AQ Diamond USB
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: AQ Diamond USB

Post Thanks / Like

AQ Diamond USB

I've long been in the camp that *audio* cables make a difference. Yet skeptical about USB and Ethernet.

Like many of us though I couldn't resist. And to some degree I'm also in the camp "everything has potential to make a difference / system synergy counts". So now I manage to have collected a few "high end" USB cables.

Latest acquisition: AQ Diamond USB. Never been an AQ fan, having tried several of their top or close-to cables in other places of my system (digital, ICs, speaker) and quickly replaced them.

Have to say though, I hear a surprisingly noticeable improvement with the Diamond USB. Maybe it's my imagination. I don't have the patience to blind test and I'd just as soon be blissful in my ignorance/placebo effect anyway.

AQ Diamond impressions: everything sounds more relaxed and natural and less fatiguing. Soundstage seems to have gotten a bit deeper front to back. I'm hesitant to pull out these overused tropes but honestly for the first time in a while they seem to apply.
    Digital Front End Lumin U1 and L1 | PS Audio DirectStream w/ HiFi Tuning Supreme fuse
    Amplification Ayre MX-R Twenty w/ HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses
    Speakers Amphion Argon 3s
    Power Ayre L-5xe conditioner | Zu, Shunyata and Transparent PCs
    Cables HiDiamond D8 speaker | HiDiamond Genesis interconnects | AQ Diamond and HiDiamond Reference USB | Revelation Audio Labs "Cat8+" and AQ Diamond Ethernet with Black Box Fiber Media Converters
    Isolation Synergistic MIGs | IsoAcoustics Aperta's | IsoAcoustics IsoPucks | Stillpoints Ultra Miniís | IsoAcoustics Oreas
    Other iFi Micro-iUSB3.0

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AQ Diamond USB

Nice to read this. I am trying out the Coffees USB. A friend loaned them to me. He wants the Diamonds, but he is trying to find a deal, used or demos.
    GEAR Audio Research LS17 SE | T+A DAC 8 DSD, AMP 8 | Wyred 4 Sound Recovery | KEF R700, R400b, M500
    Oppo BDP-105 | Technics ST-9030 w / ​Magnum Dynalab ST-2 | MrSpeakers Ether | Ayres Pono | Furman Elite 15i
    Cables/Isolators Gingko | Pangea | Richard Gray | Kimber Kable | Wireworld | Audioquest | Wyred 4 Sound | PS Audio

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AQ Diamond USB

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    Nice to read this. I am trying out the Coffees USB. A friend loaned them to me. He wants the Diamonds, but he is trying to find a deal, used or demos.
    I went from AQ Coffee to WW Platinum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 28b3s, Bryston 4b3, Bryston 9bsst2
    Digital: Aurender N10, Esoteric Grandioso K1, Cybershaft OP12 Clock
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c, Kef Ci200RR-THX (surround/back)
    Subs: Two JL Audio F212v2
    Power: PS Audio PS10, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS
    Video: Oppo 203, LG 65inch OLED
    -Kyle