Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Blackvue DR900s-2CH dash cam installed

My Blackvue DR900S-2CH dash cam
    and the Blackvue Power Magic Pro arrived today. The estimate of one hour to install the front and rear cameras I stated in the original Blackvue post was not even close. It took me 3 hours to complete the installation of the Power Magic Pro, mount the two cameras, install the cables in a manner where no wires show, perform the initial setup, and take a short test drive to ensure all was working properly. Getting the cables routed and hidden was the most time consuming part of the installation but a clean job is important to me. I am completely satisfied with the finished results.

The Power Magic Pro is a small voltage sensing and digital timer that controls how power is applied to the Blackvue cameras when the vehicle is parked and Parking Mode is engaged. It allows the cameras to be powered from the vehicle's battery until a voltage set-point triggers the cameras to be turned off. It can also be set to shut the cameras off in Parking Mode after a set period of hours. I only use the voltage sensing feature. I have it set to shut off the cameras when the battery voltage drops to 12 volts. There is a switch on the Power Magic Pro that allows Parking Mode to be turned On or Off. When set to Off the dash cams turn on and off with the ignition. When set to On the dash cams go into Parking Mode when the vehicle's ignition is turned off so that the cameras capture and record motion and/or impact. I will only use the Parking Mode when I am parked in store parking lots or parallel parked on the side of a street. That isn't very often. Most of the time the Tahoe is in the garage.

The 4K front camera and the 1080P rear camera captures excellent video. Video playback is done via a WiFi connection between the Blackvue camera and the Blackvue app for both Android and iOS smartphones, as well as with viewer software for Windows and Apple computers. My Samsung Galaxy S7 had no problem connecting to the camera's WiFi. With the phone I am able to adjust all camera settings, update firmware, and view all video files for both the front and rear cameras. I can also watch real time video from either camera through the WiFi connection on my phone. If the camera is within range of a WiFi Hot Spot, or you have a mobile WiFi Hot Spot in the vehicle, the password protected cameras can be viewed via the Internet once a Cloud account is set up. Video files can be automatically uploaded to your Cloud account. The Blackvue DR900S-2CH is a well designed dash cam system with an excellent software package that makes using and viewing video a snap. I've only recorded an hour or so of dash cam video so I will need more experience with the system and software before I can offer any more information. So far, though, I am impressed with the 4K Blackvue DR900S-2CH2 dash cam.

Front Camera:

Rear Camera:

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Re: Blackvue DR900s-2CH dash cam installed

Looking good so far Dan. Lots of details thanks to 4K. Get me that daytime tag and night time tag shot when you can..
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Been interested in this dash cam for a while. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Looking good so far Dan. Lots of details thanks to 4K. Get me that daytime tag and night time tag shot when you can..
    Chris.......We took the 85 mile drive to Cedar Key today for the Cedar Key Seafood Festival. Marlene loves to walk around and look at all the seller's booths. I love the seafood.

I was able to capture some daytime license plate photos with the Blackvue DR900S-2CH dash cam for you to see. I was also testing a polarizing filter to reduce the reflected dashboard glare on the windshield but after viewing to video files on my computer I think I will probably only use that filter sparingly. It tends to make the shadows a bit too dark. I'll tolerate the glare on the windshield to capture the additional detail in the shadows. At any rate, here are a couple photos showing the vehicles at the normal camera view, then zoomed in with my video viewer software on my computer.

Normal camera view

Zoomed view of license plate

Normal Camera View

Zoom view of license plate

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Hey thanks Dan that is what I was wanting to see.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Hey thanks Dan that is what I was wanting to see.
    Chris.......The resolution of the original 4K files allows you to zoom in without loosing too much detail. The images would have been even brighter had I not been testing the polarizing filter. I removed it from the front camera this morning. Although I don't drive at night much these days, if and when I manage to capture some night footage of license plates I will post them for you to see.
    Dan

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Blackvue DR900s-2CH dash cam installed