XMC-1, XPA-7 Gen3, pair T2, C2, 4 x E2, Airmotiv S12 Sub com
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

XMC-1, XPA-7 Gen3, pair T2, C2, 4 x E2, Airmotiv S12 Sub com

hi
    i am after buying XMC-1, XPA-7 Gen3, pair T2, C2, 4 x E2, Airmotiv S12 Sub
    is there any way of adding to this setup so i can do height atmos channels as well and dts x
    normally this is 7,2
    i want to do 11.2 with this setup thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: XMC-1, XPA-7 Gen3, pair T2, C2, 4 x E2, Airmotiv S12 Sub com

Did you call Emotiva Audio and ask them, I've heard they are very helpful on setup
    Also they have a large forum http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to consider the AVS Forum for HT questions.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/index.php
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Other systems- Parasound A21 amp,Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid tube DAC and Preamp, Magnepan MMG's, Monitor Audio S1's, PSB B6's, Def Tech Pro Monitor 1000's, Velodyne sub, Adcom GFR-700 AVR, Music Hall 25.2 modified CDP, Cables by Cardas Parsec, AQ Columbia DBS 72v, Wire World.

Post Thanks / Like

If the preamp isn't set up for 11.2 you will not get the correct decoding and panning for 11.2. You can't just add amps and channels to get 11 speakers and expect it to be 11.2. It's like adding an amp to stereo to get surround sound. You need the correct decoding.

Atmos is an exact technology where each channel has a job. My advice is do it right, or, forget it.

If not the budget, buy the correct preamp for the job and build from there. Some people do cut corners and expense by buying a receiver with preamp outputs. At least that way you'd have some amplification until being able to upgrade.
    Mark Levinson #512 & 532h, Pass Labs XP10, Hegel HD30, JBL 4367's
    Coda CSX. Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro, AcousTech PH-1P
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    If the preamp isn't set up for 11.2 you will not get the correct decoding and panning for 11.2. You can't just add amps and channels to get 11 speakers and expect it to be 11.2. It's like adding an amp to stereo to get surround sound. You need the correct decoding.

Atmos is an exact technology where each channel has a job. My advice is do it right, or, forget it.

If not the budget, buy the correct preamp for the job and build from there. Some people do cut corners and expense by buying a receiver with preamp outputs. At least that way you'd have some amplification until being able to upgrade.
    Not to mention of the XMC-1, it needs to have the capability ro provide ATMOS, not sure this unit has it, unless they did a update a while back.
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,