Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vitus @ Munich 2018

Just in from my Vitus dealer;-

The other big player in Germany in May of course will be Vitus Audio and they will have a large presence across the Vitus, Purist Audio design and Marten rooms.
    In the main Vitus room the biggest news will be the new RI-101 Integrated amplfier which will make its debut. This is a much improved RI-100 (which hardly needed upgrading) incorporating the superior volume control from its big brother the SIA-025 with more volume steps. The preamp stage is fully balanced, the transformer is all new, new DC modules, better cooling ventilation and pretty much a rework for every component. You can expect even greater neutrality, resolution and microdynamics and overall a sound that is even more Class A-like. UK pricing is expect to be around £12,000.

The actual running system will be the new reference RP-102 phonostage into RL-102 linestage and RS-101 stereo amplifier. A newly updated RD-101 will also be making its debut with an improved DAC and support for Melco. We are not certain on the turntable but the Alluxity Media one will be taking care of streaming duties.
    There is a small possibility that Vitus will also be showing the long anticipated SIA-030. We know there are some timing issues getting it fully ready but hopefully this will be sorted in time for the show. This 'supercharged' SIA-025 is sure to be a very key player in the Lotus portfolio once it is in full production.
    The Vitus Munich room will feature Marten speakers from Sweden and the Marten room will feature full Vitus masterpiece electronics including the two mighty MP-S201's running as monos, so a visit there will be well worth it too. The Purist Audio Deisgn room will also feature a full Masterpiece system fronted by an Alluxity Media one streamer.

Long live Vitus Audio.

Re: Vitus @ Munich 2018

I had the opportunity to have a quick listen to the RI-101 at a dealers. We did some quick A/B comparison with Diablo 120. Both very good and usual caveat of not being my system etc etc but to my ears the RI-101 edged it on better seperation and sound stage. I have not listened to the RI-100 so cannot comment on degree of improvement.

This was listening to music I know quite well on Tidal through Melco -> Esoteric streamer -> Amps.

Quote Originally Posted by R S View Post
    I had the opportunity to have a quick listen to the RI-101 at a dealers. We did some quick A/B comparison with Diablo 120. Both very good and usual caveat of not being my system etc etc but to my ears the RI-101 edged it on better seperation and sound stage. I have not listened to the RI-100 so cannot comment on degree of improvement.

This was listening to music I know quite well on Tidal through Melco -> Esoteric streamer -> Amps.
    Hi, can you please elaborate more how the ri101 sounds?
    Is it warm, transparent, dynamic, .....etc
    I have it on my amp list and would be nice to have a first impression.
    Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sksouri1456 View Post
    Hi, can you please elaborate more how the ri101 sounds?
    Is it warm, transparent, dynamic, .....etc
    I have it on my amp list and would be nice to have a first impression.
    Thks

Hi, trying for the third time to reply... IT illiterate. I thought both were very good - fluid and dynamic. Lots of reviews on how good the Diablo 120 is. Not warm but certainly not cold. Vitus just edged on instrument seperation and wider sound stage but i would admit this is something that would tick audiophile box while long-term living with it is a different thing. Anyway, hope this is somewhat helpful.

I would definitely put on the audition list.

This is an interesting comparison. Vitus RI series integrated becoming comparable to the smaller Diablo integrated would definitely be an improvement compared to the previous version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Wouldn’t GBP12k put it on a price par with the Diablo 300, not the 120? Not sure what UK pricing is for Diablo - just did some rough currency conversion sums comparing GBP12k to Singapore Diablo pricing.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    This is an interesting comparison. Vitus RI series integrated becoming comparable to the smaller Diablo integrated would definitely be an improvement compared to the previous version.

Yes, the dealer seemed quite pleased with the improvement, and also better volume control. I was less pleased as the Diablo 120 is mine!

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    Wouldn’t GBP12k put it on a price par with the Diablo 300, not the 120? Not sure what UK pricing is for Diablo - just did some rough currency conversion sums comparing GBP12k to Singapore Diablo pricing.
    I think you are right with the new pricing. We compared against the Diablo 120 as that is my unit. Has opened a can of worms (upgradeitis) that I was not looking to get into.

Yes, the dealer seemed quite pleased with the improvement, and also better volume control. I was less pleased as the Diablo 120 is mine!
    R S, you’re so funny. But obviously you must agree to some extent at least, as the upgradeitis has hit you.

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

R S, you’re so funny. But obviously you must agree to some extent at least, as the upgradeitis has hit you.

I did agree. Differences not massive though. Just need to do a proper audition of the Vitus RI-101 at home and then.... maybe the Diablo 300 too! Uh-oh!!

I did agree. Differences not massive though. Just need to do a proper audition of the Vitus RI-101 at home and then.... maybe the Diablo 300 too! Uh-oh!!

My shortlist amps so far:
    Diablo 300
    Ypsilon phaeton
    Mbl c51( currently at home for test)
    Vitus101
    Pass lab int250

That’s a good list. Due to time constraints and the spirit of you only live once (and don’t tell the missus) I have somewhat rashly just gone for the Diablo 300... so I should probably get off this manufacturers forum. I’ll be over on the Gryphon one if anyone needs me!!!

Congrats R S. You will love it!
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables

That’s a good list. Due to time constraints and the spirit of you only live once (and don’t tell the missus) I have somewhat rashly just gone for the Diablo 300... so I should probably get off this manufacturers forum. I’ll be over on the Gryphon one if anyone needs me!!!
    Good choice - the reason I was inquiring about it was because it is hard to imagine the RI series Vitus can beat pretty much anyone.

At least the previous iteration was, let’s say, not very impressive.

Good choice - the reason I was inquiring about it was because it is hard to imagine the RI series Vitus can beat pretty much anyone.

Well, that could be fair. I did try and caveat that it was a short RI-101 audition and in the dealers set-up. My 120 was out of the back of the car and straight into action. I liked the 120 but I did think the RI-101 sounded good too and probably edged it. All said, i just bought 300 given all the positivity here and various other factors. Now I am done messing... for a bit.

Well, that could be fair. I did try and caveat that it was a short RI-101 audition and in the dealers set-up. My 120 was out of the back of the car and straight into action. I liked the 120 but I did think the RI-101 sounded good too and probably edged it. All said, i just bought 300 given all the positivity here and various other factors. Now I am done messing... for a bit.

And one more question, have you tried the ri101 with the built in dac?
    Thks

And one more question, have you tried the ri101 with the built in dac?
    Thks

Afraid not. It was apples to apples amplification with DAC handled by esoteric unit. My 120 didn’t have DAC module. Nor does 300. Prefer to keep options open on DAC although am sure in built modules are excellent for both Vitus and Gryphon.

Afraid not. It was apples to apples amplification with DAC handled by esoteric unit. My 120 didn’t have DAC module. Nor does 300. Prefer to keep options open on DAC although am sure in built modules are excellent for both Vitus and Gryphon.

Thks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    What he said

I don’t understand what your first sentence is saying due to lack of punctuation and linking words.
    Is it this...
    "the reason I was inquiring about it was because it is hard to imagine, the RI series Vitus can beat pretty much anyone." Meaning the ri beats everything.

Or this...
    "the reason I was inquiring about it was because it is hard to imagine [that] the RI series Vitus can beat pretty much anyone." Meaning the ri-100 is not world-beating.

And the 'previous iteration' of what? There was no previous iteration of the ri-100. Or do you mean the ri-100 is the previous iteration of the ri-101? But that means you found the ri-100 not mpressive. I’d disagree with that if that is what you are saying.

Oh the wonders of the english language.

Back in 2017 I had a Home demo of the RI-100 vs Luxman pre/power vs Devialet 200 vs Naim 552/250. Vitus won hands down no question.

Another comment on the net http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...t-electronics/
    that indicates that the improvements are real and in the right way.
    Brinkmann Bardo, 10.5, Lyra Skala; Fanfare FT-1; Allnic H1500 SE; Vitus RI101; VS Audio unifield 2 mk2; Shunyata Hydra 8 v2 + King Cobra and Anaconda power cables; MasterBuilt speaker cables and DIY modulation cables.
    (to sell in europe Karan Ref, KAS270)

Audioshark

Sorry, but I have to agree with Kouppis on this one. I believe Penthouse-D agrees as well.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Sorry, but I have to agree with Kouppis on this one. I believe Penthouse-D agrees as well.
    Me too. As a previous owner, I found the RI-100 wanting. The SIA 025 was substantially superior.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesL View Post
    Me too. As a previous owner, I found the RI-100 wanting. The SIA 025 was substantially superior.

Yes the SIA-025 is extraordinarily good.

Mike, Who is Penthouse-D?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by duckworp View Post
    Mike, Who is Penthouse-D?
    Jim. He’s on here.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

I have high hopes for the RI-101 but have to agree with others about the RI-100. It was the most expensive amp I home demoed (the unit was routed to me after the Absolute Sound review) but other than being VERY dynamic it left me cold. I felt the same about their reference series stereo amp in a system I heard extensively. Also, I believe the phono module was abandoned during development which at the time was an issue for me.

Living Room System: Mac Mini > PS Audio PWD MKII/ Marantz TT-15 Turntable w/ Ortofon Cadenza Bronze> Musical Fidelity LX2LPS> Primaluna Dialogue Premium> Klipsch Forte III

Interesting comments. Whilst I ended up buying the SIA-025 Class A Vitus amp I spent a long time comparing these at home:
    Naim 552 + 300 (£25k),
    Luxman C700U + M-700U (£12k),
    Devialet 200 (£6k), and the
    Vitus RI-100 (£10k).

I wrote a long review elsewhere on the internet describing my experience and comparing these amps. But in a nutshell the summary was as follows:

Naim - coloured in parts, boosted lower-mid, digital treble, lack of spatial depth, fatiguing, rhythmically exciting and toe-tapping.
    Luxman - soft, warm, velvety, enveloping, lacking on electronic music, poor detail, muddled in complex music.
    Devialet - very similar to the Naim but not as good (but one-quarter of the price).
    Vitus - organic, detailed, warm, huge depth, sweet treble, neutral mid, tight tight bass, musical. By far the best.

If you want a link to the review please PM me.

I'm pretty agreeable Mike. Exactly what are we agreeing on? Personally, I think you'd have to be out of your mind to pay that kind of $$ for an RI-101 when there are a ton of used RI-100's out there for 35% of the price of the new RI-101.I've seen new closeout RI-100's for well under $10K.For that matter, why not buy a used SIA-025, which there will be plenty of when the SIA-030 finally is released? Additionally,after June 1, you're right up there with the T+A PA3100HV which will most likely put it to shame. I did own an SIA-025, which I enjoyed very much. In a totally different league than the R series... I owned the 2 piece version of the RI-100, I believe the amp was an RD-100, years ago before Vitus was popular.. It was OK...
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    I'm pretty agreeable Mike. Exactly what are we agreeing on? Personally, I think you'd have to be out of your mind to pay that kind of $$ for an RI-101 when there are a ton of used RI-100's out there for 35% of the price of the new RI-101.I've seen new closeout RI-100's for well under $10K.For that matter, why not buy a used SIA-025, which there will be plenty of when the SIA-030 finally is released? Additionally,after June 1, you're right up there with the T+A PA3100HV which will most likely put it to shame. I did own an SIA-025, which I enjoyed very much. In a totally different league than the R series... I owned the 2 piece version of the RI-100, I believe the amp was an RD-100, years ago before Vitus was popular.. It was OK...

I think your thinking about the RS-100. I had a dealer send me one & I swore at him after I listened to it, it was crap. From there I went to Ayon Epsilon mono's, now they were in another galaxy let alone a better post code compared to that R series amp!! I forgave the dealer after hearing the Ayon's

Yes Sharkmouth, you are correct. I'm old and forgetful.. .Thanks!
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

I was recently selling RI-100 for a friend in 9/10 condition. We were not able to sell it for $7k, then $6k. We have sold it for $5k eventually, to a local guy, who have tried it in his system, after trying several other amps in $5k range (new and used).
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

I would like to share my impressions of the vitus ri100 cause i didn t find any other threads.
    My friend bought the ri 100 yesterday and tried it full night with his sabrina, and was totally impressed and choked how better it was compared to his ex devialet pro220.
    He brought it over to my home today, and we tested it , with my sabrina, against the mbl c51 i have on extended loan.
    While the ri100 is fantastic, in all audiophile aspects, it did not convince me, or my friend though , on musicality.
    The only aspect it lacked in my opinion was the midrange.
    My friend and i , concluded hands down that mbl musicality( midrange) was far superior, eventhough it lacked the grip,dynamic of the ri100.
    The built in dac is superb as well.
    The mbl is a winner tonight, let s wait for the big brother sia25 coming soon in my system.
    Thks

Vitus @ Munich 2018

I had a visitor in my system yesterday:

That is the new RI-101, where Vitus say they have changed quite a bit on the front-end and improved power management. Definitely looks nice.

- very solid and well defined bass

On the fence:
    - similar to Sksouri’s comment, too little life in the midrange
    - lack of Pass-type sweetness in the highs, no sparkling
    - not a match for Pass in soundstaging/ imaging (which does not mean it is not good, this is just an absolute Pass stronghold)

It was kind of nice sound, but did not elicit any uuhs and aahs. Bass was actually a bit too much and a bit boomy. Maybe a good fit for more light-footed speakers.

I would like to share my impressions of the vitus ri100 cause i didn t find any other threads.
    My friend bought the ri 100 yesterday and tried it full night with his sabrina, and was totally impressed and choked how better it was compared to his ex devialet pro220.
    He brought it over to my home today, and we tested it , with my sabrina, against the mbl c51 i have on extended loan.
    While the ri100 is fantastic, in all audiophile aspects, it did not convince me, or my friend though , on musicality.
    The only aspect it lacked in my opinion was the midrange.
    My friend and i , concluded hands down that mbl musicality( midrange) was far superior, eventhough it lacked the grip,dynamic of the ri100.
    The built in dac is superb as well.
    The mbl is a winner tonight, let s wait for the big brother sia25 coming soon in my system.
    Thks
    Let us know how it went. The SIA-025 is a killer amp in my book. I have sold friend's RI-100 for $5k, which is great value IMO, but you need a DAC on the warmer side of neutral.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Let us know how it went. The SIA-025 is a killer amp in my book. I have sold friend's RI-100 for $5k, which is great value IMO, but you need a DAC on the warmer side of neutral.
    My friend bought the ri100 with built in dac for 9,5k usd.

Kuoppis, are you sure this is the new RI-101 - it should be with two rows of ventilation holes on each side of the top pannel - RI-100 is with 2 rows total, RI-101 with 4 -
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, yes I am. It was demoed by Vitus Audio Vitus @ Munich 2018.

I am not intimately familiar with their product lines, but your picture looks like the SS-103. That is a power amp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nataraja View Post
    Kuoppis, are you sure this is the new RI-101 - it should be with two rows of ventilation holes on each side of the top pannel - RI-100 is with 2 rows total, RI-101 with 4 -
    I do have the Ri-101 since almost two weeks home: Nataraja is right.

This amp is very good better than my Karan combo. Since I heard only the SS-103 in another system several months ago, I can not say so much compare to the signature serie. To be honest, the ri-101 is not as good as the Ypsilon integrated.
    Brinkmann Bardo, 10.5, Lyra Skala; Fanfare FT-1; Allnic H1500 SE; Vitus RI101; VS Audio unifield 2 mk2; Shunyata Hydra 8 v2 + King Cobra and Anaconda power cables; MasterBuilt speaker cables and DIY modulation cables.

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post

This amp is very good better than my Karan combo. Since I heard only the SS-103 in another system several months ago, I can not say so much compare to the signature serie. To be honest, the ri-101 is not as good as the Ypsilon integrated.
    R u referring to the phaeton from ypsilon?
    Can you develop how good it is pls?

Vitus @ Munich 2018

So you’re saying Vitus Audio came to my house to demo the RI-101 and unfortunately packed the wrong one? I mean for the entire dealer tour my demo was combined with? I-i-i-i-i don’t think so Vitus @ Munich 2018. But it might be a proto, housed in a RI-100 case. That would be possible.

Audioshark

So you’re saying Vitus Audio came to my house to demo the RI-101 and unfortunately packed the wrong one? I mean for the entire dealer tour my demo was combined with? I-i-i-i-i don’t think so Vitus @ Munich 2018. But it might be de proto, housed in a RI-101 case. That would be possible.

Kouppis - be careful. It could be a 100 upgraded?? You just don’t know. The guys are giving good precautions here.

With my Masterpiece Phonostage, things were not clear as to what was what. When I peeled back the onion, I ended up with a much earlier iteration than I had thought I had.

Kouppis - be careful. It could be a 100 upgraded?? You just don’t know. The guys are giving good precautions here.

With my Masterpiece Phonostage, things were not clear as to what was what. When I peeled back the onion, I ended up with a much earlier iteration than I had thought I had.

Mike, I would not rule that out. It could well have been an R&D unit, as mentioned earlier.

Hans Ole was participating in the conversation when we agreed the demo in Munich. So the demo unit definitely came from the core of Vitus R&D and I would not be surprised if it was an early sample. Adding the second row of air intakes would also make sense as the front end and power section have undergone changes and might need more ventilation.

If I am following this correctly, I am astonished that there could be any confusion over what model amp one is listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    If I am following this correctly, I am astonished that there could be any confusion over what model amp one is listening to.
    The unit was the new RI-101, which I wanted to hear but which was not shown in Munich (they just had the power amp). Hence we agreed the demo.

But it is possible that it was an R&D sample, as it came directly from Vitus. I inquired if that was the case and will probably know tomorrow.

Vitus @ Munich 2018

Hi Kuppois,
    Thanks for sharing your experience. All in all, I’m also amazed that there’s even a possibility of confusion in the first place. Should have been more diligent.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Hi Kuppois,
    Thanks for sharing your experience. All in all, I’m also amazed that there’s even a possibility of confusion in the first place. Should have been more diligent.
    Thanks Kzhtoo. I was not even thinking of the amp exterior to be honest, as the RI-101 is an upgrade of the RI-100. So I would not expect a very much different housing.

But at least I got to hear it in my system, which is the real thing.

Mike, I would not rule that out. It could well have been an R&D unit, as mentioned earlier.

Hans Ole was participating in the conversation when we agreed the demo in Munich. So the demo unit definitely came from the core of Vitus R&D and I would not be surprised if it was an early sample. Adding the second row of air intakes would also make sense as the front end and power section have undergone changes and might need more ventilation.

Can you check on the back of the amplifier, the model. On my amp, it is written 'RI-101', I just checked.
    You may have a prototype.

Can you check on the back of the amplifier, the model. On my amp, it is written 'RI-101', I just checked.
    You may have a prototype.
    Benito, the amp was in my system just for a day. But I’ve sent a question to Vitus asking for clarification.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Vitus @ Munich 2018