Qobus or Tidal which do you recomend - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Qobus or Tidal which do you recomend

Quote Originally Posted by CommandPerformanceAV View Post
    What I found is that Qobuz seems to have a much larger hi resolution catalog (like 2 million tracks) vs Tidal (last account I saw was 100K and growing). And they are standard PCM, not MQA. Based on listening to MQA tracks vs Qobuz hi-res, the latter sounded better to me (better clarity / soundstage / smoothness).

For Classical music in particular, if you type say "Scarlatti" - all there Scarlatti album will pop up. For some reason this doesn't work on Tidal. On the other hand Tidal has a lot more genre classifications and The "curated content" / playlists seemed a bit better on Tidal vs Qobuz.

Pricing should be same or lower vs Tidal for annual subscriptions. But Tidal has various discount subscription schemes (family / education / military) that brings the price way down. I can't imagine Qobuz won't respond when they launch in the US.

The Qobuz hi-res service will be marginally more vs Tidal Hi-Fi level if bought on an annual subscription cost basis.

So anyway : as of now I'd give the edge somewhat to Qobuz. But we'll have to see how things shake out when the actual US launch happens.
    Tidal:
    Premium euro 9.99
    Hifi euro 19.99

Qubos
    Premium euro 9.99month 99.99year
    HiFi 19.99month 199.99 year
    Studio 24.99month 249.99year
    Sublime+ 299.99year
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Streamer: Auralic Aries LE DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 RCA Interlink: Ansuz X, XLR Interlink: Purist Audio Design - Venustas Digital Interlinks Anzus Digitals A USB Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, and two X series Audio Rack: Solid Steel H6

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Qobus or Tidal which do you recomend

Yeah, you always have to drill down with Tidal. You just never know which bit to use. I don't know how many times I finally found an album on the search of a fourth or fifth piece of info, whereas if there was adequately thorough metadata any combo of two of those data points should have resulted in the title sought. So I guess I'm hoping Qobuz has more thorough metadata?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2