Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Typhon QR initial impressions.

Wednesday I received a Shunyata Typhon QR for evaluation. While I have been more than impressed and happy with my Shunyata gear, I have to admit the Typhon v1 didn’t really seem to do much when I added it a few years ago. So, while I was curious about the QR, I wasn’t $9K curious.

Then it occurred to me that maybe I could get a demo unit to evaluate, and if it did make a difference then I would buy it. So, I asked Mike, and he was able to get a unit from Shunyata, and that arrived Wednesday. At this point, the only items plugged into the Triton are the XP-22 pre, Lumin S1, and the SACD player, which I rarely turn on.

I replaced the Typhon v1 with the QR Wednesday afternoon, and took Thursday off so I could listen all night. My stereo really shines late at night after the neighborhood quiets down, and the air settles.

Around 7PM I got tired of working (worked at home Wednesday since I had to sign for the QR), opened a beer, and sat back to listen, and try to determine if it made an improvement.

Well, to be blunt, I didn’t like what I was hearing. The music was dry and analytical. It certainly was different, but not, to me, in a good way. Oh well, there isn’t an end date to this demo, so I may as well keep using it.

As the night wore on, the outside noise decreased, the air became settled, and the beer started to do its job, I realized the sound had greatly improved. No longer was it harsh and/or analytical, but encompassing and soothing.

All of a sudden the QR went from an annoyance to a benefit. WTF! LOL

Break in?

The audio was now more detailed, but not analytical. I can more easily pick out notes, instruments, singers in the mix. There is more of a 3D experience to the music. It seemed to be in harmony with the rest of the system, and the end result was making me smile and laugh.

So much for my evaluation idea. I PMed Mike and said ‘Bill me’. He responded right away. Not sure why he was up so early.

Anyway, the stereo has been on since Wednesday afternoon, and I am now again in evaluation mode. So far all is good, and I will update this thread as I acquire more subjective impressions.

As an FYI, I moved my Typhon v1 into the HT with its Triton v3. I will see later tonight if it makes a difference, but regardless of the result will contact Shunyata Monday to upgrade it to a QR.

Two thumbs up for the Typhon QR.

Now I need two more evaluation units to hear if they help the Denali on each amp.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Audioshark

Re: Typhon QR initial impressions.

Bud - great news! Everyone that’s tried it has bought it. Maybe Jock can weigh in. My other clients who are loving theirs aren’t on the forum. But I can tell you, they’re delighted!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Wednesday I received a Shunyata Typhon QR for evaluation. While I have been more than impressed and happy with my Shunyata gear, I have to admit the Typhon v1 didn’t really seem to do much when I added it a few years ago. So, while I was curious about the QR, I wasn’t $9K curious.

Then it occurred to me that maybe I could get a demo unit to evaluate, and if it did make a difference then I would buy it. So, I asked Mike, and he was able to get a unit from Shunyata, and that arrived Wednesday. At this point, the only items plugged into the Triton are the XP-22 pre, Lumin S1, and the SACD player, which I rarely turn on.

I replaced the Typhon v1 with the QR Wednesday afternoon, and took Thursday off so I could listen all night. My stereo really shines late at night after the neighborhood quiets down, and the air settles.

Around 7PM I got tired of working (worked at home Wednesday since I had to sign for the QR), opened a beer, and sat back to listen, and try to determine if it made an improvement.

Well, to be blunt, I didn’t like what I was hearing. The music was dry and analytical. It certainly was different, but not, to me, in a good way. Oh well, there isn’t an end date to this demo, so I may as well keep using it.

As the night wore on, the outside noise decreased, the air became settled, and the beer started to do its job, I realized the sound had greatly improved. No longer was it harsh and/or analytical, but encompassing and soothing.

Break in?

The audio was now more detailed, but not analytical. I can more easily pick out notes, instruments, singers in the mix. There is more of a 3D experience to the music. It seemed to be in harmony with the rest of the system, and the end result was making me smile and laugh.

So much for my evaluation idea. I PMed Mike and said ‘Bill me’. He responded right away. Not sure why he was up so early.

Anyway, the stereo has been on since Wednesday afternoon, and I am now again in evaluation mode. So far all is good, and I will update this thread as I acquire more subjective impressions.

As an FYI, I moved my Typhon v1 into the HT with its Triton v3. I will see later tonight if it makes a difference, but regardless of the result will contact Shunyata Monday to upgrade it to a QR.

Now I need two more evaluation units to hear if they help the Denali on each amp.

Thanks for your initial findings with the QR!
    I'll be really interested to read any further updates about using it. Did you switch back to the original Typhon to compare at all?

At its price I really feel that the QR needs to be in a league of its own compared to the performance of the original Typhon/Triton combo. And I'm not really sure what kind of improvements that'll even mean vs what I have, now.
    Christian

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest & Iconoclast interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D-10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

Thanks for the write up on your experience. Glad to hear you like the Shunyata.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Quote Originally Posted by Rnrmf View Post
    Thanks for your initial findings with the QR!
    I'll be really interested to read any further updates about using it. Did you switch back to the original Typhon to compare at all?

At its price I really feel that the QR needs to be in a league of its own compared to the performance of the original Typhon/Triton combo. And I'm not really sure what kind of improvements that'll even mean vs what I have, now.
    I didn't switch back to the original Typhon. That is in the HT on its Triton v3. Black Panther did seem to sound better last night with it, but I need to test more. Unfortunately, my neighbors are having an all day/night party, and the bass from it mixes with my noise.

The QR definitely stepped up the performance of the Triton, but I agree the price is high. The upgrade price for the Typhon v1 is a better deal. I probably will do that a little later for my Typhon v1.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

I did find that the QRs needed a little breakin. I know Shunyata has their pre breakin thing that they are doing and it helps A LOT!! But I did find that a couple of days they really settled in. Yes, they are expensive and should IMO be the last thing you do with your power set up because they are so expensive. But I think they are certainly worth the money if you have it to spend on your system.

Now on another subject - I needed a little more length in my power cord going into the QR so I just replaced the Sigma HC with the new Sigma NR. I wasn't expecting much of a change since every time I talked to the Shunyata folks they said yes, it was a little better but . . . . mostly the same, just one type NR instead of three Digital/HC/Analog.

Wholly shit! It really made a big difference. Who knew! Now I feel I need to change out my other Sigma's to the Sigma NRs.

Sigh.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    I did find that the QRs needed a little breakin. I know Shunyata has their pre breakin thing that they are doing and it helps A LOT!! But I did find that a couple of days they really settled in. Yes, they are expensive and should IMO be the last thing you do with your power set up because they are so expensive. But I think they are certainly worth the money if you have it to spend on your system.

Now on another subject - I needed a little more length in my power cord going into the QR so I just replaced the Sigma HC with the new Sigma NR. I wasn't expecting much of a change since every time I talked to the Shunyata folks they said yes, it was a little better but . . . . mostly the same, just one type NR instead of three Digital/HC/Analog.

Wholly shit! It really made a big difference. Who knew! Now I feel I need to change out my other Sigma's to the Sigma NRs.

Sigh.
    Same experience, here. The Sigma NR performance is not what I'd call a small difference from the Sigma HC.
    The change wasn't entirely positive for me, at first, but I've become accustomed to the more neutral sound of the Sigma NR because it doesn't sound bright, to me.
    Christian

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest & Iconoclast interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D-10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

Audioshark

Sigh.
    Great to hear Jock. I have all Sigma NR’s in my system at home. Fantastic. Big improvement over HC.

I’ve had two Typhon QR’s come into the store and they sold faster than you can blink. I’ll take that as affirmation that its good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Break in?

Thanks so much for the write up.
    By the way, did you make any experiment on the grounding (ground typhon QR to Triton v3) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gondo101 View Post
    Thanks so much for the write up.
    By the way, did you make any experiment on the grounding (ground typhon QR to Triton v3) ?
    Not yet with grounding, but I did think about it. I am still mentally debating if I should make up two more ground cables, and attach each Denali to the Triton. I might experiment over the July 4th break since I am taking Thursday and Friday off.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Thanks Bud,
    looking forward to hearing your experiment with grounding

Thanks Bud,
    looking forward to hearing your experiment with grounding
    I asked this question on another forum, and GrantS from Shunyata replied that the umbilical power cord between the QR and the Triton handles grounding the two chassis together.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Congrats Bud on your new Typhon QR! I honestly couldn't tell from your initial post if you thought the Typhon QR provided a significant improvement in sound quality or not. So, do you think it's worth the money?

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Congrats Bud on your new Typhon QR! I honestly couldn't tell from your initial post if you thought the Typhon QR provided a significant improvement in sound quality or not. So, do you think it's worth the money?

Best,
    Ken
    I didn't make my impression clear in the original post?

"As the night wore on, the outside noise decreased, the air became settled, and the beer started to do its job, I realized the sound had greatly improved. No longer was it harsh and/or analytical, but encompassing and soothing.

Break in?

So much for my evaluation idea. I PMed Mike and said ‘Bill me’. He responded right away. "

If it wasn't worth the money then I wouldn't have bought it. That is the point of an evaluation unit.

However, it is a pretty steep cost, but now I am at the latest in Shunyata products, and this is probably where I will be the rest of my life. The $3900 price to upgrade a Typhon v1 to a QR is a better price, and I
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

QR follow up.

I don’t use my stereo during the week since it is a Friday treat for me after busting my head working all week, so it has sat quiet since I turned it off last Sunday morning. So, as usual, I turned the amps on Thursday night so they would be ready Friday.

Well, now it is Saturday night, and, just like last night, I am being impressed by the performance of the QR. The music is coming from a sonic silence zone. It just appears out of no where. One song even startled me as it started. I thought something happened outside, but quickly realized it was the music. I swear I am picking up on little details I never heard before, or they just stand out more now.

Based on my audio memory, I think the system sounds better now than it did last weekend when the QR was only a few days old. It appears that even though no music was playing during the the week the little current needed by both the Pass pre and the Lumin helped burn-in the QR. Now it is really earning its keep.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Audioshark

QR follow up.

I don’t use my stereo during the week since it is a Friday treat for me after busting my head working all week, so it has sat quiet since I turned it off last Sunday morning. So, as usual, I turned the amps on Thursday night so they would be ready Friday.

Well, now it is Saturday night, and, just like last night, I am being impressed by the performance of the QR. The music is coming from a sonic silence zone. It just appears out of no where. One song even startled me as it started. I thought something happened outside, but quickly realized it was the music. I swear I am picking up on little details I never heard before, or they just stand out more now.

Based on my audio memory, I think the system sounds better now than it did last weekend when the QR was only a few days old. It appears that even though no music was playing during the the week the little current needed by both the Pass pre and the Lumin helped burn-in the QR. Now it is really earning its keep.
    Thanks for the update. Everyone who has the Typhon QR is smitten with the results.

It's really an amazing piece.

It's simply amazing in front of the Diablo 300.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

It's really an amazing piece.

It's simply amazing in front of the Diablo 300.
    With all the positive feedback on the Typhon QR. I wonder if shunyata will release a scaled down Denali version of the technology at a more accessible price point.

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    With all the positive feedback on the Typhon QR. I wonder if shunyata will release a scaled down Denali version of the technology at a more accessible price point.
    I'd definitely be interested in that!
    SOTA Cosmos TT (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel), SME V, Koetsu Rosewood Signature, Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage, Klaudio LP200 ultrasonic RCM
    Marantz SA-10 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck
    Pass Labs XP-30 (SS) & Hovland HP-100 (tube) preamps
    Edge G8+ laser-biased monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks
    Rockport Atria & Infinity IRS Beta Speakers
    Audience AU24 SX Phono cable, MIT Shotgun ICs, Shunyata Alpha v1 SCs
    Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference DualConduit DB-25 umbilical cables for Pass XP-30
    Shunyata Everest 8000 power conditioner w/Sigma v2 XC (on BBA platform), Shunyata Alpha NR v1, Delta NR v1, & Venom HC PCs. Also PS8 & 2 Venom Defenders.
    Audio Magic Ultimate SHD Bees Wax Fuse, Synergistic Research Blue & Black fuses, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses

Quote Originally Posted by Crumhorn View Post
    I'd definitely be interested in that!
    Agree. IMO the price points of power conditioning equipment are getting into the amplifier range with nothing approaching the content.

A few months in with TRITON v3 and the TYPHON QR and I'm still astounded at the difference the TYPHON QR added to an already great-sounding system.
    A friend and i were comparing notes earlier this week as he's done the same but with a different system and speaker compliment and we were both
    talking about how things have evolved after the TYPHON QR and for me, the fancy words have gone away and it just SOUNDS LIKE MUSIC!
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    Agree. IMO the price points of power conditioning equipment are getting into the amplifier range with nothing approaching the content.
    +1
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Well, it has been a few weeks since I installed the QR, so my audio memory is now useless. However, I am just sitting here, and being totally amazed at how good the stereo now sounds at 6:20 PM on Saturday. The AC is running, and I am sure my neighbors are putting a lot of noise on the power lines, yet the stereo is just stunning for being so early in the evening.

I will be sending my HT Typhon v1 in next week for the QR upgrade.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

The QR is an amazing piece of equipment. I'm glad you are enjoying yours as much as me with mine.
    Jock

---------

So, is it the inclusion of the QR/BB modules in the Typhon QR that indeed make it so special ? Over the the original model?

It is like a super capacitor power (QR/BB tech) supply but, for power conditioners?

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    So, is it the inclusion of the QR/BB modules in the Typhon QR that indeed make it so special ? Over the the original model?

It is like a super capacitor power (QR/BB tech) supply but, for power conditioners?

I am wondering the same, if QR/BB technology is similar either to capacitor bank or shunt reactor

Shunyata has many white papers on their website, my guess is that the answer to your question is in those. Not to mention all of their patents which is all public information.
    Jock

---------

Shunyata has many white papers on their website, my guess is that the answer to your question is in those. Not to mention all of their patents which is all public information.
    QR/BB is still patent pending, so I guess not much we can find details on this technology except they mentioned it as coulomb charge which can be similar to capacitor bank

QR/BB is still patent pending, so I guess not much we can find details on this technology except they mentioned it as coulomb charge which can be similar to capacitor bank
    The QRBB patent has been granted will be issued on the 24th of July.

I will post a link when it goes online.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

http://shunyata.com

Quote Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post

There you go again, using science and engineering to achieve a design goal.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Thanks Caelin, Wondering if the patent in link below is for QRBB
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US...Caelin+gabriel

sorry, was a bit too excited to know

Thanks Caelin, Wondering if the patent in link below is for QRBB
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US...Caelin+gabriel

sorry, was a bit too excited to know
    The Typhon QR is actually made using concepts from two patented technologies; the NIC and the QR/BB.

The NIC is based upon a patented ferroelectric concept.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...gabriel-caelin

The QR/BB is based upon a coulombic charge device. It has been issued and published by the USPTO.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...=PN/10,031,536
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

Woow, impressive now I have better understanding.
    Now I am just wondering how you manage to squeeze both NIC and QRBB in one “container” in my 6000s

Woow, impressive now I have better understanding.
    Now I am just wondering how you manage to squeeze both NIC and QRBB in one “container” in my 6000s
    A hybrid concentric design.
    And they are obviously quite effective even in a smaller size.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

And the best part of the Typhon QR story is how amazing music becomes after the TRITON v3 and TYPHON QR are coupled together! It just sounds like live music!
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

I have my RMA to return my Typhon v1 for the QR upgrade. This will be in the HT with a Triton v3, and I expect both better sound and video from it. While the TV is on a Cyclops v2, everything else is on the Triton.

The stereo QR stills sounds great. Just sat down to listen since last Saturday, and it is a great way to relax and end the week.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

I have my RMA to return my Typhon v1 for the QR upgrade. This will be in the HT with a Triton v3, and I expect both better sound and video from it. While the TV is on a Cyclops v2, everything else is on the Triton.

The stereo QR stills sounds great. Just sat down to listen since last Saturday, and it is a great way to relax and end the week.
    I have an audiophile friend who recently has his Typhon upgraded to TYPHON QR status; it amounted to the entire thing being rebuilt. He was expecting some improvement
    and when he called he was telling me the difference was literally night and day in how the unit performed and impacted his system. He told me the upgrade was well beyond
    any reasonable expectation or hope that he had...all the best for your new QR once it arrives!

Just received an email from Fed-Ex that it was delivered today. Now the waiting begins. Hopefully it will be sent back by next weekend.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

A hybrid concentric design.
    And they are obviously quite effective even in a smaller size.
    Brilliant! My best guess is QRBB “wrapped” by NIC ��

I read the paper, seems like the size of 1 inch, 2 (or 3) inches, and 9 inches (you know what I’m talking about) applied to Denali, Triton v3 and Typhon QR, aren’t they?

Brilliant! My best guess is QRBB “wrapped” by NIC 😊

I read the paper, seems like the size of 1 inch, 2 (or 3) inches, and 9 inches (you know what I’m talking about) applied to Denali, Triton v3 and Typhon QR, aren’t they?
    Not be cliche, but yes size matters. And bigger is better. At least it is in this case.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

Not be cliche, but yes size matters. And bigger is better. At least it is in this case.
    Thanks Caelin, from the patent document, I read that QRBB takes care of “hot” and “neutral”, how does Typhon QR treat ground? Does it go to separate NIC?

Thanks Caelin, from the patent document, I read that QRBB takes care of “hot” and “neutral”, how does Typhon QR treat ground? Does it go to separate NIC?
    The Triton is the only distributor that reduces ground noise using an NIC. However, the Typhon reduces chassis ground noise using a toroid. So, a more conventional approach there.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

The Triton is the only distributor that reduces ground noise using an NIC. However, the Typhon reduces chassis ground noise using a toroid. So, a more conventional approach there.
    Thanks Caelin, sorry for ongoing question, quite excited with your invention. Will it be a good idea to connect Typhon QR ground chasis “back” to Triton’s CGS while Typhon QR is in front of Triton?

I asked that QR to Triton ground question a while back, and Grant said the umbilical handles that task.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Thanks Bluefox,
    I was just curious, umbilical to handle grounding sounds a typical ground in the cable whic connect to outlet grounding.
    Caelin response was a completely new information (using a toroid to reduce chasis ground, I assume it is a toroidal transforner), curious if different grounding method (toroid and NIC) will be a good additive

Sure. Maybe Caelin can confirm that.

Back to a more serious issue.

I sent my Typhon v1 in for the QR upgrade, and want a black face plate since it will be in my HT. Unfortunately, they are out of black face plates, and they won't arrive until Friday, 8/10. Then my QR will ship back to me. Oh, the inhumanity! At least two weekends with only a Triton v3 in the HT. How will I survive.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Come on, it’s not issue at all compared to mine .
    Still trying hard to convince myself (and wife ) to buy just 1 Typhon QR at that price as it’s nearly impossible to get home demo in my place

Yes. I know that feeling. I was very hesitant to get the QR, and want to thank again Mike and Shunyata for letting me have an evaluation unit. At least for me, the QR greatly surpassed the v1 Typhon in the stereo.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Yes. I know that feeling. I was very hesitant to get the QR, and want to thank again Mike and Shunyata for letting me have an evaluation unit. At least for me, the QR greatly surpassed the v1 Typhon in the stereo.
    Bud,
    Read that you are using 2000t for your power amps, have you made experiment to use Typhon QR then connect to 2000t then to your monoblocks as Caelin advice in this link Typhon QR ?

Did it sound better to you?

thanks

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team