40 -50 hrs on it (this is the first I haven't tracked exactly how many hrs). The bass is tighter and bit deeper than with the D8. The transients are much faster which is very apparent in the mids and highs making the sound much clearer. The background is much darker (didn't think it could get any blacker). Now these were my initial out of the box thoughts and it continues to get better although it's a slow process. It's similar to adding the D-TC power box for my D-TC digital cable where I've started to hear micro details that I never knew were there but am now hearing even more.

Now the process I've been doing is mostly listening to internet radio which never sounded anywhere as good as streaming ripped cd's from the Naim UnitiServe. To me the internet radio always sounded like the bass was bloated and the highs were tipped up even with radio paradise. Because I only have the Userve I don't have any subscriptions to services like Tidal or Spotify. So IMO the streaming of internet radio with the Mainz D-TC brings out the flaws even more. But in turn streaming the ripped cd's sound so much better. That said I only only have a set of Diamond Darkz under the Aavik and nothing under the Mainz D-TC. This is a tough time of the year to spend these big bucks (on the Mainz) due to Christmas and Grand Kids birthdays. Next up is real estate taxes. I plan to get Darkz D-TC's as soon as I get those taken care of. Not sure if those would sound best under the Aavik or the Mainz. For grins and giggles I already have a set of 36 Si3N4 grade 3 ceramic bearings to try when I do get the Darkz D-TC's. I asked Mike B at Tyler's demo what he thought of those bearings and he said the grade doesn't matter but the different type of bearings sound different. In my mind the grade should make a difference but in my mind wire shouldn't make a difference but they sure do.

So the short version is the Mianz D-TC is the best component upgrade I have ever heard. The only downside is if you use a bad source like internet radio it will bring out the flaws (but understand the internet radio though the Naim could be a lot better). That said and I almost forgot is I have my TV connected with a fiber cable and the sound has improved quite a bit. So I also wonder how long it will take for the Mainz to be fully broken in.
    George

I just told Tyler to ship me my Mainz8 D-TC ASAP. I've stopped vacillating.

Thanks guys.

Bud
    Bud<br>

I think he is at the CES. Not sure if Dana went with.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    I think he is at the CES. Not sure if Dana went with.
    Yup, I know. He was going to do some resting on Tuesday to see if the DTC would work on the Fraim. I told him to ship the DTC and I’ll deal with siting it.

i have the idea of rotating the front posts on the Fraim shelf to see if I can slide the DTC far enough forward to clear the rear post with a DTC PC plugged into the Ground outlet.

Otherwise, I’ll have to put it on the floor until I can come up with a final solution.

Bud
    Bud<br>

Dana shipped mine yesterday and it’s due to arrive Friday. Looks like I’ll have to sit it on the floor unless I can tweak the Naim Fraim to make it fit. If I can’t do that i’ll order a Raidho low rack for it.

i can’t go for the full Raidho rack because my apartment storage won’t hold all the boxes.

I’m anxious to hear what all the flap is about.

Bud
    Bud<br>

Hey Bud

IMO it's Mike B's best product yet. The most noticeable thing you'll hear at first is a much lower noise floor resulting in much faster transients especially with the vocals and instruments. Kind of like adding a D-TC PC and IC's with the power box at the same time but better. Since you already have them you'll hear more micro details than you ever knew that were there. The lows sound a bit deeper and tighter and the highs a bit smoother. Probably have 100 hrs on mine now and it continues to get better although it seems very minor compared to first installing it. Considering the retail price of a 2M D-TC PC this is a bargain IMO.
    George

Hey Bud

IMO it's Mike B's best product yet. The most noticeable thing you'll hear at first is a much lower noise floor resulting in much faster transients especially with the vocals and instruments. Kind of like adding a D-TC PC and IC's with the power box at the same time but better. Since you already have them you'll hear more micro details than you ever knew that were there. The lows sound a bit deeper and tighter and the highs a bit smoother. Probably have 100 hrs on mine now and it continues to get better although it seems very minor compared to first installing it. Considering the retail price of a 2M D-TC PC this is a bargain IMO.
    I own a device that costs about 1% of my high end audio system and does everything the big system does with somewhat lower sound quality. It's a Naim Mu-So. Listening to background music from an Internet blue grass station, the Mu-So is just about as satisfying to me as the big system.

I divorced myself from the Lunatic Fringe for more than 30 years and saved a lot of money. Then the family comptroller passed away and I fell off the wagon.

Now I'm beyond redemption and I'm truly sorry about it. I have no one to blame but myself.

I went from Japanese (MidFi) to American (MacIntosh) to Canadian (Bryston) to British (Naim) to Danish (Raidho/Ansuz) and now Korean (Aurender).

There should be a rehab for members of the Lunatic Fringe.

Bud
    Bud<br>

Hey Bud

Well George, I can see that you and others were right about the Mainz8 D-TC. The thing I notice most is how organic instruments sound, especially bass strings and pianos. I can also play it louder w/o concern.

I have it sitting on wooden blocks on a carpeted floor. If I bought a Raidho rack for it, I'd need to get spikes.

I'm just getting started but you can probably tell I'm excited. And it is a bargain compared to D-TC PC's (if anything from Denmark can be called a bargain).

Bud
    Bud<br>

Hate to I told you so BUT I told you so
    Give it some time and it will continue to get better but nothing like you first heard.
    BTW Congrats
    George

My phono interlink is currently by a brand named Cammino. However I'm contemplating about switching it for an Anzus. Now I have more or less two options. A second hand Anzus Ceramic series 1 or the new A2. The price is more or less the same. What would your advice be?
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    My phono interlink is currently by a brand named Cammino. However I'm contemplating about switching it for an Anzus. Now I have more or less two options. A second hand Anzus Ceramic series 1 or the new A2. The price is more or less the same. What would your advice be?
    A2 IMO opinion. The A2 beat the snot out of my original C1 going from the MainzD8 to Aavik. C2 beat that and the D2 was even better but still not a D-TC.
    George

For those of us that feel the Mainz 8 D-TC is out of reach.... Here comes the new gang!

A2, C2, D2 to match the cable lineups....

"When it comes to performance, the new Mainz8 A2 starts well over the old Mainz8 D"

https://us2.campaign-archive.com/?u=...&id=718af7c2d3
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Very interesting. I had asked Mike B back in Nov when he demoed the Mainz D-TC if they were considering making more affordable models and he said no. I guess he thought about later and decided to do it. But on the other hand I mentioned black wings and base on the Raidho Dx.1 speakers after I got my D2.1's and low and behold it's an option now.
    George

Maybe they are actually listening to their customers?
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

About deliveries not, as I am still waiting for my cables and kind of gave up as the Xmas excitement moment kind of disappeared.
    Pretty sure it will be nice when they show up at my door step/Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Hi Mike
    we are not familiar with any back orders of cables, but we are very busy right now and have a lead time for 3 to 4 weeks.
    So if you have any issues we will love to hear about it.
    You are welcome to contact me on lkk@ansuz-acoustics.com
    kind regards
    Lars

Well George, I can see that you and others were right about the Mainz8 D-TC. The thing I notice most is how organic instruments sound, especially bass strings and pianos. I can also play it louder w/o concern.

I have it sitting on wooden blocks on a carpeted floor. If I bought a Raidho rack for it, I'd need to get spikes.

I'm just getting started but you can probably tell I'm excited. And it is a bargain compared to D-TC PC's (if anything from Denmark can be called a bargain).

Bud
    Nice set.

But the DTC series cables. These prices are just mind boggling. In a few years time I might buy a 2nd hand U-150, right now 20k for a amp is not feasible. But any power cable beyond the P2 would seem massive overkill for that amp.

Nice set.

But the DTC series cables. These prices are just mind boggling. In a few years time I might buy a 2nd hand U-150, right now 20k for a amp is not feasible. But any power cable beyond the P2 would seem massive overkill for that amp.
    Of all the Danish kit I've bought, the D-TC PC's are the things that have generated the most buyer's remorse. I recently bought a C2 to power my Chord Dave and frankly, I'd like to downsize a couple of my D-TC's for C2's. Obviously I didn't pay list price for the D-TC's but just the thought of what they cost has kept me awake nights.

The law of diminishing returns is in play here in spades although I'm now hearing what the Mainz8 D-TC can do and it's detail I've never heard in decades of listening to recorded music.

As for the U-300, it deserves the best. It's that good, especially the DAC.

Bud
    Bud<br>

Of all the Danish kit I've bought, the D-TC PC's are the things that have generated the most buyer's remorse. I recently bought a C2 to power my Chord Dave and frankly, I'd like to downsize a couple of my D-TC's for C2's. Obviously I didn't pay list price for the D-TC's but just the thought of what they cost has kept me awake nights.

The law of diminishing returns is in play here in spades although I'm now hearing what the Mainz8 D-TC can do and it's detail I've never heard in decades of listening to recorded music.

As for the U-300, it deserves the best. It's that good, especially the DAC.

Bud
    The U300 is indeed a very nice amp. I've heard it often. But I don't think it would be the ideal amp for me. IMHO The X-3's I have are a bit on the polite side for the sound spectrum and so is the U300. If I were to buy something I'd like a more lively amp.

That is my main "problem" with a complete Ansuz/Raidho/Aavik set, it can sound a bit too smooth IMHO. Right now I use a Symphonic Line amp, I suspect its a bit on the romantic side. If I were to replace it. Something a bit more forward sounding would be nice. The Symphonic Line is very dynamic which I like but maybe lacks a bit of upper range sparkle.

The U300 is indeed a very nice amp. I've heard it often. But I don't think it would be the ideal amp for me. IMHO The X-3's I have are a bit on the polite side for the sound spectrum and so is the U300. If I were to buy something I'd like a more lively amp.

That is my main "problem" with a complete Ansuz/Raidho/Aavik set, it can sound a bit too smooth IMHO. Right now I use a Symphonic Line amp, I suspect its a bit on the romantic side. If I were to replace it. Something a bit more forward sounding would be nice. The Symphonic Line is very dynamic which I like but maybe lacks a bit of upper range sparkle.
    I"ve compared the U-300 DAC to my Chord Dave as a stand-alone DAC through the U-300 amp section and the U-300 DAC is smoother and more polite. I suspect the DAC is governing what you hear out of a U-300 along with cables, etc.

Since I listen to headphones more than speakers, I've thought about selling the U-300 and buying an amp to go with my Dave but then when I add up things, I don't see any advantage.

I've put a lot of money into my system and most people would have long since upgraded the speakers before doing so. In my case, the X-2's serve my purpose and the amp section of the U-300 is overkill. The majority of the time I'm not even using the U-300, just the Aurender N10, Dave and headphones. The foundation I've got for my system works for any configuration.

Bud
    Bud<br>

Quote Originally Posted by Ansuz-Aavik Lars View Post
    Dear Bud

i Think in This case you’re very wrong. Even your headset will sound much much better, for sure headphones I sounding so much better, when I putted in the new DTC Mainz8
    You were right Lars. I am using a Chord Dave as a headphone amp and I certainly hear the difference with the new Mainz8 D-TC. It's connected with a new C2 PC. I originally intended to use the Line Out of my modified U-300 into a Bryston headphone amp but it turned out that the Line Out was connected after the volume control.

I'm trying to find out if the Line Out ports on the new U-150 are connected before or after the volume control. Can you tell me?

Thanks,
    Bud
    Bud<br>

Both in the Aavik U-150 and the U-300 the volume control is an integrated part of the line stage..in the U-150 the output stage can be turn off via the remote control

Both in the Aavik U-150 and the U-300 the volume control is an integrated part of the line stage..in the U-150 the output stage can be turn off via the remote control
    Thank you Lars. I had my U-300 modified to provide a line out port but it was implemented after the volume control. There was no way to mute the speaker output w/o muting the line out port. It appears that the problem has been fixed on the U-150.

BTW, Tyler M. told me that the PCM DAC in my U-300 is six layers while the MQA DAC in the U-150 is four layers. Could you explain that to me? Head to head with the Chord Dave used as a DAC, I prefer the one in the U-300 despite the Dave's good reputation.

Thanks in advance,

Bud
    Bud<br>

Hi Bud
    Both DACs are 6 layers PBC.. but we don’t use exactly the same components in the U-150.. the main differences are in the preamp section..

Each input on the U-300 has each own volume control.. which means that the S/N ratio is much lower.. both when that said, the U-150 is still an amazing performer

Ansuz now out with Ethernet cables.. interesting

"NEW: ANSUZ ACOUSTICS ETHERNET CABLES
    It has for some time been a request from our dealers and users, that we would manufacture ethernet cables with Ansuz quality.
    After doing some challenging experiments at our workshop, we feel confident that we have developed an High-End Ethernet cable solution to music lovers who wants to take streaming audio to a higher level.
    Ansuz X Digitalz Ethernet Cable (NSC Technology)
    First delivery March 2018

Ansuz A2 Digitalz Ethernet Cable (NSC Technology)

Ansuz D2 Digitalz Ethernet Cable (Upgradable with D-TC PowerBox)
    First delivery April 2018

Ansuz D-TC Digitalz Ethernet Cable (D-TC PowerBox is mandatory)

Naturally, as with all Ansuz Cables, the focus has been on strong mechanics, efficient grounding and shielding. Ansuz NSC technology is incorporated in all designs.
    The Tesla Coil technology in the D2 Ethernet cable can be run passively or upgraded to active using the D-TC PowerBox. In the D-TC Ethernet cable you find all the best Ansuz technologies including the active Tesla Coil system that requires the use of an D-TC PowerBox."
    Buch

"If there's no music up in heaven, then what's it for?" (Arcade Fire)

Audioshark

Cool. DTC Ethernet too. Sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Buch73 View Post
    Ansuz now out with Ethernet cables.. interesting

"NEW: ANSUZ ACOUSTICS ETHERNET CABLES
    It has for some time been a request from our dealers and users, that we would manufacture ethernet cables with Ansuz quality.
    After doing some challenging experiments at our workshop, we feel confident that we have developed an High-End Ethernet cable solution to music lovers who wants to take streaming audio to a higher level.
    Ansuz X Digitalz Ethernet Cable (NSC Technology)

Ansuz A2 Digitalz Ethernet Cable (NSC Technology)

Ansuz D2 Digitalz Ethernet Cable (Upgradable with D-TC PowerBox)

Ansuz D-TC Digitalz Ethernet Cable (D-TC PowerBox is mandatory)

Naturally, as with all Ansuz Cables, the focus has been on strong mechanics, efficient grounding and shielding. Ansuz NSC technology is incorporated in all designs.
    The Tesla Coil technology in the D2 Ethernet cable can be run passively or upgraded to active using the D-TC PowerBox. In the D-TC Ethernet cable you find all the best Ansuz technologies including the active Tesla Coil system that requires the use of an D-TC PowerBox."
    How "mucho dinero" (in USD) for each of the above? Or in colloquial English, what "kind of cake" are we talking?
    Le Roy

Foundation:

Le Roy have you ever heard that old saying 'If you have to ask'? I would think somewhere between the digital coax and usb pricing. I would be more curious if they are equivalent to Cat 5/6 etc.
    George

There is a HIFI show this weekend in Denmark, where Ansuz will Aldo demo. So i will ask them about these new cables tomorrow.

Sendt fra min D5803 med Tapatalk
    Buch

"If there's no music up in heaven, then what's it for?" (Arcade Fire)

How "mucho dinero" (in USD) for each of the above? Or in colloquial English, what "kind of cake" are we talking?
    Got this from Tyler last night. May not be exact but very close
    X - 680
    A2- 1100
    D2- 3000
    DTC 5600

This is for 1M cables and 35% per additional meter
    George

The prices are correct, except that the price for additional meter is 25%

Thanks for the update Lars.
    George

Got this from Tyler last night. May not be exact but very close
    X - 680
    A2- 1100
    D2- 3000
    DTC 5600

This is for 1M cables and 35% per additional meter
    The prices are correct, except that the price for additional meter is 25%
    Ouch, that is way more expensive then I was hoping for. A one meter Ethernet cable is useless. Most people will need 2+ or more realistic 4 meters.

Ouch, that is way more expensive then I was hoping for. A one meter Ethernet cable is useless. Most people will need 2+ or more realistic 4 meters.
    Not in my case. 1 meter or perhaps 2 meter should work great for I have a switch behind my rack that connects the Aurender, DAC, Squeezebox etc.

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post
    Not in my case. 1 meter or perhaps 2 meter should work great for I have a switch behind my rack that connects the Aurender, DAC, Squeezebox etc.

I would need about 3 to 4 meters now. But I used to have a 20meter long Ethernet cable. Some people have a sytem on the 2nd floor. They run a wire from ground to 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post

I would need about 3 to 4 meters now. But I used to have a 20meter long Ethernet cable. Some people have a system on the 2nd floor. They run a wire from ground to 2nd.
    I go from the 2nd floor to the ground level. I use ethernet over power to get to the ground floor with very good results. But from the ground floor adapter to the switch I would need at least 7M of cable. But from the switch to Naim US I need about 1/2M. I'm willing to try the short cable.

That said once you own D-TC anything less sounds very ordinary. Just came back from a XT5 demo with no D-TC (only D2 which is far from shabby). There was so much missing from the songs I know very well. But I do own the Mainz D-TC with the D-TC power cord and digital D-TC.

Yeah I'm spoiled and admit it.
    George

I go from the 2nd floor to the ground level. I use ethernet over power to get to the ground floor with very good results. But from the ground floor adapter to the switch I would need at least 7M of cable. But from the switch to Naim US I need about 1/2M. I'm willing to try the short cable.

That said once you own D-TC anything less sounds very ordinary. Just came back from a XT5 demo with no D-TC (only D2 which is far from shabby). There was so much missing from the songs I know very well. But I do own the Mainz D-TC with the D-TC power cord and digital D-TC.

Yeah I'm spoiled and admit it.
    Would love to have all DT-C power cables. But replacing my current power cables by DT-C would cost something like 90keuro. I don't event want to know how much it would cost to have a all DT-C cables.

I wish I could afford it. The P line would be the absolute max I might be able to afford but even that is doubtful.

To be honest I think that Anzus is pricing itself out of the market. The avg income where I live would be around 50K euro. After tax that leaves about 30k. The series 2 is lot more expensive than the series 1.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories