Considering Integrated amps? - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Considering Integrated amps?

I would not mind another Pass amp. I love the Pass sound but I am open minded and hope I can hear many of these amps. The Sigma VAC 170 has my interested peaked but I would have to get a great deal on a used one since my budget is will be $8K. Just bought a new car and we just started a full remodel of the master bath that my wife has been waiting for, for quite a long time.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Other systems- Parasound A21 amp,Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid tube DAC and Preamp, Magnepan MMG's, Monitor Audio S1's, PSB B6's, Def Tech Pro Monitor 1000's, Velodyne sub, Adcom GFR-700 AVR, Music Hall 25.2 modified CDP, Cables by Cardas Parsec, AQ Columbia DBS 72v, Wire World.

2. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jadis I88 . 90 watts in pure class A !
    It drives my Sonus Faber Amati Aniversario...

4. Likes Mechnutt, Mr Peabody liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini.

6. Likes geodiak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You may want to take a look at the McIntosh MA252 hybrid integrated. I only play digital but is does have a phono input as well. I have had one for about 6 weeks and it pairs nicely with my Reference 3a Reflectors. Very good value proposition in my book.

8. Likes joeinid, Mechnutt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JGlacken View Post
    You may want to take a look at the McIntosh MA252 hybrid integrated. I only play digital but is does have a phono input as well. I have had one for about 6 weeks and it pairs nicely with my Reference 3a Reflectors. Very good value proposition in my book.
    It looks like a nice unit but I am wanting something in the $8K range. I have a year to hear a lot of gear and decide. Maybe my budget will be higher by then.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Other systems- Parasound A21 amp,Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid tube DAC and Preamp, Magnepan MMG's, Monitor Audio S1's, PSB B6's, Def Tech Pro Monitor 1000's, Velodyne sub, Adcom GFR-700 AVR, Music Hall 25.2 modified CDP, Cables by Cardas Parsec, AQ Columbia DBS 72v, Wire World.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a beautiful Burmester 051 integrated for sale right now.
    BTW, I am sure you know that the cost does not always make a better sound system.
    Last edited by JGlacken; November 9, 2018 at 11:05 PM. Reason: added line
    Jeff

Main System-Bricasti M1SE networked-SGC I7 with Roon-Siltech 770i balanced-Mcintosh MA252-Silnote SC - Reference 3A Reflector Speakers-JL F112 v2 sub-Synology NAS
    PC=Purist Audio Designs Aquila for Aurender, Audioart for rest of system
    Second System: URC streamer-Wadia 151 Power Dac, MIT Speaker Cables, Wilson Audio Watts and REL sub.
    Third System: Denon AVR, URC Controller and network streamer, Netstreams Musica multi room-True Audio ceiling speakers

11. Likes Mechnutt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Larry

As you are a BAT fan have you looked at their hybrid integrated? In fact there is a used one in Wisconsin now for a good price.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Nuprime CDT-8, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's and SC, Triode Wire Labs PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Larry

As you are a BAT fan have you looked at their hybrid integrated? In fact there is a used one in Wisconsin now for a good price.
    Jack, when I am ready to buy, I will surely consider the BAT.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry, 1 more point.

I forgot that I posted this back in April. Worth monitoring.

I am on a couple days off and finally took the chance to swing by Goldmund's "new" HQ (its now 2 years old).

While there I chatted for 15 mins with my usual contacts. Tore is in charge of the Integrated and I posed him your questions.Note I have never heard old or new Integrated and could not even get a loaner as they are flying off the shelves. (I also did a bit of lobbying for the 250 monoblocs and while they did not commit, in 2019 they are thinking of new products to refresh the JOB line. Perhaps a dual mono Integrated with Job 250 type power in a big chassis? Who knows?

Anyway, cutting to the chase, the main updates to the new Integrated are the straight analog pass thru design (purist approach, so Analog domain improved), no more conversion to digital as an intermediary. Indeed the whole redesign of the Integrated is to updated USB/DSD handing which is now 256x capable and many of the other changes are as a result of that. Overall easier to handle with possibly slightly better SQ.
    NORMAN
    M-Mini/ i7PC/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG Dac> Rowen Swiss Power NAD c375BEE /vintage McIntosh 2225/Lampi Silk power cond.+ Phase flipper> Energy 8" sub> Heil AMT KITHARA bi-wire. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. Unpowered USB cable, Uptone Regen. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

15. Thanks Mechnutt thanked for this post
    Likes Nikhil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    While there I chatted for 15 mins with my usual contacts. Tore is in charge of the Integrated and I posed him your questions.Note I have never heard old or new Integrated and could not even get a loaner as they are flying off the shelves. (I also did a bit of lobbying for the 250 monoblocs and while they did not commit, in 2019 they are thinking of new products to refresh the JOB line. Perhaps a dual mono Integrated with Job 250 type power in a big chassis? Who knows?
    Thanks for the info Norman! A 200W Integrated was my suggestion when they had asked for feedback on their Facebook page (for their new product development). Great to see that they are considering going with it!
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Win10 Transport + Fidelizer 8 + JRMC 24 & HQPlayer | TotalDAC D1 USB Filter | Job INT | Duelund DCA 16GA | Green Mountain Audio Eos HX

17. Likes wisnon liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4