Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

NY Show Friday April 12

Just a few photos from the show. I didn't take notes, just some photos.

P1010578.jpgP1010579 - Version 2.jpgP1010588.jpgP1010590.jpgP1010596.jpg

Thank you for sharing.. I wish I could hear those alien looking Vivid speakers.
    Paul

Audioshark
    Thanks Bruce! You take great pictures!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Thanks for the pics Bruce.....kind of partial to monitors for some reason.

Bruce
    Thanks for the great pics.
    Bob

Heroes don't wear capes, they wear dogtags.

Very nice pics, what was driving the Raidho?

Thx for the pics Bruce
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Bruce... Thanks for the photos!!!

I spy the new VPI table

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Jeff

AMP: McIntosh MC402 PRE: McIntosh C2300 Digital: Gold Note DS-10 & PSU-10 EVO TURNTABLE: Dr. Feickert Blackbird PHONO STAGE: Gold Note PH-10 & PSU-10 SPEAKERS: Aerial Acoustics Model 8B’s

“The more you tighten your grip Tarkin the more star systems will slip through your fingers”

Audioshark
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite613 View Post

I spy the new VPI table

Its a thing of beauty! I want one in that color too!

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by AudioSalon View Post
    Very nice pics, what was driving the Raidho?
    Merrill Audio Veritas monoblocks.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite613 View Post

I spy the new VPI table

Jeff, weren't you planning to go to the show today?

Allen

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    How did they sound. I am intrigued by these.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I heard them in this Raidho room and another room with Sanders speakers. I really didn't get a good seat in the Raidho room so can't speak to much other than tone. Tonally, the system (can't say amp, source, speakers, only system) was a little leaner than when I heard the Raidhos C1.1s with the Dartz Integrated amp. Slightly different speaker, different upstream, tough to compare.

In the Sanders room, I had center seat and they played a piece I was familiar with. Here, the Veritas show speed and control over what I generally consider difficult speakers to drive over a difficult movement. Soundstage depth seemed good as well. Because of the electrostats being used, the sound again is on the lean side to my ears but that's the nature of 'stats I think and they are generally not my cuppa (though I do love their speed!).

I actually sort of know Merrill. We had a transaction on Agon. He's based out here in NJ. I can ask him if he'd entertain an in home demo if you're interested, Joe.

Merrill was telling me either the distributor or the retailer was so wow'ed by the Veritas, he wanted to use them to drive the Raidho's at the show, so they did. I only wish I had a good listening spot to hear what the system could offer.

Allen

Super Moderator
    I was thinking about a home demo on the Veritas but I am so amp'd up, I'd be wasting both of our time. Some of the new N-core Class D offerings are supposed to be amazing.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark
    Drool!

Thanks. I wish I had taken some notes, but it was a casual day, moving on.

Jeff, weren't you planning to go to the show today?
    Allen... Planned yes. We had a bad week financially; we had to replace brakes (+ rotors) on the car. Also oil tank was filled at the house. And with Record Store Day next Saturday no extra cash in the budget for the show.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Jeff

AMP: McIntosh MC402 PRE: McIntosh C2300 Digital: Gold Note DS-10 & PSU-10 EVO TURNTABLE: Dr. Feickert Blackbird PHONO STAGE: Gold Note PH-10 & PSU-10 SPEAKERS: Aerial Acoustics Model 8B’s

“The more you tighten your grip Tarkin the more star systems will slip through your fingers”

Thanks for sharing the pics Bruce, I also saw Singer's setup on a friend's Facebook page. Anyone hear the D2 Raidho driven by the VAC 450 Statement S?

^^^^ Yes. They played crappy music when I was there.

I thought it was pretty lame that the company rep kept saying "there's 1.7 carats of pure diamond in the speaker." WHO THE HELL CARES! Play me something that I might actually listen to at home.

They were using almost $200k in equipment. It didn't sound so good and the demo left me totally cold and uninterested.
    Last edited by GaryProtein; April 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MEN220, MCD500, MR78-Modafferi modified, MPI4, MC602 (2), Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-E, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2), NO TV!

Audioshark
    The amount of diamonds may appeal to someone who is outwardly superficial. You know, the showy/bling type.

But it wouldn't matter a hill of beans to me either. How they sound is all that would matter. That being said, I do like a speaker that appeals to the eye....but that's secondary.

If I told my wife about the diamonds, she would say "good, get them out of there so I can wear them".

That is a shame, they don't call it the art of the demo for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryProtein View Post

I thought it was pretty lame that the company rep kept saying "there's 1.7 carats of pure diamond in the speaker." WHO THE HELL CARES! Play me something that I might actually listen to at home.

They were using almost $200k in equipment. It didn't sound so good and the demo left me totally cold and uninterested.
    Did you really expect good sound in a square room? Could have told that before walking in.
    Myles B. Astor, Senior Editor, PF, www.positive-feedback.com
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Doshi Audio EVO phonostage, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryProtein View Post

Oh that's too bad. I tend to only buy speakers that have a size able amount of diamonds... LOL!
    I had a bad experience at singer before. I was there to buy a pair of speakers . I had $10k in my pocket in cash and I was treated so rudely that I left and never went back. Of course they didn't know I had cash and I was on my way home from work so I was in dirty clothes. But still. Just because I didn't look like a spender doesn't mean you can be a jerk to me. They lost my business for life. Too bad too I'm in the city alot and would have stopped there several times since then.
    I can't believe I forgot about this show!!!! I really wanted to go, and I was there Friday looking at a job in queens . I easily could have checked it out.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

NY Show Friday April 12