Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Rockport's physical location??

Hey all,

We will be spending about a week in Camden Maine. I am wondering how close Camden is to Rockport's location?? If it is close enough, I would like to take an hour or two and listen to some speakers in their listening rooms as well as see if the factory (if allowed, of course)...

Cheers,

Re: Rockport's physical location??

Rockport is in South Thomaston about 12 miles south from Camden. You can call Andy Payor up at Rockport and schedule a tour and listen.
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Quote Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
    Rockport is in South Thomaston about 12 miles south from Camden. You can call Andy Payor up at Rockport and schedule a tour and listen.
    Excellent and many thanks!!! I will give him a call tomorrow AM!

Cheers,

Huh! I always thought Rockport was in Rockport . I've driven past several times and always thought I was still in Rockport . Anyway beautiful country up there! Have fun.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

ILUVAUDIO....did you ever get in touch with Andy at Rockport? Have you set up a visit? Just curious. Thx
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

ILUVAUDIO....did you ever get in touch with Andy at Rockport? Have you set up a visit? Just curious. Thx
    +1!
    Speaker: Wilson Audio XLF + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: Robert Koda K15EX + Gryphon Mephisto Stereo

Cable: TA Opus (Gen5) + Sablon Audio Prince (Orange)
    Power: 7 Dedicated Lines Furutech + Torus AVR 16 + Burmester 948 + NordostQX4
    Isolation: Under: SRA+HRS+Stillpoints+Auralex Top: HRS+Artesania+Entreq+EAT+90kg Mass
    Ground/Shield: Tripoint Troy Sig & Thor + Entreq Atlantis / Receivus +Everest+Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex + Mullard
    Headphone Setup: Sennheiser 650 + Arcam rHead + Apogee Groove

Quote Originally Posted by Petro85 View Post
    Huh! I always thought Rockport was in Rockport . I've driven past several times and always thought I was still in Rockport . Anyway beautiful country up there! Have fun.
    They were, up until a few years ago. Andy Payor's physical disabilities had progressed to the point that a move was desirable. The new place is right on the Atlantic in a quiet cove. Andy's as good a person as you'll meet and very professional.
    Brian Walsh
    Music Direct

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Rockport's physical location??