CH Precision M1 update to M1.1
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CH Precision M1 update to M1.1

For anyone in the US that owns a CH M1 power amp this is a total no brainier.
    CH has made it so easy and so affordable that is a true example of amazing customer service.
    They send a qualified professional to your home to do the update. The cost is only the difference between the old price of 51k to the new price of 54k or 3000 for those without a calculator.
    That cost includes everything .
    Stirling Trayle is the person who has been entrusted with this process and he is perfect. I have known him for many years and he is on time, on point, professional and an expert is system set up as well.
    The who;e process takes about 2 hours and the end result was amazing.
    Clients words paraphrased were this is not an update its like I bought a whole new amplifier. Its faster, more dynamic and better in every way.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CH Precision M1 update to M1.1

Quote Originally Posted by BendingWave View Post
    For anyone in the US that owns a CH M1 power amp this is a total no brainier.
    CH has made it so easy and so affordable that is a true example of amazing customer service.
    They send a qualified professional to your home to do the update. The cost is only the difference between the old price of 51k to the new price of 54k or 3000 for those without a calculator.
    That cost includes everything .
    Stirling Trayle is the person who has been entrusted with this process and he is perfect. I have known him for many years and he is on time, on point, professional and an expert is system set up as well.
    The who;e process takes about 2 hours and the end result was amazing.
    Clients words paraphrased were this is not an update its like I bought a whole new amplifier. Its faster, more dynamic and better in every way.
    Sterling is very good at all things HIFi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning and Filters: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX Wall Plate/105D
    Cables, Isolation, Reflection and Absorbtion: Nordost Reference Power, Interconnect and Speaker on Pre and Monos, Ansuz C2 Power and Interconnect on DAC and Transport, HRS M3X Platforms, HRS Damping Plates, Stillpoint’s Ultra 6, Ultra SS Isolation, and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source: Aurender N10, PS Audio Direct Stream and Memory Player

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Sterling is very good at all things HIFi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I just had my M1 upgraded to a M1.1 by Sterling and Elliot is referring to me as that person. Yes Sterling was great. He treats your equipment as you would want it treated. He did a great job and we did some listening afterwards and won't put words into his mouth, but he was very impressed with what he heard in my room.

As to the upgrade, this really is a no brainer. I don't even have more than 20 hours on the new caps that were replaced and the difference is awesome. This is NOT a small upgrade, this is a totally different amp. I will report all the subtleties in followup posts, but transients are better than the best I had already heard and low end punch is to die for. Spatial cues are really extraordinary. Anyone who thinks the CH sounds a little "dry" needs to hear the 1.1. This upgrade takes one of the greatest amps ever built to a new level.

Will followup, but will be out of action for at least a week as I get my hip replaced.
    Speakers: Gobel Epoque Aeon Fine
    DAC: MSB Select II with Femto33 Renderer V2 and USB V2
    Amplifier: CH Precision M1 Amplifier
    Interconnects and Speaker Cables: Gobel Lacorde Statement XLR Interconnects, Speaker Cables, Power Cords and Ethernet Cable
    Walker Audio Amplifier Stand
    Roon/NAS on isolated network
    Poltrona Frau Willy Chair
    Art Novion Komodo W Absorbers on Front Wall
    ASC Tube Traps in corners

TBD: Rack for MSB Select II

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the amp upgrade and best of luck with your hip surgery.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2

Post Thanks / Like

Did u change any settings on the M1 after the upgrade?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak for Priaptor however I did advise him today to try a lower global feedback setting than he was previously using. I think he can comment when he gets the chance. I am using lower settings than the ones originally suggested and tried on the M1. I went from 20 to 10 on my speakers

Post Thanks / Like

May I ask what the steps are for an M1 owner to begin the process?
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Its simple Jeff why dont you give me a call and I can explain the process.
    954-579-7463

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jfboynton View Post
    May I ask what the steps are for an M1 owner to begin the process?
    Hi John,

As one of the first to get it upgraded, I can tell you it is well worth it. Those who have purchased an M1 since July I guess got the benefit of the red caps while the rest of us were unaware of this significant upgrade. It is great when companies like CH provide an upgrade path rather than what so many others do, rendering your super expensive piece of equipment worthless with a new replacement model. Trust me, when you hear the difference, it is truly like getting a new model. The other thing is that Sterling comes to your home to do it. AMAZING.

How many manufacturers provide these types of upgrades?? Few to none. My only other similar experience is with MSB. I had their V and was offered like all others an upgrade path at very reasonable relative price to their Select II. Again, amazing in this day and age of obsolescence to churn the OCD among us.

While we can't say this audiophile stuff is an "investment" when companies like CH and MSB make these kinds of upgrades available to their endusers, they essentially lock me in. I truly can't stand the churning of so many other companies.
    Speakers: Gobel Epoque Aeon Fine
    DAC: MSB Select II with Femto33 Renderer V2 and USB V2
    Amplifier: CH Precision M1 Amplifier
    Interconnects and Speaker Cables: Gobel Lacorde Statement XLR Interconnects, Speaker Cables, Power Cords and Ethernet Cable
    Walker Audio Amplifier Stand
    Roon/NAS on isolated network
    Poltrona Frau Willy Chair
    Art Novion Komodo W Absorbers on Front Wall
    ASC Tube Traps in corners

TBD: Rack for MSB Select II

Post Thanks / Like

A friend just had his M1 upgraded. He is raving about the process to upgrade and the results. And, given the cost, a no brainer.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast