Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

New MPOD and MPAD

Hi Folks,

We have been working with Berrie Kremers the designer behind the original MPAD and MPOD and he will be releasing a new version of MPOD - new name 'RIGELIAN' this month on the Apple store. The plan is to have a new version for the IPAD as well moving forward.

It 'see's' the Bryston BDP's as a recognized PLAYER so it will automatically detected and preconfigured the Bryston BDP's in Rigelian..

I got this email from him this morning.

james

I published a build 94 for you to beta test yesterday which contains the final functional changes before release. I have also prepared the website (http://www.rigelian.net) and if nothing strange happens I will submit for AppStore approval later this week.

Best regards
    Berrie

Re: New MPOD and MPAD

Looking forward to the iPad version. Still use MPaD for my BDP-2, but that's keeping me from upgrading the OS (it would make MPaD unusable).
    Antipodes EX…Schiit Yggdrasil...Coda 07x…Peachtree GaN400...Vivid V1.5
    Intona Premium USB…Cerious Graphene Extreme XLR...Double Helix Cables Chaperone XLR...Acoustic Revive SPC-PA
    Torus RM15...Shunyata Alpha HC…Mad Scientist First...HF Reveal...XLO Ref 3

HI Folks,

The new version of (IPOD) Rigelian is now available on the Apple Store

http://www.rigelian.net/

james

Duplicate

Got the iPhone version, but didn't use it much, as I prefer the larger screen of the iPad over my SE phone (current but smallest model).

The iPad version was released and I hesitated for a minute, because installing it meant updating my iOS, which would make MPaD forever unusable. MPaD was such a perfect app IMO, although it had become a little glitchy from the previous OS update.

Bit the bullet, updated the OS, and installed Rigelian.

I know the app is new and will be updated, but for now, it's a step backward from MPaD as far as some features go. The biggest bummer for me is not being able to play the entire library on random shuffle, which is how I listen 90% of the time. Listening that way ensured that I would hear songs that I wouldn't normally go to, or hand pick, for a playlist. It offered surprises.

That said, even though the Rigelian site is lean on info, Berrie, the designer, was quick to respond to questions.
    Intona Premium USB…Cerious Graphene Extreme XLR...Double Helix Cables Chaperone XLR...Acoustic Revive SPC-PA

Interesting, the look of the new software seems pretty good; however, a yearly subscription fee is required.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

The subscription fee is small.

But it's still a drag when an app that's supposed to be an update / upgrade of a previous one doesn't even have the features that the original app had years ago.

Bryston needs to buy the source code and maintain it. Relying on a 3rd party to support your product is not the best business model.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

^ Agreed

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

New MPOD and MPAD