Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Invert Phase

Invert Phase

Does the Invert Phase function in the Lumin app effect playback through Roon? I tried it and there
    was no delay between switching, which as I recall back when I played through the Lumin app that
    there was a delay. Thanks
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

Re: Invert Phase

Does the U1 have invert phase option?
    Tannoy Westminster GR and ST-200 Supertweeter, Finale Audio 300B Mono's, Thoress Full Function Preamp, Thoress 845 Mono's, Found Music 2A3 Mono's, , Line Magnetic 219IA, Lumin A1, Lumin U1, EMM Labs DAC-2X, Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC, Sansui TU-717, Kenwood KT-7500, Belden 8402 IC's, Duelund 16GA speaker wire

Look for it the Lumin App under "Options"
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

It should take effect immediately, although the behavior is different when playing from Roon and from Lumin app.

U1 does not support the invert phase feature.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I've studied this further and it needs a firmware modification for handling invert phase setting change during Roon playback.

Until the next firmware is released, if it is desired to change the invert phase setting during Roon playback, please pause for 10 seconds after the change, before resuming playback.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Willco View Post
    Does the Invert Phase function in the Lumin app effect playback through Roon? I tried it and there
    was no delay between switching, which as I recall back when I played through the Lumin app that
    there was a delay. Thanks

Invert Phase is a misnomer. I believe its actually a polarity inverter.
    Gene

Schiit Yggdrasil DAC / Pangea Audio Premier XL twin lead USB cable/ WyWires Blue balanced cables/ Schiit Freya S Preamp /TDSS modified NuPrime ST-10 amplifier/ Audience 1+1 V3 speakers / Audience Ar6 TSSD power conditioner. NoNoise Fanless SDD computer/ BBE 282ir / Litz cabling all around.

Invert Phase

Is the invert phase in lumin app is basically same like your swap the + and - in your speaker cables?
    Jesse

Thales Slim II ( EMT 75G) , Audio Technica ART-9
    Lumin X1 - Melco N1A/2
    Accuphase 2420, A48, C37
    Tannoy Kenn. GR

Cables: Ansuz Mainz (Dtc,diamond) PC - Shunyata Alpha Digital PC - Western Electric IC - Western Electric 1960 SC - Audioquest Vodka Ethernet
    Power Cond: Sound Application SA-240TZ

Quote Originally Posted by Milk_vanilla View Post
    Is the invert phase in lumin app is basically same like your swap the + and - in your speaker cables?
    Yes. This may be useful for some CD, or some amplifier with XLR pin 3 hot instead of pin 2 hot.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Invert Phase