Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Best Auctioneer Sound System. Please help

I am an auctioneer who sells to both inside and outside venues. I want to upgrade my sound system. I want it to be somewhat portable. Most venues with systems just are never good enough. I conduct large inside and outside sales. I need to be be clear yet loud enough for my audience. Any help or ideas would be awesome. I don't mind spending money but want a great product not just an overhyped brand.

Location. I generally put two large speakers in the front. Could you recommend a better system for inside/ outside sales?

I am looking at possibly getting a long range hailer style system. Would you recommend the best one in the industry? It would be cost effective to use just a hailer system for everything. How many speakers and where?

Who makes the best handsfree mic out there? Would prefer a wireless handsfree system.

Would you use a traditional style speaker for indoor and smaller audiences?

I was also considering a smaller system which would be portable. Something like a hailer style speaker and mic incase the venue doesn't have electric or as a backup because a failed system can lead to a sore voice.
    Thank you in advance for your help!

Super Moderator

Re: Best Auctioneer Sound System. Please help

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Definitely don't want a traditional speaker, even inside. You need the right tool for the job.

Two box type speakers on pole stands would be good for outside. I haven't done sound reinforcement in a while. We did very good with Shure and Electro Voice. Microphones with neodinium magnets are excellent. For inside smaller venues, I'd look at a powered speaker with microphone input. These typically have a handle for carrying and a option on the bottom for placing on pole stand if desired. What I mean by "box speaker" is typically a 2-way speaker with a horn and dynamic driver.

A microphone with good pickup and clean power to, or in, your speaker will save your voice Sorry, I've been away too long to recommend specific models. As I mentioned though we always used Shore of Electro-Voice when the "good stuff" was required. I remember when EV first came out with their first neodinium microphones, we nicknamed them "the voice of God" the performance was so much better than what we were used to even in a good traditional mic..

I'm not sure what to tell you on wireless mic, except don't go budget, read the reviews. In addition to wanting good pick up, you also don't want to be talking over the local radio station interference or jets flying over radioing to the tower.

I know this isn't much but I hope it might help some.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

Maybe the "https://www.gearslutz.com" forum, "a forum for audio professionals" can help you better.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Best Auctioneer Sound System. Please help