Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Munich High End 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ashandger View Post
    No these are Mingus 20 I believe. Momento 2 is much taller and much more expensive....approx. €300K I believe. Being used with Vitus amps.
    Ok, then I did not see them.

Just saw two Vitus demos, one with these smaller ones and one with Goebels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Munich High End 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Priaptor View Post
    It is so funny. I heard it "sucked" but the Cessaro were awesome. It seems like horns have a huge following. So much of these show impressions have to do with what they are playing, where you are sitting/standing, etc.
    I’m pretty sure it did not. The gentleman I talked to has a pretty decent understanding of our hobby.

But horns are special and he has had a couple of Accapellas before, so that might play a role. Personally they’re not my cup of tea, bass and directionality can be difficult.

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    I’m pretty sure it did not. The gentleman I talked to has a pretty decent understanding of our hobby.

But horns are special and he has had a couple of Accapellas before, so that might play a role. Personally they’re not my cup of tea, bass and directionality can be difficult.

Of course I’m sure they didn’t “suck”. I was just pointing out the “drive by” opinions people give at these shows and the many variables giving rise to these kind of comments. This guy can’t stand horns YET he thought the Cessaro were great.

I was just pointing out the flippant “reviews” we get from the attendees of these shows; many also the result of personal bias.

Munich High End 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Priaptor View Post
    Of course I’m sure they didn’t “suck”. I was just pointing out the “drive by” opinions people give at these shows and the many variables giving rise to these kind of comments. This guy can’t stand horns YET he thought the Cessaro were great.

I was just pointing out the flippant “reviews” we get from the attendees of these shows; many also the result of personal bias.
    If anyone listens to some gear in an unknown constellation, in unknown acoustics, in a trade show environment, even with the broadest definition those cannot be considered reviews. But no-one has stated anything that sort either, I suppose?

This is just a bunch of Sharks enjoying the show and sharing what they are hearing, as a service to others who are doing the same in other parts of the world. Nothing more, nothing less.

I’m sure anyone of us has their bias, I definitely do. I like well defined, articulate bass, good dynamics and a details w/o harshness. Those preferences are visible in anyone’s profile through the gear selection.

If anyone listens to some gear in an unknown constellation, in unknown acoustics, in a trade show environment, even with the broadest definition those cannot be considered reviews. But no-one has stated anything that sort either, I suppose?

This is just a bunch of Sharks enjoying the show and sharing what they are hearing, as a service to others who are doing the same in other parts of the world. Nothing more, nothing less.

I’m sure anyone of us has their bias, I definitely do. I like well defined, articulate bass, good dynamics and a details w/o harshness. Those preferences are visible in anyone’s profile through the gear selection.

Totally agree

I love to hear from those at the show and see the pictures. Like a kid in a candy store.

Quote Originally Posted by aKnyght View Post
    i am really enjoying the coverage and reports from the show! ...it is a good thing i am not there as my audio slush fund has already taken quite a hit this year.

thanks to all for taking the time to post !

btw: if anyone visited the THÖRESS room (H 2 F02/G03) or the Voxative room (A 4.2 E222), i would be interested to hear any impressions or thoughts.
    I heard the Thoress room and have some familiarity with their pre. Sounded very good for a small room, and deserve credit for playing some decent music (Nick Cave). Speakers and TT were unfamiliar to me so it's hard to tell what Thoress was contributing, but overall a very enjoyable musical sound. Not overly "tubey" with decent detail, but maintaining a good emotional connection.

I heard them albeit briefly - they were using Masterpiece monos at god-knows what cost.

Sounded very good, but nothing memorable, especially from a cost / performance perspective.

Ok, then I did not see them.

Just saw two Vitus demos, one with these smaller ones and one with Goebels.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post

You need a big room and a strong floor for Divin Majestic - 226 cm high and 530kg.
    It goes down to 21 Hz.

And the price is - €449,000....

You need a big room and a strong floor for Divin Majestic - 226 cm high and 530kg.
    It goes down to 21 Hz.

And a crane

Quote Originally Posted by heihei View Post
    I heard the Thoress room and have some familiarity with their pre. Sounded very good for a small room, and deserve credit for playing some decent music (Nick Cave). Speakers and TT were unfamiliar to me so it's hard to tell what Thoress was contributing, but overall a very enjoyable musical sound. Not overly "tubey" with decent detail, but maintaining a good emotional connection.
    Reinhard said he was debuting some smaller speakers of his own. Did you see these by chance?

I heard this DMM record on the Divin's - great sound!

Very dynamic and realistic. Never heard a better piano on a Hifi. And no bass problems.

On the HifiDeluxe show in the Meriot Hotel was Acapella. The show was a bit disappointing. No room had good sound; Audio note, Jadis or Kii Audio (that was terrible). To my ears the Acapella room did not match with the huge speakers. Midrange was to loud.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    hifi:
    power: Audioplan Powerstar, Audioplan Finefilter, Audioplan Powerplant, Powercord
    tube amp: Jadis DA 50 Signature RC, Line Magnetic 508ia
    speaker: Living Voice Avatar 2
    turntable: Pro-Ject Xtension 10 + Ortofon Quintet Black MC
    phono stage: Remton 383 MKII
    cables: Audioplan Musicable bic 7a, Profigold, Wilbrand

home-cinema: Sony blu-ray, Yamaha rx v2700, Heco Metas 700 (4x), Heco center

Munich High End 2018

Quote Originally Posted by tube-vds View Post

Very dynamic and realistic. Never heard a better piano on a Hifi. And no bass problems.

On the HifiDeluxe show in the Meriot Hotel was Acapella. The show was a bit disappointing. No room had good sound; Audio note, Jadis or Kii Audio (that was terrible).
    Thanks for sharing the vinyl recommendation, need to check it out.

I usually skip the ‘special interest‘ part of the show. Reason being is that if you buy some of this ‘special recommendation’ gear, you’ll never get rid of it again. They typically disappear as quickly as they emerged. I once ventured into some French boutique stuff and it stuck with me forever.

Someone saw if Wadax finally presented his DAC (non-stratospheric price) Akadia?
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Audioshark

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Audioshark

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Audioshark

Thanks for sharing Mike, the three videos offer a very nice summary of the event.

Only drag is that everything sounds almost the same on video, which it did not when being live on-site.

Quote Originally Posted by heihei View Post
    thank you for the report! thoress is certainly among the best of hand-built, hand-wired equipment and i have heard their pre-amp is quite special.
    viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | almarro a318b + air tight atc-5 (phono) | clearaudio concept + virtuoso v2 MM | t+a dac8 dsd + diy transport + roon rock
    alp-tone audio analog cables | core audio designs plyKraft 3L | hifi racks ltd podium t5-iii

Did you happen to hear the Azzolina Mojo speakers? Those sound pretty good in the videos.

Thanks for sharing Mike, the three videos offer a very nice summary of the event.

Only drag is that everything sounds almost the same on video, which it did not when being live on-site.

Quote Originally Posted by vortrex View Post
    Did you happen to hear the Azzolina Mojo speakers? Those sound pretty good in the videos.
    Unfortunately no.

I had set myself a program beforehand based on stuff I am in general interested in, which pretty much occupied the entire day. Probably a lots of good stuff I did not see. But I am in a good place with my system now, very few open desires right mow.

Do not you find it strange, that a brand from the Gryphon category, had its products only in exhibition and at the best fair in the world?
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Very dynamic and realistic. Never heard a better piano on a Hifi. And no bass problems...
    this is not a Direct Metal Master but a Japanese direct to disc from the '70s cut at 45 rpm. it's been an audiophile staple for eons.

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Do not you find it strange, that a brand from the Gryphon category, had its products only in exhibition and at the best fair in the world?
    Yes. I walked through that room and couldn’t believe it. I have a bunch of photos to post, but it will be next weekend. They’re on the camera and I’m in Europe this week after the show, so no way to move them till I get home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Amplification: DartZeel 468 (2) // DartZeel NHB18NS Mk. II
    Tuner: MagnumDynalab 108T/SE
    Table/Cart: J.Sikora Reference // Integrity HiFi Tru-Glider - DSAudio GrandMaster EX // Integrity HiFI Tru-Glider - Ortofon A Mono
    Equalizer/Phono Pre: DSAudio Master3
    Speakers: TAD R-1 MkII, REL Six Pack of REL Carbon Specials
    Power: Nordost QBase8 Mk3, QX4, Qkore1, 3 and 6 (chassis), QK1 (2), QV2 (2), Chord GroundAray (signal), Chord Line Aray (3), Chord Professional, AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
    DAC/Serv-stream: LampiZator Horizon/ Taiko Extreme
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond SE Speaker Cables
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond PCs (7), Evolution Acoustics 50 ohm (Zeel Connection), Nordost Odin2 IC (2), Nordost Valhalla II USB, CH Acoustic X20 IC, Final Touch Audio Elara PCs (6)
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    CMS Ultra 2.0 Footers TT (2) and TD (2), Revopods (2) and SortKones and EVPs where they work
    Critical Mass Systems Ultra-Q Rack > Silence Focus Amp Stands

It goes down to 21 Hz.

I was in this room and too found it stunning, but this like several others, just overwhelmed me with their scale. Technically and sonically amazing, but I couldn’t relate to it (probably cause I’d have to build a new room to accommodate them and would have no $$ left to then buy the system).

Table/Cart: J.Sikora Reference // Integrity HiFi Tru-Glider - DSAudio GrandMaster EX // Integrity HiFI Tru-Glider - Ortofon A Mono
    Power: Nordost QBase8 Mk3, QX4, Qkore1, 3 and 6 (chassis), QK1 (2), QV2 (2), Chord GroundAray (signal), Chord Line Aray (3), Chord Professional, AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond PCs (7), Evolution Acoustics 50 ohm (Zeel Connection), Nordost Odin2 IC (2), Nordost Valhalla II USB, CH Acoustic X20 IC, Final Touch Audio Elara PCs (6)
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    CMS Ultra 2.0 Footers TT (2) and TD (2), Revopods (2) and SortKones and EVPs where they work

Quote Originally Posted by ashandger View Post
    No these are Mingus 20 I believe. Momento 2 is much taller and much more expensive....approx. €300K I believe. Being used with Vitus amps.
    I have a picture of the martens, but no way to upload it as I’m traveling on biz in Europe this week. Will do so next weekend. Stunning show - highly recommended.

AudioDesk Systeme RCM

Finland, that´s somewhere in Northern Europe

I heard the Marten Mingus twice. Unfortunately, that was just after M6, so I was spoiled. My impression was that they would require at least twice the room they were in. Bass articulation and control problems, but part of those must relate to the room. Overall, they were one of the nicest systems, MSB Select II DAC and all. God knows what was the grand total price of the system, speakers alone 310000 eur.

Did anyone hear the Exelon Extremes? Vassiliokovs run them also with an all-Vitus front end.

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Must admit, same thing crossed my mind.

A bit as if they are worried of a direct comparison.

I asked them why, and the answer was " it would have been too complicated and expensive" Well, when I asked them how much did it cost to come here and let people SEE their stuff instead of LISTENING to it, and why bother at all, they seemed to switch to Danish and I left. And yes, I own their gear.

Audioshark

T+A M40 HV
    WOW! Cool looking amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    WOW! Cool looking amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The regular model has been around for a while.

They do sound great, heard a very nice demo with Tannoy Canterbury GRs a while back.

Price - €40000 /pr.

Quote Originally Posted by walesi View Post
    I heard the Marten Mingus twice. Unfortunately, that was just after M6, so I was spoiled. My impression was that they would require at least twice the room they were in. Bass articulation and control problems, but part of those must relate to the room. Overall, they were one of the nicest systems, MSB Select II DAC and all. God knows what was the grand total price of the system, speakers alone 310000 eur.

Did anyone hear the Exelon Extremes? Vassiliokovs run them also with an all-Vitus front end.
    Just to clarify, Marten Mingus 20 is the smaller speaker and Momento 2 is the larger speaker and costs approx. €300K. So not sure which one you heard? Both were used with Vitus amps.

Yes. I heard them and the new lynx. They were great and the best of the “larger than a person” speakers that I sampled.

AudioDesk Systeme RCM

Diesis music server and hybrid Integrated amp from Italy.

Audioshark

Did anyone hear these?

Did anyone hear these?
    That’s looks like the esotheric department, hence no Munich High End 2018.

Paul Messenger (of Hifi Critic) heard these and was very impressed.

Did anyone hear these?
    Yes and they sounded pretty nice compared to other rooms. The tweeter is that thin rubber part between the 2 speakers!!

Room filling 3D sound (kind of german physiks like) but a bit indirect and unfocussed. For the longtime - i'm not so sure.

And I think for an exotic, but simple 3-way PASSIVE speaker from a new and unknown eastern-europe company the askingprice of € 39.000 is very, very "optimistic".
    hifi:
    power: Audioplan Powerstar, Audioplan Finefilter, Audioplan Powerplant, Powercord

Yesterday Raidho had the new TD 4.8s playing. They still have the Michael Børresen sound.
    Just curious. What is a "Michael Børresen sound"?
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

It has a deliberately designed non-linear frequency response, in theory ompensating the non-linear way human ear reacts to different frequencies. Combined with a ported design, the bigger Raidho speakers tend to have way too much bass.

It has a deliberately designed non-linear frequency response, in theory ompensating the non-linear way human ear reacts to different frequencies. Combined with a ported design, the bigger Raidho speakers tend to have way too much bass.
    Interesting. I own the X-3 I don't think they have way too much bass. I've heard the 3.1 and don't think they are that bass heavy. But I could be mistaken. (Could be owners bias ). The Blumenhofer speakers I tried gave me bigger bass problems. But I am thinking about buy some bass traps in the future.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Yes and they sounded pretty nice compared to other rooms. The tweeter is that thin rubber part between the 2 speakers!!

Room filling 3D sound (kind of german physiks like) but a bit indirect and unfocussed. For the longtime - i'm not so sure.

And I think for an exotic, but simple 3-way PASSIVE speaker from a new and unknown eastern-europe company the askingprice of € 39.000 is very, very "optimistic".
    Its not a simple speaker at all , i really don't see how 39K is outlandish , looks like a carbon fiber shell too ..

Quote Originally Posted by GiorgioNuvolari View Post
    Exactly. I understand that some people prefer ported, but for me there is no contest.

Although, I have to admit that the new PMC sounded super impressive. I would like to hear that speaker with some serious amplification.

If you like the other properties of the ported speaker, as to looks , mid / treble, et al , you can cram it full of stuffing till it has no bass ..

Sealed

Agreed. At least all of their bigger speakers that I've heard. Don't have any experience with the latest models, though.
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

2 Companies that we not on the high end: Devialet and B & O.

Seems they just don't have the right strategy.
    hifi:

Did anyone see/hear the updated Focal Utopia III Evos at High End?

https://www.focal.com/sites/www.foca...ss-release.pdf
    Jeff

Main System
    Streamer/Server: Aurender N100H; Disc Player: Oppo UDP-205; DAC: Topping D90SE; Preamp: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; Power Amp: ATI AT542NC; Speakers: Focal Sopra No. 3; Cables: Wireworld, Kimber, Cullin; Power: Ansuz Mainz8 X-TC, PS Audio Dectet, Furutech outlets

Basement Media Room
    Streamer/Server: Aurender N100SC; Disc Player: Panasonic DB-UP9000; Surround Pre/Pro: Monoprice Monolith HTP-1; Power Amps: Apollon NC1200SL (custom 3-channel w/Sparkos SS2590 op amps), Apollon AS3600 6-channel; Speakers: Focal Kanta No. 3, Kanta Center, 300 ICW8 (x6); Subwoofer: Rythmik F18SE (x2); Cables: Wireworld, BlueJeans; Power: Torus RM20, Furman Elite 20PFi; Room Correction: Dirac Live w/ Bass Control; Video: Sony 77" A9G OLED

Audioshark

2 Companies that we not on the high end: Devialet and B & O.

Seems they just don't have the right strategy.
    Totally agree. Devialet had it going on with a great distributor in Audio Plus Services. But then they decided to go it alone and fell off the face of the planet (or so it seems). For me, when they took over, they got stupid and started saying things like: "you need to bring in every Devialet model into your store and also one extra to sell of every unit." You can imagine my laughter at that one. First of all: no, I won't. Second, they all sound the same (just more power as you go up the line), so that's not even sensible.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Munich High End 2018