Second Subwoofer:
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Second Subwoofer:

I already have a REL Strata subwoofer. Since I have a chance of buying a second one, what kind of improvement would I get with two subwoofers and would it be worth it ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Second Subwoofer:

Exponential improvement, better imaging, better everything. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Amplification: Accuphase A200 (2)//C3800//C37
    Tuner: MagnumDynalab 108T/SE
    Table/Cart: ClearAudio Innovation // Lyra Kleos
    Speakers: TAD CR-1, REL S/3 SHO
    DAC/Spinner: PSAudio DirectStream DAC/ Memory Player
    Silenzio Music Server
    Verastarr Cables
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM

3. Likes Mechnutt, the professor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, two are better in every situation that I have heard them.
    While it will take some time and experimentation to get everything to blend right the effort is worth it.
    Using a second (or more) sub(s) will give you the ability to smooth out the bass nodes in your room.
    An interesting read on this can be found on the Audiokenesis website in dealing with the "swarm" subwoofers.
    You will also experience gains across the entire audio spectrum when they are dialed in.
    My System:
    A trusty old Pioneer PD-65 as a Transport, A MicroRendui, a Merrill Heirloom T.T. as sources. A Lampizator DAC to PAD Cables to a SP-14 Tubed PreAmp, Coincident Frankenstein 300B monoblocks, & or Valvet E-2, Fusion speaker cables, AudioKinesis Zephryn 46 Speakers. pair Rythmik F-12 subs, EP2050, DCCA Furutech and Kaplan Power cables, APC power conditioner, Two dedicated 20Amp power lines. DIY corner traps and Acoustic Geometry Curves for room treatment.

5. Likes Mechnutt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do it.
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI CLASSIC 3/Ortofon A95> Nordost Valhalla XLR> ASR Basis Exclusive> Wireworld Gold XLR--->

Digital: AURENDER N10> Nordost Valhalla AES/EBU> CARY 306 SACD PRO>> WW Plat XLR--->

===> Cary SLP-05>> WW Gold XLR> Bryston 28B-SST2>> WW Silver> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES

[Klaudio/Shunyata/Furutech/Blue Circle/SRA/Adona/ Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

Post Thanks / Like

IME two is much better than one.

Don't miss the opportunity!
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member - Groucho Marx

Fanless SSD Netbook/ Cambridge CD Transport/ Chromecast Audio->Mytek DAC->Gamut Amp->Monitor Audio Speakers+ REL Subwoofers=

Post Thanks / Like

I run 2 subs. The sound stage seemed to widen and you get a sense of more depth. Adding a second sub was a great addition to my system.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Other systems- Parasound A21 amp,Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid tube DAC and Preamp, Magnepan MMG's, Monitor Audio S1's, PSB B6's, Def Tech Pro Monitor 1000's, Velodyne sub, Adcom GFR-700 AVR, Music Hall 25.2 modified CDP, Cables by Cardas Parsec, AQ Columbia DBS 72v, Wire World.

9. Likes the professor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with all. I have two sealed SVS subs in my very small room (which can be closed off) and provided I can run em how I want it's great. I say how I want---because even though I live in a home rather than rent, the neighboring house is very close---right after I got my MC75 monoblocks they complained I was "vibrating" their house. I did have the SPL at 90. I find at 80-85 no complaints. They are moving soon. I hope the house sits vacant a long while. haha.
    McInotsh MC75 (2) amps
    McIntosh C2500 pre
    Luxman 505Ux integrated to drive "B" Speakers
    EAT C Sharp with Ortofon Quintet Black
    TEAC SD1000
    EPOS Elan speakers
    dual SVS sealed subs
    AKG and Sennheiser phones
    Vintage Pioneer table and Kenwood 3 head tape deck
    Realistic receiver used as tuner
    Nitty Gritty RCM
    McIntosh, AQ, and Cullen Cables
    Dragonfly Red DAC
    Roland Octacard, Yamaha multi-chan receiver, Energy Take 5.1
    Tidal

Post Thanks / Like

I recently added a second REL S3 SHO to my home theatre system, and could not believe the difference within 1 minute of listening. I moved around the second one for a couple of weeks, and found a perfect sweet spot. Highly suggested, but make sure to experiment, as the differences are substantial based on your room and sub locations.

12. Likes the professor liked this post