Experience with Stillpoints Ultra SS Mini's
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Experience with Stillpoints Ultra SS Mini's

Got two sets of 4 intending to use these under my monitors, on top of a slab of granite.

Tried them there and noticed that things sounded thinner, less fleshed out and anemic bass, and I'd lost some soundstage in all directions, including instrument separation. Compared to the IsoAcoustics Aperta's they were intended to replace.

So, Aperata's went back and things went back to normal.

I moved the Stillpoints to under my DAC and under my Lumin U1, and things seemed a bit better, but if so just slightly. Not sure I could blindly a/b tell the difference.
    Digital Front End Lumin U1 and L1 | PS Audio DirectStream w/ HiFi Tuning Supreme fuse
    Amplification Ayre MX-R Twenty w/ HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses
    Speakers Amphion Argon 3s
    Power Ayre L-5xe conditioner | Zu, Shunyata and Transparent PCs
    Cables HiDiamond D8 speaker | HiDiamond Genesis interconnects | AQ Diamond and HiDiamond Reference USB | Revelation Audio Labs "Cat8+" and AQ Diamond Ethernet with Black Box Fiber Media Converters
    Isolation Synergistic MIGs | IsoAcoustics Aperta's | IsoAcoustics IsoPucks | Stillpoints Ultra Mini’s | IsoAcoustics Oreas
    Other iFi Micro-iUSB3.0

Northern California Coast & San Francisco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Experience with Stillpoints Ultra SS Mini's

Quote Originally Posted by jmusica View Post
    Got two sets of 4 intending to use these under my monitors, on top of a slab of granite.

Tried them there and noticed that things sounded thinner, less fleshed out and anemic bass, and I'd lost some soundstage in all directions, including instrument separation. Compared to the IsoAcoustics Aperta's they were intended to replace.

So, Aperata's went back and things went back to normal.

I moved the Stillpoints to under my DAC and under my Lumin U1, and things seemed a bit better, but if so just slightly. Not sure I could blindly a/b tell the difference.
    Mini's should be used under lighter electronics, Ultra SS, or 5's under speakers. If your budget allows, Ultra 6's under heavy electronics. When placed under everything as I do, their splendid effect is just multiplied.
    Tom
    Ultimate Audio
    SoundLab Dealer

Country System:
    SoundLab Ultimate-1PX electrostatic speakers
    Pass Labs XP-20 pre, X-260.8 monoblocks
    ARC REF2SE phono
    SME 20/2 table SME V arm, Stillpoints LPI
    Minus-K BM-8 passive vibration control under tt
    Koetsu Rosewood Signature cartridge, Klaudio RCM
    Esoteric K-03 SACD Player
    Roon Nucleus+
    Lumin A1 Network Music Player
    Skywire balanced IC's, Teo liquid speaker cables
    3 dedicated AC lines
    Shunyata Triton v2, 3 Typhons, (one QR), and
    various Shunyata Alpha & Sigma PC's throughout.
    Stillpoints under everything.

City System:
    Ayre KX-R Twenty Pre
    Pass Labs XA-30.8 Amp
    Lumin A-1 Network Music Playe
    Modwright/Oppo 105 Universal Player
    Fritz Carrera BE Speakers-
    (Sound Lab U-545PX speakers coming soon)
    Pyramid (Sequerra) W-1 Woofers
    Shunyata Hydra 8, Typhon and
    various Shunyata Alpha & Sigma PC's throughout
    Stillpoints under everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Experience with Stillpoints Ultra SS Mini's

MtnHam recommendations are solid - Mini’s work better on Dacs and Transports.

I noticed they work best when positioned under Transformers, Power Supplies, Transports and such. If you go that route they will not line up like the OEM feet and will look off center depending on the maker of the equipment. Under speakers, Ultra SS with Bases are much better and 5’s even more so.

I have only read good things about the Iso’s, just never listened to them.

Let us know if this helps at all.
    Power Conditioning and Filters: Nordost QRT Power Product Line
    Cables, Isolation, Reflection and Absorbtion: Nordost Reference Power & Interconnects, Ansuz C2/A2, HRS M3X Platforms, HRS Damping Plates, Stillpoint’s Isolators, Ansuz Darkz DTC and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source: Aurender N10, PS Audio Direct Stream and Memory Player