Headphones, got any favorites? - Page 7
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headphones, got any favorites?

Welcome to the forum Phil, thank you for joining.
    Joe

JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently sold my great sounding but incredibly heavy and uncomfortable Audeze LCD XC phones and bought a pair of MrSpeakers Aeon Flow closed 'phones. They sound great. While perhaps not quite as transparent and detailed as my HD800s, they provide much more isolation when the house is noisy (e.g. the washer/dryer is running, my wife is watching TV in the kitchen, etc.), and they are vastly more comfortable than the Audeze phones.
    DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB 13 Ultra subwoofer; Prima Luna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD/CD player; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Musical Surroundings Nova II phono stage; Sennheiser HD800S and MrSpeakers Aeon Flow (closed) headphones
    ~John~

Post Thanks / Like

A headphone topic and no one mentions Beyerdynamic or Audio Technica. While I only use headphone when playing computer games or watching YouTube. These two brands are IMHO iconic. The ATH-AD700 I have is so comfortable. My girlfriend is very happy with her D990 edition.

If my Audio Technica was to die, I would buy the current incarnation in a minute.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Streamer: Auralic Aries LE DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 RCA Interlink: Ansuz X, XLR Interlink: Purist Audio Design - Venustas Digital Interlinks Anzus Digitals A USB Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, and two X series Audio Rack: Solid Steel H6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    A headphone topic and no one mentions Beyerdynamic or Audio Technica. While I only use headphone when playing computer games or watching YouTube. These two brands are IMHO iconic. The ATH-AD700 I have is so comfortable. My girlfriend is very happy with her D990 edition.

If my Audio Technica was to die, I would buy the current incarnation in a minute.
    See post #59.
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI CLASSIC 3/Ortofon A95> Nordost Valhalla XLR> ASR Basis Exclusive> Wireworld Gold XLR--->

Digital: AURENDER N10> Nordost Valhalla AES/EBU> CARY 306 SACD PRO>> WW Plat XLR--->

===> Cary SLP-05>> WW Gold XLR> Bryston 28B-SST2>> WW Silver> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES

[Klaudio/Shunyata/Furutech/Blue Circle/SRA/Adona/ Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

Post Thanks / Like

We - along with customers - have really liked the Mr. Speakers headphones - both for sound quality and comfort. Weight / comfort has been an issue for many with Audeze, by comparison, although they've recently introduced many reduced weight versions of their popular models. We've not yet had a chance to try the new modifications to the Mr. Speakers Ether models (i.e. 1.1 models). We expect to have those available soon to retrofit our floor models.

I do have to say though that the clarity & dynamics - particularly the bass performance - of the the Focal models have stolen the show lately. We're very eagerly awaiting the all new Elegia closed back model, and with any luck we'll have them to demo at the upcoming Capital Audio Fest (Washington DC area : Nov 2-4). We'll be having special Focal headphone promotions - so make sure to visit!
    Dealers for : AMG Turntables, Aesthetix, Ansuz Acoustics, Astell & Kern, Audeze, Audio Desk, Aurender, Ayre Acoustics, Benz Micro, Berkeley Audio, Brinkmann, Chord, Clearaudio, Devore Fidelity, Focal, Hegel, Innuos, Isotek, JL Audio, Line Magnetic, Magico, Mr Speakers, MSB, Musical Surroundings, Naim, Ortofon, Primaluna, Rogue, Sutherland, Stillpoints, VPI, Wireworld, Zesto and more!

Phone : 703-532-7239

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on the performance and comfort of the MrSpeaker Ether model. Wonderful headphone. Unfortunately, I can't keep everything, therefore I have a pair for sale with every extra anyone could want for them. Check out the for sale section of the forum!

http://www.audioshark.org/showthread.php?t=15208
    Audio Research LS17SE; T+A AMP8, DAC8 DSD; McIntosh MC754; W4S Recovery; Falcon NW Tiki; KEF R700, R400b, M500
    Dennis Had Dragon Inspire IHA-1; Focal Clear; MrSpeakers Ether; Oppo BDP-105; Technics ST-9030; Ayre Pono
    Richard Gray Power; W4S C2; Kimber Kable 12TC, 8VS; AudioQuest Niagara 1000, Earth XLR, Anaconda XLR, Coffee USB x2
    {Pangea/WW/W4S/AQ/Gingko/PS Audio/Get Better Sound/Roon/HQPlayer/Cardas/Rothwell}

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7