AQ Diamond USB
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: AQ Diamond USB

Post Thanks / Like

AQ Diamond USB

I've long been in the camp that *audio* cables make a difference. Yet skeptical about USB and Ethernet.

Like many of us though I couldn't resist. And to some degree I'm also in the camp "everything has potential to make a difference / system synergy counts". So now I manage to have collected a few "high end" USB cables.

Latest acquisition: AQ Diamond USB. Never been an AQ fan, having tried several of their top or close-to cables in other places of my system (digital, ICs, speaker) and quickly replaced them.

Have to say though, I hear a surprisingly noticeable improvement with the Diamond USB. Maybe it's my imagination. I don't have the patience to blind test and I'd just as soon be blissful in my ignorance/placebo effect anyway.

AQ Diamond impressions: everything sounds more relaxed and natural and less fatiguing. Soundstage seems to have gotten a bit deeper front to back. I'm hesitant to pull out these overused tropes but honestly for the first time in a while they seem to apply.
    Digital Front End Lumin U1 and L1 | PS Audio DirectStream w/ HiFi Tuning Supreme fuse
    Amplification Ayre MX-R Twenty w/ HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses
    Speakers Amphion Argon 3s
    Power Ayre L-5xe conditioner | Zu, Shunyata and Transparent PCs
    Cables HiDiamond D8 speaker | HiDiamond Genesis interconnects | AQ Diamond and HiDiamond Reference USB | Revelation Audio Labs "Cat8+" and AQ Diamond Ethernet with Black Box Fiber Media Converters
    Isolation Synergistic MIGs | IsoAcoustics Aperta's | IsoAcoustics IsoPucks | Stillpoints Ultra Mini’s | IsoAcoustics Oreas
    Other iFi Micro-iUSB3.0

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AQ Diamond USB

Nice to read this. I am trying out the Coffees USB. A friend loaned them to me. He wants the Diamonds, but he is trying to find a deal, used or demos.
    Audio Research LS17 SE, T+A DAC 8 DSD, T+A AMP 8, W4S Recovery, KEF R700, KEF R400b, KEF M500, Ayre Pono
    Oppo BDP-105, Technics ST-9030, MrSpeakers Ether, Richard Gray High Tension Power, Kimber Kable 12TC bi-wired
    AudioQuest Niagara 1000, AudioQuest Earth XLR, AudioQuest Anaconda XLR, AudioQuest Coffee USB x2
    Pangea, Wireworld, Gingko, PS Audio, W4S, AQ, Magnum Dynalab, Jim Smith, Roon, HQPlayer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    Nice to read this. I am trying out the Coffees USB. A friend loaned them to me. He wants the Diamonds, but he is trying to find a deal, used or demos.
    I went from AQ Coffee to WW Platinum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 28b3s, Bryston 4b3, Bryston 9bsst2
    Digital: Aurender N10, Esoteric Grandioso K1, Cybershaft OP12 Clock
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c, Kef Ci200RR-THX (surround/back)
    Subs: Two JL Audio F212v2
    Power: PS Audio PS10, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS
    Video: Oppo 203, LG 65inch OLED
    -Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

My friend did purchase the Diamonds and he says he likes them a lot. I am happy with the Coffee. Vastly better than the medium to lower level Wireworld that I was using.
    Audio Research LS17 SE, T+A DAC 8 DSD, T+A AMP 8, W4S Recovery, KEF R700, KEF R400b, KEF M500, Ayre Pono
    Oppo BDP-105, Technics ST-9030, MrSpeakers Ether, Richard Gray High Tension Power, Kimber Kable 12TC bi-wired
    AudioQuest Niagara 1000, AudioQuest Earth XLR, AudioQuest Anaconda XLR, AudioQuest Coffee USB x2
    Pangea, Wireworld, Gingko, PS Audio, W4S, AQ, Magnum Dynalab, Jim Smith, Roon, HQPlayer

5. Likes Mike liked this post