My Avantgarde Duo XD - simply incredible.... - Page 12
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 132
  1. #111
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    15,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Avantgarde Duo XD - simply incredible....

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    When are you getting them?
    As soon as my third mortgage comes through.
    Joe

    Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini.

  2. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Avantgarde Duo XD - simply incredible....

    Hi Joe,

    Happy to see you are getting such enjoyment out of your new speakers. I haven’t seen you gush over an audio component this much since.....well, never!

    Enjoy,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2

  3. #113
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    15,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Avantgarde Duo XD - simply incredible....

    Thank you Ken.

    These really are a game changer for me. So enveloping and they give me that "you are there" feeling. Sweet SET, for me, is EXACTLY what I am looking for in sound. These are so efficient and effortless that it's addicting.

    Sitting there and/or reclining in the dark with a favorite artist is almost a religious experience now. I just wish my room was a little bigger but I can tweak what I have for an even better experience. I just love it.
    Joe

    Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini.

  4. Likes Alpinist liked this post
  5. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Avantgarde Duo XD - simply incredible....

    I went by Mikes the other day and did some serious listening to his Avantgarde Duos. Wow they are nice! And him being the consummate salesman he even let me play with bell samples and let me pick out my favorite combination: light amber bronze. And pointed out that the Uno Finos would work in my small listening space on the outside chance I might want a pair.
    What a great guy huh! The Duos are spectacular sounding and the staging was as good as I have heard. Well in my young days I was somewhat of a horn dog.............humm
    Larry


    Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Gryphon Diablo 300
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

    Fostex Th900 headphones

  6. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid, Marslo, Toomey liked this post
  7. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toronto,Ontario
    Posts
    4,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Avantgarde Duo XD - simply incredible....

    Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Thank you Ken.

    These really are a game changer for me. So enveloping and they give me that "you are there" feeling. Sweet SET, for me, is EXACTLY what I am looking for in sound. These are so efficient and effortless that it's addicting.

    Sitting there and/or reclining in the dark with a favorite artist is almost a religious experience now. I just wish my room was a little bigger but I can tweak what I have for an even better experience. I just love it.
    Hmmmm this AG makes your really Horny Eh !
    Paul

  8. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toronto,Ontario
    Posts
    4,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Avantgarde Duo XD - simply incredible....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    I went by Mikes the other day and did some serious listening to his Avantgarde Duos. Wow they are nice! And him being the consummate salesman he even let me play with bell samples and let me pick out my favorite combination: light amber bronze. And pointed out that the Uno Finos would work in my small listening space on the outside chance I might want a pair.
    What a great guy huh! The Duos are spectacular sounding and the staging was as good as I have heard. Well in my young days I was somewhat of a horn dog.............humm
    Congrats Larry on Uno Fino !
    Paul

  9. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Avantgarde Duo XD - simply incredible....

    Lol........not yet......staying clear on the other side of the Sunshine Skyway bridge..........must resist!
    Larry


    Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Gryphon Diablo 300
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

    Fostex Th900 headphones

  10. Likes Paul liked this post
  11. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    2,205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Avantgarde Duo XD - simply incredible....

    You would also need to swap out the Diablo 300 for the new Viva integrated. You know you want to.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Nuprime CDT-8, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's and SC, Triode Wire Labs PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

    Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

  12. #119
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    22,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Avantgarde Duo XD - simply incredible....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    Lol........not yet......staying clear on the other side of the Sunshine Skyway bridge..........must resist!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  13. Likes Dguitarnut, jadedavid, Marslo liked this post
  14. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toronto,Ontario
    Posts
    4,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Avantgarde Duo XD - simply incredible....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You would also need to swap out the Diablo 300 for the new Viva integrated. You know you want to.
    Jack is da man ! Haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

 

 
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast