Audionet DNP Preamp - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Audionet DNP Preamp

Truly an amazing piece. Room EQ of this quality is invaluable. Once again, we are seeing DSP come into the mainstream. With the Audionet DNP, Devialet's SAM technology and many other examples, we are finally seeing manufacturers focus in on the effects of the room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: AAvik Electronics, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, Crystal Cable, Dali Loudspeakers, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers, Focal Headphones, Furutech, ISO Acoustics, KEF, Kimber Kable, KLAudio, KR Audio, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, Manley Labs, Melco Audio, MicroMega, M2Tech, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PlayBack Designs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Raidho Loudspeakers, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sonoma Acoustics, SOtM, SRA, Straight Wire, Stillpoints, T+A, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vandersteen Speakers, Vicoustics, Vitus Audio, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, ZYX Cartridges.

www.suncoastaudio.com
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Truly an amazing piece. Room EQ of this quality is invaluable. Once again, we are seeing DSP come into the mainstream. With the Audionet DNP, Devialet's SAM technology and many other examples, we are finally seeing manufacturers focus in on the effects of the room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    i totally agree. To me, the DNP is flying under the radar and that's too bad. The onboard EQ is supposedly proprietary. However, it looks like a traditional PEQ but I never really got any answers.

Marshall also didn't talk about using upnp or dlna via network. It's called the DNP which I think stands for digital network pre, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dallasjustice View Post
    i totally agree. To me, the DNP is flying under the radar and that's too bad. The onboard EQ is supposedly proprietary. However, it looks like a traditional PEQ but I never really got any answers.

Marshall also didn't talk about using upnp or dlna via network. It's called the DNP which I think stands for digital network pre, right?
    I totally forgot about this thread Sorry for answering more than one year after your question.

Yes DNP stands for Digital Network Preamp. It is excellent in all aspects. However I have to admit that I use it as a formidabel analogue pre-amp and the DSP. And the TV /Blu-Ray and Apple TV are connected through the optical section. Also the DAC is really top level.

The streaming department is great to, but I am too much addicted to the open UPnP AV 'open home' standard that my Linn uses (together with Lumin and Auralic and possibly some others by the way). The 'open home' standard allows using more software and is not demanding a continuous connecting of the control point (i.e. iPad) to the renderer and also allows more access points to connect at the same time.

I will PM you a contact from AudioNET.

More than 1 year after my purchase I still say: what a pre-amp! I don't see any alternative. The closest is the KDSM but it has no DSP.
    Hans

B&W 802 Diamond, Audionet AMP (2x), Audionet DNP pre-amp & DAC, Sonore SonicOrbiter with MCRU linear PSU, Pro-Ject RPM 9 with Speedbox S and Orthofon MC Vivo Blue, Neumann KH-120A(kitchen).
    RoonServer on QNAP TVS-471

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glareskin View Post
    I totally forgot about this thread Sorry for answering more than one year after your question.

Yes DNP stands for Digital Network Preamp. It is excellent in all aspects. However I have to admit that I use it as a formidabel analogue pre-amp and the DSP. And the TV /Blu-Ray and Apple TV are connected through the optical section. Also the DAC is really top level.

The streaming department is great to, but I am too much addicted to the open UPnP AV 'open home' standard that my Linn uses (together with Lumin and Auralic and possibly some others by the way). The 'open home' standard allows using more software and is not demanding a continuous connecting of the control point (i.e. iPad) to the renderer and also allows more access points to connect at the same time.

I will PM you a contact from AudioNET.

More than 1 year after my purchase I still say: what a pre-amp! I don't see any alternative. The closest is the KDSM but it has no DSP.
    It's one of the best preamps I've got to hear. I don't do much digital or I would have gotten one when I got my AMPs. I'm saving for the G2. Love the Kubala cables your using too.
    Air Tight Supreme, Avid Sequel SP, SME V, AudioNet, YG Acoustics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom_hankins View Post
    It's one of the best preamps I've got to hear. I don't do much digital or I would have gotten one when I got my AMPs. I'm saving for the G2. Love the Kubala cables your using too.
    I don't know if you understand German, but according to this review the DNP is the better pre-amp compared to the G2. This guy says he will not claim it is the best ever but the best pre-amp he ever heard.

The cables are not mine. I've build mine in a cabinet with the cables behind the removable back panel. I use ViaBlue cables. Excellent in comparison to other cables I've tried.

Hans

B&W 802 Diamond, Audionet AMP (2x), Audionet DNP pre-amp & DAC, Sonore SonicOrbiter with MCRU linear PSU, Pro-Ject RPM 9 with Speedbox S and Orthofon MC Vivo Blue, Neumann KH-120A(kitchen).
    RoonServer on QNAP TVS-471

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised. When spinning vinyl with AudioNet phonostage I thought the G2 was better. I could live with either, but have no need for the DAC, or steaming on the DNP.
    Air Tight Supreme, Avid Sequel SP, SME V, AudioNet, YG Acoustics

Post Thanks / Like

Guys,

Just a quick heads-up as we got one of those beauties in trade... It's very rare for that to happen, so please contact me if you're interested (alex@almaaudio.com).

Thanks!

alex
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - La Jolla, CA
    [ ADL/Furutech - Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Resaerch - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Avantgarde - Bergmann - Burmester - D'Agostino - darTZeel - DEQX - ELAC - ENIGMAcoustics - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi Audio - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Thorens - Wharfedale - YG Acoustics ]
    http://almaaudio.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2