Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Outdoor audio

Outdoor audio

So I looked for a specific thread but found none. I am trying to wire a multi-zone backyard. I want to be able to control song and volume via app or WiFi as I am pretty far away for Bluetooth. It will be 8 zones in a back yard. I’ve never done this before but would like advice on rock speakers outdoor mounted speakers, multi zone amps and pretty much if this is possible without running for 8 post audio control sections throughout the yard.

Super Moderator

Re: Outdoor audio

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Check out the Sonance line of outdoor speakers. They have a wide range of products for outdoor. Their Mariner line of mounted speakers are outstanding. They also have a variety of rock speakers, "satellite" speakers (that look like landscape lights), in ground and above ground subwoofers, and amplifiers.

Depending on how sophisticated/expensive you want to go:

A Control4 system would be something to consider, especially if you wanted to do any video or home automation as well. Their controllers have local streaming from Tidal, Spotify, Pandor, XM, and a few others and can control both audio and video zones. Their multi-zone amps are very good. I have an all C4 system with 4 outdoor audio zones (with Sonance Mariners), 4 indoor audio zones, and 8 video zones and it is a very slick system, all operated via wifi through the C4 app.

You could use something like a Sonos Connect or Bluesound Node which would also stream locally via wifi and connect to any multi-zone amp. I had a Niles multi-zone amp in my old house which I thought was great. Dayton Audio makes a very affordable multi-zone amp which a friend of mine has in his wine store hooked up to several zones of JBL mounted speakers (with and SVS sub) and the sound is really quite good.

My A-V guy does all of this kind of stuff and has several branches here in KY. PM me if you want his contact info.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

Thanks rrwmd. I certainly wasn't planning on going extremely elaborate. I was hoping I could track down something more like a Dayton 12 channel amp that was wifi/ app/cloud based per zone controls. I am not finding anything like that though. I guess I hadn't put a price tag on this, but I would like to keep it around the 2k range give or take a few hundred. I might drop from an 8 zone to a 6 zone as 2 of the zones are relatively close to each other and mounted high enough should be able to cover those areas nicely, will just need to increase the volume a bit more.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Outdoor audio