What’s the big deal with class ‘D’ anyhow ? - Page 9
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What’s the big deal with class ‘D’ anyhow ?

and wht do you think about Technics SE-R1 ?

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone here heard the Auralic Merak monoblock amps? They are class D.
    Integrated amp: Symphonic Line La Music Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Streamer: Auralic Aries LE DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit Phono amp: RCM Sensor Prelude Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 Interlinks Ansuz X Digital Interlinks Anzus Digitals A USB Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, POM, Aluminium, and two X series Audio Rack: Solid Steel H6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    I haven't tried myself but I have heard of people comparing with Nord’s and they preferred the Hypex based class D of the Nord’s. I believe there is a thread on the Nord’s running on this forum you might want to check out. If you can stretch your budget then I recommend one of the Hypex Nc1200 based amplifiers, notably the Mola Mola Kaluga’s which can pretty much drive any loudspeaker with ease and control. I know people that have given up on their five times more expensive class A amps for the Kaluga’s.
    UK audio dealer for: Mola Mola, Boenicke, Lumin, Fidata, Sablon, SteinMusic, Kii, www.toetapaudio.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    I haven't tried myself but I have heard of people comparing with Nord’s and they preferred the Hypex based class D of the Nord’s. I believe there is a thread on the Nord’s running on this forum you might want to check out. If you can stretch your budget then I recommend one of the Hypex Nc1200 based amplifiers, notably the Mola Mola Kaluga’s which can pretty much drive any loudspeaker with ease and control. I know people that have given up on their five times more expensive class A amps for the Kaluga’s.
    I'll look into the Nord's thread. The Meraks are second hand about 2-2.5k for a set. The Mola Mola Kaluga are 7k second hand
    Integrated amp: Symphonic Line La Music Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Streamer: Auralic Aries LE DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit Phono amp: RCM Sensor Prelude Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 Interlinks Ansuz X Digital Interlinks Anzus Digitals A USB Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, POM, Aluminium, and two X series Audio Rack: Solid Steel H6

Post Thanks / Like

I'll look into the Nord's thread. The Meraks are second hand about 2-2.5k for a set. The Mola Mola Kaluga are 7k second hand
    MM really worth the stretch. Nord’s are about £2k new.
    UK audio dealer for: Mola Mola, Boenicke, Lumin, Fidata, Sablon, SteinMusic, Kii, www.toetapaudio.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    MM really worth the stretch. Nord’s are about £2k new.
    I'm not sure but I think my speakers could with better amps. I really don't know yet. Right now I use 7m long speaker cables. The idea is to maybe use longer interlink for separate pre/power combo. But I don't know. I love spending money on audio, but maybe I should keep my set as is for a few years.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure but I think my speakers could with better amps. I really don't know yet. Right now I use 7m long speaker cables. The idea is to maybe use longer interlink for separate pre/power combo. But I don't know. I love spending money on audio, but maybe I should keep my set as is for a few years.
    The Nords and the Mola Mola’s come as monos so it is possible to use much shorter speaker cable runs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Bart,

When you switch from toobs and buy your Mola Mola , i will come and listen , until then save your breath ...

Ha!
    Maybe for a second system!
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Halgorythme - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard the Merak in a different system (but same speakers as mine). In the same system, the Usher audio amps, which is class A/B, sounded better than the Merak. The Merak's do have a Class A input stage with Class D output.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devg View Post
    I have heard the Merak in a different system (but same speakers as mine). In the same system, the Usher audio amps, which is class A/B, sounded better than the Merak. The Merak's do have a Class A input stage with Class D output.
    Note also that the Meraks use the Hypex UcD technology, not Ncore. Additionally they are transformer coupled, which probably has more to do with the way they sound than anything else.
    Product Development Consultant for Sonore

Audirvana Plus-Sonore Signature Rendu SE-Buffalo PRO (ESS 9038)/Mercury I/V stage DAC-NC400 amp-Focus Audio FS-888 speakers-JL E112 sub-Synergistic Powercell 8 UEF-Nordost Tyr USB cable-Nordost Frey analog cables-DIY power cables

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast