NEW PRODUCT brief mention - L10,000 OTL OCL Linestage, ZA5000 Power Cable Zu-7r RCA.
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

NEW PRODUCT brief mention - L10,000 OTL OCL Linestage, ZA5000 Power Cable Zu-7r RCA.

I wanted to post my thoughts on a challenging room and system. In this unexpected journey I have effectively replaced my entire system, other than my trusted Allnic A6000 300b monoblock amplifiers.

Daedalus Zeus are being delivered after a 2 year process next week. This will replace Ambience Reference 1600's.
    L 5000 DHT has been replced L-10000 OTL/OCL linestage
    New Waversa flagship dac
    Antipodes Reference Balanced unshielded to Allnic Zu7r RCA shielded.
    Wireworld Pure silver OCC to Allnic ZA5000. Latter is recommended for both high current AND digital applications, over the ZA3000.

I have wonderful unshielded balanced cable - Antipodes Reference that for lack of a better term picked up pollution from the surrounding environment only because I have almost a 10 meter run. The L10,000 does have balanced outputs per demand from consumers but this adds in a transformer and no longer OTL device. In place of this, KS park was willing to take on the challenge with the Zu-7r RCA, unbalanced but Mu Metal shielded cable. Unlike the Antipodes, these cables are woven in their entirety which also had their own manufacturing challenges.

Once the speakers arrive, I will have better update regarding which cables are best. That said, the Allnic RCA unbalanced can run 10 meter dead silent and with very clear presentation, without any coloration. I know of a 12 meter application that also has no issue. These cables are worth the audition.

I have not rolled any tubes as yet. 300b x4 and 12AU7 . Takatsuki TA 300b are near and dear to me but to blow one tube and replace all 4 is too expensive for me. In my A6000's I run Emission Labs 300b XLS from 2012. So my suspicion is the preamp runs current at a low amperage and the tubes will last for some time. I have been told the 12AU7's have more of an influence than the 300b at a fraction of costs.

Even with the standard tubes, there is no warm up required. What this pre-amp offers is bar none the greatest improvement to my system since this journey started in 2012. L4000 to L5000 DHT to L10,000. This upgrade tops any dac, and component upgrade. The clarity and presentation is on a level that no family member went unnoticed.

This is just a quick update and more details are forthcoming in the near future. I desire the Daedalus speakers to give Allnic the best capability to shine.

L-10000 OTL/OCL Preamplifier

The L-10000 Preamplifier is a Direct Coupled OTL/OCL Tube Preamplifier.
    OTL/OCL means “Output Transformer Less” and “Output Capacitor Less”.
    In an OTL/OCL preamplifier, there is no coupling device between the preamplifier and the power amplifier , that is, the preamplifier’s final output tubes are directly connected to the power amplifier. Normally, an Output Capacitor or Output Transformer for separating AC music signal from the DC operating potential; if this is not done, the latter will destroy the power amplifier or loud speakers.
    But these two types of coupling devices are effectively obstacles to transmission that add their own character (color), increase distortion, and consume small signals according to physical efficiency theory. In addition, they limit signal dynamics.
    Because of all these adverse effects, OTL/OCL has been considered the best solution for amplifiers in order to maintain signal purity.
    * Removing these two coupling devices from the signal path, gives the best results.
    * No coloration is added to the musical signal.
    * Extremely detailed expression, natural harmonics and subtle musical decay are achieved.
    * There is the lowest distortion possible due to the absence of coupling parts.
    * The widest musical dynamics are attained.
    * Some circuit experts might worry about DC potential in the music signal, but there is no need to worry. Allnic uses a “floating power supply circuit” which prevents the creation of any DC potential in the first place.
    *The OTL/OCL circuit is basically SEPP, “Single Ended Push Pull”, so we need a “cancellation circuit”, which adjusts the balance of signal between the upper and lower power output tubes’ input grids.

Newly developed 61 STEP CONSTANT IMPEDANCE BRIDGED TYPE ATTENUATOR, world premier, is installed inside, which contributes to L-10000’s different dimensional sound.
    Allnic uses the most sophisticated “Active Balanced Positive and Negative Feedback Circuit”, in which a 6AN8 pentode perfectly controls all the circuit’s entire operation with extremely low distortion and the greatest speed.

Specifications
    • Input Impedance: 10 kohms(RCA, XLR)
    • Frequency Range: 5 Hz to 100 kHz
    • Voltage gain: +18dB
    • THD( 1kHz, 1V RMS) : less 0.03%
    • S/N ratio: -90dB
    • Maximum Output: 20V RMS(non-clipping)
    • Output Impedance: 200 ohms
    • Power consumption: 120W (230V 50/60 Hz)
    • Tubes: 300B x 4, 6AN8 x 2, 12AU7 x 2
    • Fuse: 3A/230v, 5A/120V
    • Dimension: 430mm x 450mm x 280mm WDH
    • Weight: 22kg/net

2. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW PRODUCT brief mention - L10,000 OTL OCL Linestage, ZA5000 Power Cable Zu-7r RCA.

Can’t wait for more updates. Thank you for the information.
    Joe

Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2.