Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Axpona To Move To Fall in 2020

The first-class Renaissance Schaumburg venue that was so well received in 2018 has now been secured as our permanent home, enabling us to move our dates to the fall beginning in 2020 and to accommodate an additional day on Thursday to be used exclusively as a professional industry only "Trade and Press Day". Following the upcoming April 12-14, 2019 show, the next AXPONA will be held October 29-November 1, 2020.

Here’s the link:
    http://www.axpona.com/pressrelease_article.asp?id=1519
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Audioshark

Re: Axpona To Move To Fall in 2020

Great news for the Florida Audio Expo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I wonder how this will impact RMAF going forward?

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Also what is the typical weather in Chicago that time of year? Does anyone else see this change as a move in the wrong direction?
    Marty

Aurender N20 / SonicTransporter i7 / Roon
    MSB Premier
    Constellation Inspiration Preamp 1.0 / Mono 1.0
    Dynaudio Confidence 50 / SVS SB13 Ultra
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Quote Originally Posted by nc42acc View Post
    Also what is the typical weather in Chicago that time of year? Does anyone else see this change as a move in the wrong direction?
    Axpona has really gained momentum in April the last few years. I’m honestly surprised they are moving the dates. They seem to have a winner take all mentality.

Ken

I am not sure how this is going to work for vendors, since they will now have to pick and choose venues. You have RMAF (early Oct., Capital Audiofest (first weekend in Nov.) and New York Audiofest (small, 2nd weekend in Nov after CAF) back to back based on the timings in 2018. Someone is going to have to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Axpona has really gained momentum in April the last few years. I’m honestly surprised they are moving the dates. They seem to have a winner take all mentality.

Ken
    Yeah, that is what it seems like to me. I have never attended either Axpona of CAF but I believe CAF moved their dates to first weekend in Nov last year (not 100% sure though). Before that they use to host during the summer months July/Aug.

Yeah, I wonder how this is a good thing for the show, a couple thoughts I had were already voiced. I liked having it in Spring. Its also true Axpona was gaining momentum, they survived a venue change, and now, they want to change dates.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

seems way too close to RMAF
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

CEDIA ended last Saturday. I am not sure how important that show is for consumers but it is another show manufacturers have to consider and schedule. e.g. McIntosh introduced installer line products at CEDIA last week.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlight View Post
    Yeah, that is what it seems like to me. I have never attended either Axpona of CAF but I believe CAF moved their dates to first weekend in Nov last year (not 100% sure though). Before that they use to host during the summer months July/Aug.
    They did, and I missed it for the first time in several years. CAF is trying to enhance its profile among the audio shows. August in DC is not inviting to visitors, and we locals like to take vacations at that time. Moving it from August was a smart decision for CAF.
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI Clearaudio Innovation Wood/Kuzma 4Point/Ortofon A95> ASR Basis Exclusive HV---->

Digital: Antipodes CX (Oladra Upgrade)> Cary DMS-600 DAC/Streamer---->
    ...........Cary 306 SACD Professional Disc Player---->

===> Cary SLP-05 (Ultimate Upgrade edition)----> Clayton M-300----> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES/REL 212SX x2

[Synergistic Research/Nordost/Wireworld/Furutech/SRA/Adona/Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

An unexpected schedule change that is likely to create a lot of conversation and noise in the industry.

The formalization of the event with press and industry time makes sense. They seem to be “graduating” the show to a higher level of professionalism.

I do question the calendar change from April to October. This action creates a significant challenge for manufacturers and distributors. And, likely will lead to controversy as to which event (RMAF or AXPONA) to attend for both the industry and consumers (the current schedule allows consumers to attend both shows but not likely to be the case with this change). Who will loose? Time will tell.

Axpona has published dates for their event over the next 3 years. I went to the RMAF site to look for future show dates ,beyond this year’s event, but could not find any.

One last item, there is that other new show in the late winter (almost spring), Florida Audio Expo. Great timing!

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Hmmm! Although I'm thrilled we'll have the Florida show in Feb, I'd hate to see Axpona and RMAF start competing with one another in the autumn. I know the folks organizing the Florida Audio Expo picked a date that would be least disruptive to all the other shows (unfortunately, still a bit of a conflict with NYC CanJam). IMHO, the best way to introduce high end audio to the next generation of enthusiasts, is to have all the shows evenly spread out both geographically and seasonally throughout the year, to include as many attendees and manufacturers as possible. A rising tide (of shows) should lift all boats.
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo 205 > Conrad Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > Martin Logan Expression 13A's and two ML BF210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's & speaker cable. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

Happy Halloween!

Yes, moving Axpona to that time of year as CAF and RMAF is sure to cause drama. Just what the industry needs after the California fiasco. More drama, yaay.

Chilly, windy high in the low to mid 50's, lows in the low to mid 40's. I was up there last year visiting my brother in law.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

I sent an email to all the management teams emails listed on their web site. Maybe if enough of us send emails with our opinion they may reconsider?
    Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

It is very hard for me to be absent from work at the end of the month, so this pretty much rules out Axpona for me after 2019.
    Not sure what is being accomplished by competing with RMAF unless Axpona feels that they can eliminate that show by doing so. There is always the chance that RMAF will change dates as I think the contract with the Marriott @ Denver Tech Center expires this year.
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

You would hope the shows cooperated with one another opposed to viewing one another as a competition. In today's market it seems an advantage for manufacturers to have these shows and support them.

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    You would hope the shows cooperated with one another opposed to viewing one another as a competition. In today's market it seems an advantage for manufacturers to have these shows and support them.
    What’s funny is that we actually reached out to the other shows in advance and they didn’t give a shit or return our calls.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Mike I am assuming you are the promoter of the Florida Audio Expo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What’s funny is that we actually reached out to the other shows in advance and they didn’t give a shit or return our calls.

Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Audioshark

Mike I am assuming you are the promoter of the Florida Audio Expo?
    I’m an investor in the show and cheerleader, along with a local doctor. Bart and AJ are doing the heavy lifting.

Wow. Hard to figure people, somehow not surprising, Beta vs VHS, Dolby vs DTS, Blu-ray vs HD-DVD, etc. etc.

Maybe the organizers under estimate enthusiasts willingness to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Wow. Hard to figure people, somehow not surprising, Beta vs VHS, Dolby vs DTS, Blu-ray vs HD-DVD, etc. etc.

Maybe the organizers under estimate enthusiasts willingness to travel.
    It’s ok, we wanted to be respectful and hold at a time that would give another option to the failing CES for early year launching for two channel audio. In addition, there is no South East show and we feel our great manufacturers, distributors and dealers in the entire South Eastern US have a good story to tell. We of course, welcome everyone from all over the U.S. and the world and already have some international firms signed up. We want everyone to come. Admission is free. Rooms are less than half the cost of what other shows charge AND include the exhibitors sleeping room, so they don’t need to rent a room to show and rent a room to sleep. Our rooms are also 13 x 19 for display and it’s a modern hotel that took over a condo complex, so the rooms are nicely sized with a separate bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette in each room. The big rooms on the main floor are all taken by the big boys. We may have one left, not sure.

Bart and AJ have been working tirelessly. I still haven’t ordered the display for my room!

AXPONA switching to the fall is sad to me personally. Fall is such a busy time for me.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Axpona To Move To Fall in 2020