Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

ARC Ref 10 vs CJ GAT(2) ?

Has anyone either compared the two directly or in similar systems? Besides the Ref 10 being fully balanced vs the GAT(2) being fully single ended, any thoughts about performance and sound?
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Re: ARC Ref 10 vs CJ GAT(2) ?

This will be good
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Super Moderator

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

LOL, just add Counterpoint to the mix and you always have three opinions ARC Ref 10 vs CJ GAT(2) ?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Am guessing you've seen Roy Gregory's review of both of these.....

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/trio_preamps.htm

I've spent quite a bit of time with the Ref 10 and happy to comment, but not the CJ.

Last edited by XV-1; April 8, 2018 at 07:24 AM. Reason: dup
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika

Its pretty clear from Gregory's review, the ref 10 came third.

There is a humanity and lack of grain or artifice that make the C-J’s presentation very special indeed. In comparison, the Audio Research preamp is smoothed off and lacking both delicacy and intimacy.

his views pretty much match what I have heard when I have owned ARC pre amp and heard them - neutral they are not.
    cj GAT is like crystal clear running water.

IMHO the ref 10 paints a grand picture of the music - if you like sitting at the back of the hall listening to the overall effect then you'd love it. As such though, you miss out on a lot of detail that most of us like to enjoy. I decided it wasn't for me therefore. Sadly not had the opportunity to try either the CJ or VTL.

Hi Joe,

If my system was single-ended, I would have definitely auditioned the CJ GAT2 based on the wonderful things I've heard about it. However, since my system is fully balanced, which offers greater noise reduction and increased output voltage over SE, and my monoblocks only have balanced inputs (like your M400's), I consider it a non-starter.

The Ref 10 offers amazing nuance and delicacy, 3D soundstaging and an overall musicality, which places it right at the top of the preamp chain. It’s no coincidence how many reference systems have the Ref 10 as their preamp.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Super Moderator

Thank you for that link. I have not seen it. I’ve always been a CJ fan (and GAT fan of course) but thought I’d see what everyone thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by heihei View Post
    Am guessing you've seen Roy Gregory's review of both of these.....

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/trio_preamps.htm

I've spent quite a bit of time with the Ref 10 and happy to comment, but not the CJ.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

The GAT2 and REF10, along with the VAC Master/Statement are the three best “modern” tube preamps I’ve ever heard.

At the end of the day, it’s all about proper pairing, synergy, taste, etc.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Why don't the CJ's have balanced connections
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Why don't the CJ's have balanced connections
    Because CJ believes that a balanced circuit is a solution looking for a problem. In other words, they prefer the shorter and simpler signal path of a single-ended circuit.

Best,
    Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Since your Dags are fully balanced, I'd go with a fully balanced preamp.

You've already owned the Ref 6 and didn't like it, so I would try a Vac.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Super Moderator

Hi Keith,

I’ve had a VAC in the past and I know Mike loves the newer ones. I have a demo of a Ref 10 coming, so I’m very excited despite not being excited about the Ref 6. I know from others that the Ref 10 is in another class, not aggressive nor edgy but big and bold, smooth and detailed.

Plus, it should be a great combo with the D’Agostino amps.

Stay tuned.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joeinid; April 10, 2018 at 12:14 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Cool, best way to find out! I've heard the Ref 10 several times now - it's definitely pretty amazing. In fact, heard one on your Dags two weeks ago.

Hope you aren't trying to warm up the sound a bit though - the Ref 10 won't do that. Very neutral preamp.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Cool, best way to find out! I've heard the Ref 10 several times now - it's definitely pretty amazing. In fact, heard one on your Dags two weeks ago.

Hope you aren't trying to warm up the sound a bit though - the Ref 10 won't do that. Very neutral preamp.
    I've heard that too. I expect with the Dags (which have a slight sweetness to them) for everything to be pretty much down the middle.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I've heard that too. I expect with the Dags (which have a slight sweetness to them) for everything to be pretty much down the middle.
    That is how my system turned out. The match between ARC Ref 10 and D'Agostino monoblocks is popular with a few others and works. I have tried many combinations of both tube and solid state. I am very satisfied with the Ref 10. That separate power supply is there for a good reason!
    Source component-Esoteric K-01X
    Preamp-
    Audio Research Reference 10
    Amplifier- ​D'Agostino Progression monoblocks
    Speakers-
    Wilson Audio Maxx 3
    Isolation stand-HRS SXR
    Cables-Transparent Reference speaker and Super I/C's.
    Power conditioning-Transparent Power Isolator and Transparent power cords
    Room treatment-Vicoustics

Nice Joe!
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Hi Keith,

I’ve had a VAC in the past and I know Mike loves the newer ones. I have a demo of a Ref 10 coming, so I’m very excited despite not being excited about the Ref 6. I know from others that the Ref 10 is in another class, not aggressive nor edgy but big and bold, smooth and detailed.

Plus, it should be a great combo with the D’Agostino amps.

Stay tuned.

Just make sure you don’t stack them when you operate them ARC Ref 10 vs CJ GAT(2) ?ARC Ref 10 vs CJ GAT(2) ?
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCh View Post
    Nice Joe!
    Thank you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
    Just make sure you don’t stack them when you operate them ARC Ref 10 vs CJ GAT(2) ?ARC Ref 10 vs CJ GAT(2) ?
    Ha!

That much I do know. Just seeing that photo on their website makes me a little nervous.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

I have no doubt that the Ref 10 is unlike any other preamp, let alone any other ARC preamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp 2160 View Post
    That is how my system turned out. The match between ARC Ref 10 and D'Agostino monoblocks is popular with a few others and works. I have tried many combinations of both tube and solid state. I am very satisfied with the Ref 10. That separate power supply is there for a good reason!

NAD C 658 streamer.

I never had the Ref 10 with the Dags but I did have the Ref 40 which was a 2 box design much like the Ref 10.

My 2 fav preamps with the Dags were the KXR20 and the Dag preamp.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Super Moderator

I could see the KXR-20 mating VERY well. I could consider giving the Dag pre another try at some point. My Luxman is wonderful, I am not even sure why I'm looking.

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    I never had the Ref 10 with the Dags but I did have the Ref 40 which was a 2 box design much like the Ref 10.

My 2 fav preamps with the Dags were the KXR20 and the Dag preamp.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Because you are crazy like the rest of us

....... I am not even sure why I'm looking.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Super Moderator

Guilty as charged

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    Because you are crazy like the rest of us

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe. You should try and get a demo of the pre amps at home.

You will find the best pre amp will sound the best, regardless if it balanced or single ended.

Super Moderator

I totally agree, balanced vs SE shouldn’t matter.

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    Joe. You should try and get a demo of the pre amps at home.

You will find the best pre amp will sound the best, regardless if it balanced or single ended.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Although I adore arc pretty amps having to send 2 massive boxes for repair would put me off

The thing is, unless you roll in NOS valves you will not be experiencing what the Ref10 is capable of. I run mine with mid 70's production GE6550A regulators and a full set of NOS 80's production Reflector 6h30-DR's.

IMHO the 10 with factory New production Sovtek's sounds somewhat hard and glassy by comparison.

Super Moderator

I would hope for reliability but sometimes gear needs to be repaired. I know in the past, ARC has been extremely aggressive sorting out issues. I have high confidence in ARC and their customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    Although I adore arc pretty amps having to send 2 massive boxes for repair would put me off

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

I bet that sounds glorious, but I’m sure isn’t cheap to install. I’ll have to search out those tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
    The thing is, unless you roll in NOS valves you will not be experiencing what the Ref10 is capable of. I run mine with mid 70's production GE6550A regulators and a full set of NOS 80's production Reflector 6h30-DR's.

IMHO the 10 with factory New production Sovtek's sounds somewhat hard and glassy by comparison.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I bet that sounds glorious, but I’m sure isn’t cheap to install. I’ll have to search out those tubes.
    That is the down side Unfortunatly, genuine NOS 6h30-DR's in particular not to mention the minefield of several EBay sellers listing new production Sovtek (ergo what you have anyway) as genuine Pre 1995 production, there is a very comprehencive article with several comparison shots illustrating the thre main differences in the internal build that identifies the genuine NOS valves, I shall try and dig it out for you.

Super Moderator

Thank you so much. I don’t know if I will be able to spend what’s necessary to acquire a full set of those tubes but I certainly want to maximize the sound quality.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thank you so much. I don’t know if I will be able to spend what’s necessary to acquire a full set of those tubes but I certainly want to maximize the sound quality.
    I know someone who just looked into obtaining a pair of the GE 6550A rectifier tubes for a Ref 10. He was not able to find a matched pair as they are now very rare. If you can find them, they will cost big bucks.

Ken

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    I know someone who just looked into obtaining a pair of the GE 6550A rectifier tubes for a Ref 10. He was not able to find a matched pair as they are now very rare. If you can find them, they will cost big bucks.

Ken
    I have quite a few. ARC Ref 10 vs CJ GAT(2) ?ARC Ref 10 vs CJ GAT(2) ?ARC Ref 10 vs CJ GAT(2) ?. Matched too. Haven’t tried them. I love the REF10 the way it comes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Super Moderator

Even a full replacement set from ARC is about $1500 retail but they say that they are fully tested, vetted and matched. They even mention what sockets the tubes are supposed to be installed in.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I have quite a few. ARC Ref 10 vs CJ GAT(2) ?ARC Ref 10 vs CJ GAT(2) ?ARC Ref 10 vs CJ GAT(2) ?. Matched too. Haven’t tried them. I love the REF10 the way it comes!

Me too! Are there any tubes you don’t have?

Ken

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Me too! Are there any tubes you don’t have?

Ken
    Loads! But I have quite a few. Had a closet custom built to hold them all.

Hi I am new here but longtime looker and longtime audiophile if you talking about statement tube preamp dont forget about less known company for north amerca like Allnic Audio. Their Linestages are less popular compare to phonostages. Their are not much talk about new L7000 linestage and L8000 DHT pre amp but dam good linestages I heard last year in South korea, Audiomentos part owner of Allnic audio matched with M5000 AKA Titans mono blocks with Focal Maestro Evo,Wilson Bensch Cardinal,Dynaudio Master Temptation speakers. It was life time experience I am an owner of their H3000 and T2000 Anniversary Inergrated amp owner so you figured already I love their sound
    L-7000

L-8000 DHT

and mine

Super Moderator

Absolutely beautiful gear. Thank you for your recommendation. I’ve always been interested in Allnic Audio.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hi Joeinid if you interesting either L7000 or L8000 DHT contact Albert Porter from audiogon or you can talk to DR. Park himself he speak english very well.

Super Moderator

Thank you. I’ll have to see if the Ref 10 preamp works out or not.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe

Does Mark Jones still carry Allnic gear? He doesn't seem to visit the site anymore.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Super Moderator

I’m not really sure, but I can ask. I think Sunil (?) in NJ still might carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Joe

Does Mark Jones still carry Allnic gear? He doesn't seem to visit the site anymore.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hi Joe and Jack he is no more Allnic dealer since David Beetle from hammertone audio gave up for north america distributorship to Albert porter. It gave him kind of difficulty dealing with US and weak canadien dollar was not helping either. Now hammertone audio cameback for canada after few years off from audio business.

Super Moderator

Thank you for the history and information. I didn’t realize all the changes.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Since you already have them Mike, do give them a try. I am glad Harlequin suggested them to me.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

So Joe... when is the Ref 10 arriving? I am interested in your opinion... I know it is a completely different level, but I am happy I finally got an ARC pre-amp!!!

Always love hearing your experience with trying new gear ...
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Super Moderator

Hi Randy,

I’m demoing now. It’s insane. Big, smooth, bold, tremendous 3D, wonderful musicality without any aggressive nature. It’s not ARC-like.

Last edited by joeinid; April 14, 2018 at 12:04 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team