Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Decided To Go The Gobels Route

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2018/...ve-technology/

These were in my room, then to Axpona and now back again until mine are delivered. Will be ordering them next week.

When they were gone I REALLY missed them.

Trying to decide on color though?? They have a gorgeous anodized aluminum front with a lacquered white everywhere else OR you can get them in anodized black with piano black lacquered black everywhere else.

Decided against the black as that is just too stark, however, I was thinking of the silver aluminum with either "Ferrari Red" everywhere else or "piano black" everywhere else. Would love to here what you guys think.

Forget about the decor in the room as I will be moving soon.

These things sound sublime.

Thanks in advance

Re: Decided To Go The Gobels Route

congrats Howie!!

it seemed you were quite taken with those. and having the opportunity to live wit them first is great as far as confidence in the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    congrats Howie!!

it seemed you were quite taken with those. and having the opportunity to live wit them first is great as far as confidence in the decision.
    I haven't even gotten to their full potential as yet as these speakers will require a little different front wall treatment than I currently have. Having said that, they are a remarkable speaker properly set up and with the right front end. Few speakers I have heard disappear as these do with such a wide and deep soundstage.

Elliot is being kind to me allowing me to keep these in my room until the ones I order arrive or until his showroom is finished whichever comes first.

Also comparing the MSB renderer to USB. Just got that yesterday so lots of changes to the system. Curious how your renderer is going?

Another factor in changing out my speakers is that as much as I loved the NOLA CGR, my future plans will definitely be a smaller room (hopefully not that small) and the little Gobels scale wonderfully to a large or small room.

As always Mike thanks. I hope to be out in your part of the country to my Montana home depending on circumstances as we are new grandparents and my hip which definitely will require a replacement may interfere but I hope to hear your incredible system one of these days. I am "jealous" every time I see your room and hear the praises.

The way to go:

Founder: AVShowrooms featuring video reports of audio shows, company tours and reviews. Resume' includes; the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Top articles: Lamm ML3- TAS, YG Anat III Signatures- TAS, Ayon- TAS, Coincident Speaker Technology- TAS, Single Ended Survey- TAS, Fisher 500c- Stereophile, Bozak CGs- Stereophile, Box Sets- Listener, Dynaco ST70-Listener. Best catch phase: Bugatti of Audio.

Congrats.

They sounded pretty good at Axpona.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

congrats on the new speakers.. Happy Listening
    Turntables: Acoustic Signature Invictus Jr. NEO, Grand Prix Monaco V3.0
    Tonearms: Acoustic Signature TA-9000 NEO, Kuzma Safir
    Cartridges: Miyabi Fuuga, Ortofon Century, Murashino Sumile Mono
    Phono Amplifiers: CH Precision P1, Channel D Lino 3.3
    Digital: CH Precision C1.2/D1.5/T1, Innuos Statement Nextgen, Luxman D-10X (Loan)
    Amplifiers: CH Precision L10/M10, Parasound JC1+, Gryphon Diablo 333 (Incoming)
    Speakers : Magnepan 30.7x, Wilson Audio XVX Chronosonic/Subsonics
    Cables: CAD Ground Controls/USB, Cardas Beyond Clear, Gobel Lacorde Statement
    Accessories: Artesania Exoteryc Racks & Damping Plates, Seismion Reactio, Degritter RC, RPG Acoustic Treatments/PSI AVAA, Torus Power/Plixir Elite BAC

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Breuninger View Post
    The way to go:

Peter if I had that kind of money it would be the way to go. “Unfortunately” I have to settle for his little ones with but one CH M1and MSB Select II DAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Priaptor View Post
    Peter if I had that kind of money it would be the way to go. “Unfortunately” I have to settle for his little ones with but one CH M1and MSB Select II DAC.
    I heard the smaller ones in Munich and really liked them.

Great sounding speakers, congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Congratulations with your new speakers

Quote Originally Posted by FDPDK View Post
    Congratulations with your new speakers
    Appreciate it.

I haven't even gotten to their full potential as yet as these speakers will require a little different front wall treatment than I currently have. Having said that, they are a remarkable speaker properly set up and with the right front end. Few speakers I have heard disappear as these do with such a wide and deep soundstage.

Elliot is being kind to me allowing me to keep these in my room until the ones I order arrive or until his showroom is finished whichever comes first.

Also comparing the MSB renderer to USB. Just got that yesterday so lots of changes to the system. Curious how your renderer is going?
    don't want to derail your thread with MSB talk. i'd say it's too soon to say how I feel about the comparison between the Renderer with the SGM as the Roon core host, and the SGM over USB. been listening since Friday and am able to switch back and forth. I've mostly just listened to the Renderer since I want to get it broken in. I have done the switch a few times briefly so far and the SGM->USB was closer than I expected......which caused me to slow down a bit. the SGM is very good, and in a couple months it will get better with the Evo spec upgrade.

I think after i've listened to the Renderer for another week, I will then get serious about a comparison. mid-week I've got a quick Tuesday to Thursday business trip to Tampa, by then it should have completely settled in and I will see what is going on. I think that the Renderer is 'less there' but not 100% sure yet.

Another factor in changing out my speakers is that as much as I loved the NOLA CGR, my future plans will definitely be a smaller room (hopefully not that small) and the little Gobels scale wonderfully to a large or small room.

As always Mike thanks. I hope to be out in your part of the country to my Montana home depending on circumstances as we are new grandparents and my hip which definitely will require a replacement may interfere but I hope to hear your incredible system one of these days. I am "jealous" every time I see your room and hear the praises.
    I hope it works out for you to be able to visit. thanks for the kind words.

and congrats on the grandchild, i'm jealous. that ship has sailed for me as my kids are 42 and 40 and nothing so far. best wishes on the hip, my wife had her hip replaced last February and she was back to 95% in 6 months, and now a year later she is likely 98%. so really good.

Everything on the Gobels website looks incredible. They seem very serious about building top end gear. The speakers are works of art.

I got a quote on an Ethernet cable, and have to say, it looks like Gobels stuff is well out of my range.

Will be cool to hear your impressions. I haven't seen much posted about this brand anywhere yet.
    Main System

Lumin X1 > Boulder 1161 > Scansonic MB3.5 B

Headphones

Home: HiFiMan Susvara > Schiit Lyr+
    Portable: Focal Radiance > AQ Dragonfly Cobalt / Chord Hugo 2

Quote Originally Posted by jmusica View Post
    Everything on the Gobels website looks incredible. They seem very serious about building top end gear. The speakers are works of art.

I got a quote on an Ethernet cable, and have to say, it looks like Gobels stuff is well out of my range.
    Will be cool to hear your impressions. I haven't seen much posted about this brand anywhere yet.
    I will be trying their Ethernet cable tomorrow. I know they are expensive and am not going into this with blinders on. We will see. Their usb cable is awesome but same problem, $$$$.

All of his stuff is really well made, as well as anything I have seen.

Contact Elliot at bendingwaveusa.com and see if he has any wiggle room on pricing before his studio opens as he is now the USA distributor. He is in Ft Lauderdale.

Göbels has been around for awhile just not here in the states. The wires and speakers are wonderful. Not sure about the last version but the Aeon are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    don't want to derail your thread with MSB talk. i'd say it's too soon to say how I feel about the comparison between the Renderer with the SGM as the Roon core host, and the SGM over USB. been listening since Friday and am able to switch back and forth. I've mostly just listened to the Renderer since I want to get it broken in. I have done the switch a few times briefly so far and the SGM->USB was closer than I expected......which caused me to slow down a bit. the SGM is very good, and in a couple months it will get better with the Evo spec upgrade.

I think after i've listened to the Renderer for another week, I will then get serious about a comparison. mid-week I've got a quick Tuesday to Thursday business trip to Tampa, by then it should have completely settled in and I will see what is going on. I think that the Renderer is 'less there' but not 100% sure yet.

I hope it works out for you to be able to visit. thanks for the kind words.

and congrats on the grandchild, i'm jealous. that ship has sailed for me as my kids are 42 and 40 and nothing so far. best wishes on the hip, my wife had her hip replaced last February and she was back to 95% in 6 months, and now a year later she is likely 98%. so really good.
    Mike

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I am an avid rower and “hoping” to get back much quicker than 6 months but hope and reality are two different things especially at the age of 65.

I will just have to spend more time with the grandkids and stereo than before until I hit the 98% mark. As a doctor, I admit to being the worst of patients. Not in terms of complaining but listening to advice.

Howie

Hi Howie, if you are going to try the Göbel Ethernet cable, I think you should prepare the wallet ...
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Can't wait to hear what you think!

I will be trying their Ethernet cable tomorrow. I know they are expensive and am not going into this with blinders on. We will see. Their usb cable is awesome but same problem, $$$$.

All of his stuff is really well made, as well as anything I have seen.

Contact Elliot at bendingwaveusa.com and see if he has any wiggle room on pricing before his studio opens as he is now the USA distributor. He is in Ft Lauderdale.

Göbels has been around for awhile just not here in the states. The wires and speakers are wonderful. Not sure about the last version but the Aeon are fantastic.
    Main System

Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Hi Howie, if you are going to try the Göbel Ethernet cable, I think you should prepare the wallet ...
    Trust me, the wallet is WIDE OPEN, unfortunately. The good news is that IF I decide to go the renderer route with the Select II rather than the USB route, I don't need the Gobels USB cable. I guess that is one way of rationalizing it.

Banned

Appreciate it.
    Guys just for clarity the speakers Howie has are the brand new Aeon Series speakers and the pair at Axpona 2018 was the first pair shown anywhere. I also have the Reference but my showroom wont be done until next month and the room in Schaumberg was really too small for the bigh speaker and barely doable for the Fine that we showed.

Munich will be the introduction of the Reference.
    There are many changes form the old product to the new and they are posted I believe on the GHE website.

See you soon Howie and let me know what flavor you want before I leave please.

I saw pics of what will be in Munich. OMG!
    Founder: AVShowrooms featuring video reports of audio shows, company tours and reviews. Resume' includes; the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Top articles: Lamm ML3- TAS, YG Anat III Signatures- TAS, Ayon- TAS, Coincident Speaker Technology- TAS, Single Ended Survey- TAS, Fisher 500c- Stereophile, Bozak CGs- Stereophile, Box Sets- Listener, Dynaco ST70-Listener. Best catch phase: Bugatti of Audio.

These things are gorgeous in any color; there's no way to go wrong imo. Pick the color that works best from an interior design perspective. At that spend - not even kidding - I'd hire an interior designer to pick the color. With their size and design statement, they are part of your room much more than most speakers.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2018/...ve-technology/

Trying to decide on color though?? They have a gorgeous anodized aluminum front with a lacquered white everywhere else OR you can get them in anodized black with piano black lacquered black everywhere else.

Decided against the black as that is just too stark, however, I was thinking of the silver aluminum with either "Ferrari Red" everywhere else or "piano black" everywhere else. Would love to here what you guys think.

Thanks in advance
    Main System

Headphones

Trust me, the wallet is WIDE OPEN, unfortunately. The good news is that IF I decide to go the renderer route with the Select II rather than the USB route, I don't need the Gobels USB cable. I guess that is one way of rationalizing it.
    Oh, undoubtedly we are experts in convincing ourselves of the logic of spending the amounts we spend. We have no cure!
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

I, for example, have sold my analog and I have convinced myself that the most logical thing is to order a Göbel XLR cable. Really for more than I think it is very, very logical.
    Francisco

Congrats on the new speakers. I've heard them 3 or 4 times and always liked them.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Breuninger View Post
    I saw pics of what will be in Munich. OMG!
    I know that Oliver has TWO big displays set up for the show
    One with the Divin and CH Precision( Atrium 4 Level 1 E115) and the Epoque Reference Aeon with Vitus (Atrium 4 level 1 room F226)
    Its going to be EPIC or Epoque!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Congrats on the new speakers. I've heard them 3 or 4 times and always liked them.
    Adam

Thanks. You guys in Europe pretty much always had the best the states had to offer and it is nice that we are starting to get the best you guys have had that we didn’t. Never heard the version before this new Aeon but these are wonderful.

Howie

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    I, for example, have sold my analog and I have convinced myself that the most logical thing is to order a Göbel XLR cable. Really for more than I think it is very, very logical.
    Of course very logical.

I tell my wife those BIG speakers are leaving for smaller ones so we must be saving money. My wife has learned just not to ask which makes both of us happy

DSkip

Regardless of which way you go they are absolutely beautiful speakers! I'm sure you will be a very happy man.

Well last night got the system setup, we were initially comparing my USB to Renderer on the MSB and while the renderer was more spacious and open it was little shrill. The USB was using the Gobel's USB compared to the Audioquest Vodka.

I then put in the Gobel's Ethernet cable and just couldn't believe the transition. Absoutely stunning, easily surpassing in every aspect of detail, imaging, spaciousness, etc the Vodka and the USB solution. How much more the cable will improve with time I don't know but I was immediately blown away. Needlessly to say, the Renderer with the Gobel ethernet is my new go to. I do have one more tweak which is my Core Technologies LPS which I will hook to my switch.

When I told Vince from MSB, as he is interested in MSB customers experience with the renderer he sent me the following review. So I will post it here for your perusal. I haven't read it in detail yet as I literally just got it:

http://hifipig.com/gobel-lacorde-sta...hernet-cables/

Interesting actually. I've had a similar experience with the PS Audio DirectStream... the Bridge II (renderer/Ethernet) is not comparing favorably with USB. Maybe it's ultimately a cable thing, I haven't tried a high quality cable on that connection.

I almost hate looking at this thread because when I do, I end up looking at their website, and then at those speakers. I'm possibly in love with a piece of audio gear.... (and I want to know what lake that is!)

Well last night got the system setup, we were initially comparing my USB to Renderer on the MSB and while the renderer was more spacious and open it was little shrill. The USB was using the Gobel's USB compared to the Audioquest Vodka.

I then put in the Gobel's Ethernet cable and just couldn't believe the transition. Absoutely stunning, easily surpassing in every aspect of detail, imaging, spaciousness, etc the Vodka and the USB solution. How much more the cable will improve with time I don't know but I was immediately blown away. Needlessly to say, the Renderer with the Gobel ethernet is my new go to. I do have one more tweak which is my Core Technologies LPS which I will hook to my switch.

When I told Vince from MSB, as he is interested in MSB customers experience with the renderer he sent me the following review. So I will post it here for your perusal. I haven't read it in detail yet as I literally just got it:

http://hifipig.com/gobel-lacorde-sta...hernet-cables/
    Main System

Headphones

Interesting actually. I've had a similar experience with the PS Audio DirectStream... the Bridge II (renderer/Ethernet) is not comparing favorably with USB. Maybe it's ultimately a cable thing, I haven't tried a high quality cable on that connection.

I almost hate looking at this thread because when I do, I end up looking at their website, and then at those speakers. I'm possibly in love with a piece of audio gear.... (and I want to know what lake that is!)
    Lol

I hear you. I will find out what lake that is and let you know. It is nice. I have my little piece of paradise with a home right on Flathead Lake in Montana that is stunning. Now I just need to afford that house in the Gobel site to go with the speakers.

Banned

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...rs-20k-and-up/

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Decided To Go The Gobels Route