Do you use an integrated in your main system? - Page 8
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you use an integrated in your main system?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I graduated from receivers to integrated amps. It became an affordable way to enter into the higher end, going from Japanese integrated to Krell. Then onto to separates.

I wouldn't have a problem with an integrated again. It could be a way to move upward if I could afford something like a Gamuet, I think D'Agostino is in the same range. I have no idea what Vitus, Solution or Griffin cost, but integrated is a way to get a taste if not able to afford the separates.

I could easily live with an Octave Audio, I really like the Devaliet or Naim, to mention a couple. Although I like integrated, I'd attempt to draw the line at built in DAC. I said, attempt, the Devaliet has it and does a great job. Probably not an issue if it was made to upgrade as you go.

I'm sure that new Thrax integrated sounds great.

Isn't Job the same issue as ASR where there are no U.S. distributors or service.
    ASR has gone through at least 3 U.S. distributors, but the current distributor is Audioarts out of NY: http://www.audioarts.co/
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI CLASSIC 3/Ortofon Cadenza Black> Nordost Valhalla> ASR Basis Exclusive> Wireworld Gold XLR--->

Digital: AURENDER N10> WW Gold AES/EBU> CARY 306 SACD PRO>> WW Plat XLR--->

===> Cary SLP-05>> WW Gold XLR> Bryston 28B-SST2>> WW Silver> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES

[Klaudio/Shunyata/Furutech/SRA/Adona/ Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m sure the Viva is wonderful. I loved their sound from the first time I heard them on Magico speakers. A pairing that I would not have expected. It was wonderful.

I always wanted to try Lamm and came close but could never find the right deal.

I have to be honest, I still have the Cary 300BSE because I’m a little too lazy to photograph them and list them. I don’t have speakers that truly work well with them and the tubes most likely need replacement. I’m not sure how easily it will sell without tubes. I’m sure someone wants to unpack and play but I’m not sure if I want to spend the money retubing them for a sale. By the time I’m done, how much can I clear?

Quote Originally Posted by Smp View Post
    Joe, I sometimes switch in my Viva Solistino to run my Sf Stradivaris (in place of LAMM ML2.2s or Unison Research Reference). The Solistino snaps at their heels and in my 7m x 5m x 4m room has no problem making great music with the Strads........it is however, usually driving DeVore Orangutan 0/96s.

Interestingly, I notice that you appear to be holding onto your Cary CAD300SE Signatures - I am holding onto a pair as well...........sorry drifted off topic.
    Joe

D'Agostino M400 monos, McIntosh MCLK12, Luxman C900u, Job INTegrated, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier.

Post Thanks / Like

sounding exceptional too
    modwright 36.5dm . msb s200 . Marantz sa8005, bel canto 3.5 vbs , bel canto fm1 tuner . harbeth shl5 plus and frugalhorn

Post Thanks / Like

How about the under appreciated Rogers EHF200MKII? Recently had a great writeup in The Absolute Sound's CES edition. I've owned one. Very hard to beat for the $$$$. T.A.S. wrote the same. 112 watts class A. Sweet.......
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Magico S3s.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8