Taking my AMG V12 for a spin...
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the title is borrowed from Alan Sircom’s stellar review of the AMG Viella with the 12” tonerarm a couple years back. Nevetheless, I’m spinning it and loving it.

This really is a stellar ‘table, so much better than what I had before. The Prime was great as an entry table, but the Vpi had to go. I grew tired of the wobbling unipivot arm and the constant feeling of having to adjust.

Bought it with the frog green AMG Teatro, which is also quite a step-up from the Ortofon Cadenza Bronze I had. Quite a bit more of everything, and more thereness. Even my wife said it feels like the artist is sitting in the room in front of you.

Spinning it with the brand new Holly Cole album I just received today. A good start with the new vinyl spinner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 with Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon with AQ Vodka RJ45/ Brinkmann Nyquist/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Pass Labs X250.8/ WyWires Platinum IC + speaker + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Shunyata Triton+AlphaHC+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster PSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 3PSR2/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Audirvana/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ HD Plex linear PSU/ Charleston Cable Company Cardas Custom/ Sennheiser HD800/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ AudioTekne Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taking my AMG V12 for a spin...

sweet congrats!!! i love that table, and the arm is wonderful too!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

3. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Viella comes with the excellent 12” 12J2 tonearm, which reduces tracking error due to its length. It has very nice advanced adjustment properties.

So far I am really excited about the purchase, really an excellent turntable and tonearm.

Sound-wise this one does so much more than my previous rig. The detail and immediacy of the sound are really exquisite.

Big rig: AMG V12 with Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon with AQ Vodka RJ45/ Brinkmann Nyquist/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Pass Labs X250.8/ WyWires Platinum IC + speaker + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Shunyata Triton+AlphaHC+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster PSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 3PSR2/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Audirvana/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ HD Plex linear PSU/ Charleston Cable Company Cardas Custom/ Sennheiser HD800/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ AudioTekne Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petro85 View Post
    sweet congrats!!! i love that table, and the arm is wonderful too!!
    Thank you, very kind. I definitely like what I am hearing .

Post Thanks / Like

oh my...! such a nice TT - and looks spectacular sans wood skirt... congrats. can't wait to hear impressions.
    t+a dac 8 dsd > almarro a318b > viking acoustics berlin r mk-ii | alp-tone audio alp.wE cables

7. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aKnyght View Post
    oh my...! such a nice TT - and looks spectacular sans wood skirt... congrats. can't wait to hear impressions.
    Thank you, and yes, I also like the modern look.

I was originally interested in the Brinkmann Bardo, but the AMG is so much better when comparing them head-to-head a couple weeks back. The V12 also leaves the higher spec Brinkmann Balance in the dust.

Background is of course that AMG founder, late Werner Röschlau manufactured the Brinkmann turntables for ten years before introducing his own design. The V12 bearing is just unique and has a leg up compared to most other designs.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you win the lottery ? Lol. New dac , new TT and Cart. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Did you win the lottery ? Lol. New dac , new TT and Cart. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Paul, good question, but unfortunately no.

But as coincidence has it, I sold a 1969 280 SL with a 200% margin I bought in the US close to two decades ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Well, the title is borrowed from Alan Sircom’s stellar review of the AMG Viella with the 12” tonerarm a couple years back. Nevetheless, I’m spinning it and loving it.

This really is a stellar ‘table, so much better than what I had before. The Prime was great as an entry table, but the Vpi had to go. I grew tired of the wobbling unipivot arm and the constant feeling of having to adjust.

Bought it with the frog green AMG Teatro, which is also quite a step-up from the Ortofon Cadenza Bronze I had. Quite a bit more of everything, and more thereness. Even my wife said it feels like the artist is sitting in the room in front of you.

Spinning it with the brand new Holly Cole album I just received today. A good start with the new vinyl spinner.

Awesome table. I have the turbo arm version . Basically the same just easier to adjust etc. Congrats on a great table and really liking the clean setup , no skirt w/stillpoints looks great.
    DarTZeel,Avantgarde,Air Tight,AMG,MSB

13. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, appreciate it. The sound is phenomenal.

I feel like I only just now have started really listening to vinyl.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast