Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Audioshark

Re: Mono and Stereo article on Mike Lavigne system

The drive-by review has become quite en Vogue these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Why are audiophiles such a mean, mean, mean bunch of folk?

Who cares if it's a review or a visit?

Doesn't this thread violate the mission statement and the spirit of this site?

I do not understand this discussion about "review." Where and when did I ever refer to my report on my visit with Mike as a "review"? I consider my article about Mike and his amazing room and system to be a "visit report," not a "review."

I referred to the amplifier comparison in my visit report as a "comparison," which it surely was.

We need to stop this nonsense about a "review" - it does not qualify as one and it is no different than the opinions and impressions our own audio buddies offer online of our own systems, when they visit. All mono and stereo reviews are under the Reviews link on top. Let's just be a little reasonable here.

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    A reviewer is someone who has a stereo system that serves as a reference to compare other components with, a room to put it in, and actually has their reviews published by the magazine or ezine that pays them.
    Whoa. Where can that rule be found or are you making this up as you go?
    I've never heard of a "Reviewer" BSc or PhD, so not sure who gets to decide who/what qualifies. You offer you're purely anecdotal, subjective opinions of sound, just like Ron or anyone else. Methinks some folks take themselves and listening to stereo music waaay too seriously lol.
    1st commandment of reviews: He that is without system among you, let him cast the first Shakti stone.

p.s. Does this mean also all show reports are worthless? Really? Sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    1st commandment of reviews: He that is without system among you, let him cast the first Shakti stone.
    LOL!
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    Whoa. Where can that rule be found or are you making this up as you go?
    I've never heard of a "Reviewer" BSc or PhD, so not sure who gets to decide who/what qualifies. You offer you're purely anecdotal, subjective opinions of sound, just like Ron or anyone else. Methinks some folks take themselves and listening to stereo music waaay too seriously lol.

p.s. Does this mean also all show reports are worthless? Really? Sheesh
    Common sense?
    Yours though, I bet it’s just another case of just in jest that we shouldn’t let it resonate so much and take it seriously. Mono and Stereo article on Mike Lavigne system

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Mono and Stereo article on Mike Lavigne system