Greetings from exotic Oklahoma - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greetings from exotic Oklahoma

James

I bought my first Odyssey amp in 1999 as a dealers floor sample when Klaus decided to go direct sales. I had my first phone conversation of many a few weeks later and we have kept in touch for almost twenty years. During that time I have owned five different Odyssey amps including a Kismet which I still own. You have to spend many times what he charges to better them in sound quality. They flourish to my ears with a quality tube preamp in front of them. His back log of orders indicates he must be doing something right.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Nuprime CDT-8, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp/Rogue ST-100, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's and SC, Triode Wire Labs PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Klaus is quite a character, to be sure. In my early career with Audio I was quite active but must have missed him somehow - didn’t carry or rep his products, never saw him at CES. Skip forward 20 years, when looking to build a system that sounds as close to cost no object as possible when cost definitely was a consideration, Odyssey seemed a good choice.

You really have to want it though. New gear takes months, and his famous upgrade path is almost impossible to accomplish. My Khartago/Kismets are about 80% of fully upgraded; he won’t let me send them in as they would just sit on a shelf.

He reminds me of a respected Luthier making quality custom guitars. Send him a deposit, make some customization choices, receive it in 18 to 24 months. People agree to the wait because the result is worth it.

Sorry for droning on.

3. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Klaus and Odyssey products are solid and affordable. I still have a Stratos+ in my second system close to 20 years old.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System - Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA1 MKII > Couterpoint NPS-400 > Clearfield Continentals > Synergistic Cables
    Secondary
    - OPPO 93 >
    Hafler 945 Pre-Tuner > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

5. Thanks Dishman442 thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2