Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Toronto AudioFest 2018

Hi Folks,

Setting up tomorrow for the Toronto AudioFest - will post pics and comments as we go.

james

Re: Toronto AudioFest 2018

Preliminary setup.

james

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joeinid; October 19, 2018 at 06:33 PM.

Hi M.Tanner,
    Have you put 2 model T on top of 2 model T??
    Modwright KWH 225i + PH 9.0 - Rega P8 + Ania Pro - Audiolab 9000CDT - Elac AF-61/Gaia II - Luna Cable Mauve

Hi Pierre

Yes I am calling it the T-Rex !

The top section is custom as it has a special pad on the bottom and a special connection arrangement on the back.

Sort of a super D’Appolito array.

james

Looking forward to the show. Looks like an impressive set up.
    Dan Santoni

Authorized service for (in no particular order) - Copland, Cary, Unison Research, Allnic, Modwright, Ayon, Hegel, Belles, Aesthetix, Coincident, Zesto and a whole bunch more

Custom Manufacturer of Blackdog HiFi.

www.dtsaudioelectronics.com
    www.blackdoghifi.com

Audioshark

Audio by Mark Jones room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    Looking forward to the show. Looks like an impressive set up.
    Hi Dan. Are you going there on Sunday ? I would love to meet you in person. Please let me know.
    Paul

Hi Folks,

Final set-up.

Last edited by joeinid; October 19, 2018 at 06:32 PM.

Last edited by joeinid; October 19, 2018 at 06:32 PM.

Hi Paul,
    No, I'm going Saturday. My only free day of the week
    Sorry for the sidetrack James.
    Dan Santoni

Authorized service for (in no particular order) - Copland, Cary, Unison Research, Allnic, Modwright, Ayon, Hegel, Belles, Aesthetix, Coincident, Zesto and a whole bunch more

www.blackdoghifi.com

Hi Dan

No problem sir - please say hi to me at the show.

james

All I saw attending the show was middle aged men, just like me!

Some of the mega systems were poorly setup, and muddy or boomy.

I was surprised at how damn good the big Bryston sounded though.

Tommyboy

IMG_8396.JPG

Hi Folks,

Introducing Wireless powered versions of the Bryston A1, A2 and Mini A speakers.

james

Great sound James. Sorry I couldn't stop and say hello, too many people in your room. Yours was a very popular room by the looks of it. Well deserved too.
    Dan Santoni

www.blackdoghifi.com

James

Great setup of your active T Rex model T’s at the Toronto Audio Show this weekend.

I look forward to listening to the tower arrangement of the Middle T-REX soon.

I noted that there were 4 different companies demonstrating active speakers at the show. It is definitely the future.

Please let me know when the 24B is available to purchase.

Best regards
    Drew

Toronto AudioFest 2018

The Bryston setup sounded great.

I wish i had more time to spend here.

The sound was so smooth and effortless with an expansive soundstage.

alinto

logo.JPG

Stacked.jpg

“Always a favourite of mine. Bryston Speakers.

This is basically 2 active model Ts stacked, although the top half is a little different from the bottom.

They sound amazing.

Bantu

Greg Chan

Attended the show in Toronto, sound was awesome.

Although not played very loud, those were active speakers.

Each driver is powered by an independent amplifier channel-tweeter,midrange & woofer.

Kevin Croxall

Heard this system at the Toronto Audiofest this weekend past, excellent sounding room that Bryston had.

Good to see and meet the people I have only heard about in the media from Bryston.

Like Harold said in this string "Some day" I will own Bryston speakers and amplifiers.

Hi Folks,

Please see the attached review from NOVO Magazine regarding our demo at the Toronto AudioFest.

It nice to see they point out one of the most misunderstood aspects regarding loudspeakers.

"You might think that the imaging would be compromised by speakers with so many drivers but you’d be completely wrong.

The T-REX speakers painted a vast soundstage with excellent three dimensionality."

NOVO 2018 1.JPG

NOVO 2018 2.JPG

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
    SUBJECT: Toronto AudioFest 2018 – Bryston Video Demo – T-REX

October 2018

Hi Folks

My thanks to Joseph (whomever you are) for this great video of the Bryston Demo at the 2018 Toronto AudioFest (see link below).

LINK:

https://www.facebook.com/KangaOfTheE...55428510/?t=41

“Pretty awesome system and full sound!

Impressive. :-)”

Joseph Greenham

Positive feedback magazine

PF.JPG

SUBJECT: Toronto AudioFest 2018 – Bryston 6 Moons – T-REX

October 2018

LOGO.JPG

Bryston held court in a large room,curiously accessible through a dining area. Mr. Tanner had an interesting trick up his sleeve with a 9-foot tall line source array comprised of 2 model T stacked head to head.

6Moons.jpg

At its pricepoint, it behaved flagship and delivered the sonic benefits with a vengeance with detail, warmth, scale and soundstaging to rival the price-no-object competition.

Glen Wagenhnecht
    6 Moons Magazine

SUBJECT: Toronto AudioFest 2018 – Bryston Demo

October 2018

James and Brian

We received this from a visitor to the show … read until the end!

Sarah Tremblay
    Toronto Audiofest

6Moons.jpg

“Hello Sarah, Michel, and Ben,

I attended the Toronto Audiofest Friday Oct 19 and Saturday Oct 20. I wish to congratulate you on a supremely well organized event.

Downloading the show program I was able to plan at home my two show days before traveling to Toronto.

On arriving the signage was excellent. Everything was well laid out and easy to find. I have attended many audio shows and this event is now the reference for excellence. Everyone was having a good time, the enthusiasts and the exhibitors, which is not always the case. There were so many good exhibitors I did not have time to take advantage of the hosted seminars.
    It was not lack of interest it was lack of time.

The event facility you chose fit the bill perfectly. Good luck with future endeavours,

Thanks for this one,
    Terry Kearsley

P.S.
    The demonstration of the current state of reproduced sound technology in the Bryston demo room was the show stopper.”

It seems more than a few people noticed that the Bryston demo sounded rather good. I thought so too! In the decades I've been involved with audio, there was always the desire to share what I've learned so that others could get more enjoyment from listening to music in their homes. It's been satisfying on each occasion to see all the smiles when everything was set up and turned on for the first time.

These days, all my advice is condensed into a single phrase; trust Bryston. And of course then I have to explain that I don't work for them and I haven't drunk any sort of Kool Aid and yes, it's unexpected that an electronics company would make remarkably good speakers, but here we are.

I would normally run away from a system with so many drivers instead of contemplating how to perhaps one day own them and that's a tribute to the quality of engineering that captured the virtues of such a design while effectively mitigating the pitfalls. Maybe the nicest part is that I wasn't even surprised by how lifelike the T-Rex sounds because the Bryston folks have pulled so many metaphorical rabbits out of proverbial hats over the years. Good job, guys.

Jozsef

SUBJECT: Toronto AudioFest 2018 – Bryston Demo- Andrew

October 2018

Hi James

I attended the 2018 Toronto AudioFest Show this past weekend and just wanted to report that the Bryston T-Rex setup truly moved me emotionally, and totally drew me in to the performance.

More so than any other room at the show.

What struck me about the system was that the soundstage was massive, yet there was a character to the delivery that made the music sound effortless and relaxed. Transients and dynamics were there.

Perhaps more so than with my current Mcintosh system. The Mcintosh electronics deliver all of the emotion, but perhaps a bit too politely and too refined sometimes. I kind of want a bit more of that grittyness and dynamic punch, yet without sacrificing nuance and detail.

I know you can't have it all...but at the end of the day the Bryston T-Rex speaker was highly memorable, both visually striking and the ability to reproduce music that kept pulling me in.

Andrew

SUBJECT: Toronto AudioFest 2018 – Bryston Demo

LOGO.JPG

Toronto Audiofest 2018 Simplifi'd
    Written by Gordon Brockhouse

Highlights

Bryston had a wild demo system in its room. For each channel, there were two Model T Active speakers, stacked vertically in line-source configuration.

Simple Hi-Fi - Gordon.jpg

The rest of the all-Bryston system consisted of a BAX-1 active digital crossover, a BDP-3 digital player, a BDP-3 DAC, a BP26 preamp, and a pair of 21B3 three-channel power amplifiers.

Not surprisingly, this system had astounding dynamics. A big honking saxophone note in Zoot Sims’s rendition of Johnny Mandel’s “Emily” -- it sounded as if the mike was right in the bell of his horn -- almost blew me out of my chair – Superb!

Of greater relevance to Simplifi readers was a silent display of Bryston’s Wireless series of powered speakers.

These are based on Bryston’s Mini A three-way passive shelf-mount, and the Model A1 and A2 floorstanders.

The Mini A has a single 6.5” woofer, a 3” midrange, and a 1” tweeter. The Model A1 has three 6.5” woofers, two 5.25” midrange drivers, and two 1” tweeters. The smaller Model A2 has dual 6.5” woofers.

Wireless-series models have the same internal crossovers as their passive counterparts, and one amplifier in each speaker.

All three models ship with a Wireless four-in-one transmitter that permits streaming over Wi-Fi via Apple AirPlay or UPnP. On the rear of the transmitter are a line-level analog input, digital optical in, four USB ports for connecting external storage devices, and an Ethernet port. It also incorporates a Raspberry Pi Linux-based computer, which makes possible network playback from NAS drives and supported streaming services, under control of a Web-based interface that can run on iOS and Android devices.

Shipments of the Wireless models have just begun.

Gordon Brockhouse,
    Simplifi Soundstage

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Toronto AudioFest 2018