Songwriters urge congress to pass new legislation
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Songwriters urge congress to pass new legislation

Songwriters, music executives urge Congress to pass first music copyright reform in decades

https://usat.ly/2rQBbL5
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Songwriters urge congress to pass new legislation

My guess is my daughters paying $10 per month to stream whatever songs they like is unsustainable for songwriters and the music business in general.

When it is this cheap, they have zero desire to buy music.
    Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, Exclusive P3 and P10,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas SL Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik phono, Accuphase C-37, Esoteric E-03
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum Stereo
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

3. Likes Mordante liked this post
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a very tough job to be in the entertainment business. I wouldn't be able to survive.
    It was even tougher in the 40s and 50s.

I don't listen much to the radio any more, my cat ate the wire of my FM rabbit antenna.

They should charge more money for LPs and CDs to help the artist musicians/singers/songwriters.
    And they should charge more for radio tuners, for the same reason; helping the artists to feed their families, children, wives, grandchildren, great grandchildren, ...their legacies.

We should pay more for hires music streaming and downloads, we should help all the artists, the poor and the people in the entertainment business. They are the ones who make us happy.

We should donate money to the artist funds out there on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Amazon, Google, and everywhere where they are struggling hanging around.

They must have very miserable pension plans. In particular Classical musicians who play in orchestras and big bands and churches...the choral people...the choirs...the chore of our cultural society.

A new set of guitar strings is expensive today. Learning new chords demand time, practice, devotion, passion, investment.

The classics...from the Beatles, the Stones, the Doors, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, ...need to be protected and generate a sufficient income, royalties so that their families can survive, have enough food and water and air to breathe.

I agree with Smokey Robinson (nice set of teeth).

angel-ball-2012.jpg

~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" ē Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Post Thanks / Like

I saw on one site, Dated Jan 2018

"" Here's the math: Spotify pays about $0.006 to $0.0084 per stream to the holder of music rights. And the "holder" can be split among the record label, producers, artists, and songwriters. "" Wow just wow.
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on what comes out in the end I am not sure which side I stand. I agree that artists and songwriters should be paid for "streamed" content. I am not sure how long anyone should be paid for what they developed 50 years ago. Who else gets paid for work they performed (generated) 50 years ago?
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Rossini & Clock
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects, PC - Transparent Reference Powerlink MM2x
    Power: Shunyata Denali