Settings for E03 phonostage
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Settings for E03 phonostage

Correct settings for my Esoteric E03 phonostage using a Palmer 2.5 with PU7 arm and Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum MC Cartridge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Settings for E03 phonostage

Quote Originally Posted by PerdidoAl View Post
    Correct settings for my Esoteric E03 phonostage using a Palmer 2.5 with PU7 arm and Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum MC Cartridge
    I have no first hand experience with this combination of gear, but looking over the specs you should be using the Esoteric's Input 1 (MC/66dB gain) with the load impedance set as close to 30 ohms (recommended load for the RSP) as possible. You can then experiment with higher or lower loading impedances to tailor the sound to your liking and best overall system matching. Hope this helps and please let us know how it turns out!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Settings for E03 phonostage

I have owned the E03. setting it at 10 or 50ohms will imo strangle the life out of the Koetsu.

Try 100 or 300 ohms and stick with what sounds best.

very easy to try all the settings with the Esoteric, after the cartridge has played around 50 hours of break in.

cheers
    Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas SL Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik phono, Accuphase C-37
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum Stereo
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

4. Thanks audio.bill thanked for this post