Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Banned

Auralic Aries G2

Anyone have any experience with the new G2? I have one coming in for demo, but thought maybe some have experiences already and they would like to share.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DSkip

Re: Auralic Aries G2

I don't but I'm looking forward to your impressions. I currently run the Aries and Altair in different systems.

I've had my eye on the Aires G2 since word of its release came out. Great looking unit and from what I see, their app is very good too. I've gone cold on it though from reading that there are some serious problems with the USB output causing communication problems with numerous DACs. Folks are either not getting any connection at all or lots of popping noises. I hope you have a different experience!

Banned

I plan to use AES with one DAC and the other doesn’t use or need 5v so I don’t expect any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tdimler View Post
    I've had my eye on the Aires G2 since word of its release came out. Great looking unit and from what I see, their app is very good too. I've gone cold on it though from reading that there are some serious problems with the USB output causing communication problems with numerous DACs. Folks are either not getting any connection at all or lots of popping noises. I hope you have a different experience!
    That was an issue also when the original Aries came out. Auralic "overdrives" the USB port, so a lot of audiophile USB cables, who are not 100% up to USB spec, won't work properly with it.

At the time, the bundled USB cable worked perfectly, while some of the third-party USB cables I had didn't... I guess that's still an issue...

Banned

Yggdrasil is working perfect with my lowly Cinnamon USB cable. My Resonessence is at the spa getting a signature make over so can’t test it yet.

Banned

I love having Roon and Apple Air play both active, no more silly sotm web page reconfiguration and one or the other.

Finally enjoying my Qobuz subscription.

It’s rather heavy/solid, has stabilization built into it's feet and looks fantastic. No issues with USB and the recommended wi-fi has been rock solid.

First review I've found of it:

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/art...aries-g2/25939

Banned

My Resonessence Mirus Signature Pro got back to me today. I also moved up to the Audioquest Carbon USB cable and Aries G2 caused no issues with either.

So 2 different DACs and 2 different all be it Audioquest USB cables and all is fine.

Banned

Played with the SmartIR today. Programmed the G2 with my McIntosh Preamp remotes playback controls. Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Next Track, Previous Track and I added the ability to Power Up/Down the Aries with the Record button from my remote.

I have no other hardware to control so it only made sense to make use of those remote buttons.

I'm using the G2 in Roon mode and it talks back to the Roon Core to perform all the above functions. Very nice!!

This device has gotten my interest. Any opinion on the Lightning DS app?

Another review is up at Positive Feedback.
    Antipodes EX…Schiit Yggdrasil...Coda 07x…Peachtree GaN400...Vivid V1.5
    Intona Premium USB…Cerious Graphene Extreme XLR...Double Helix Cables Chaperone XLR...Acoustic Revive SPC-PA
    Torus RM15...Shunyata Alpha HC…Mad Scientist First...HF Reveal...XLO Ref 3

mauidan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mrppv View Post
    This device has gotten my interest. Any opinion on the Lightning DS app?

Another review is up at Positive Feedback.
    I've only used it for Qobuz and configuration so I don't really have a good feel for how you might want to use it. The Lightning DS Qobuz interface isn't as good as the macOS app, but probably equivalent to the mobile version.

It works well with the Yggdrasil and gives you every connection you could want to it. So if you prefer AES or USB it's there for you.

Currently the Yggdrasil is off to the side powered on, the Mirus Signature Pro is on the Aries getting time.

The mac iOS app is what I'm interested in.

I like MPaD app, which I'm using with my BDP-2, but it hasn't been supported /updated for a long time. If I update the iPad OS, MPaD will become unusable.

Also have the Soundirok app which is ok but not as good IMO. Brytston's own control app is also not quite there.

Mostly wondering if the Aries app is on the same level as Lumin's and Aurender's, both of which get high praise.
    Intona Premium USB…Cerious Graphene Extreme XLR...Double Helix Cables Chaperone XLR...Acoustic Revive SPC-PA

From $1500 to $4k. Wow.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

I've use Lightning DS, the Oppo Sonica app, the Lumin app and mControl on the Directstream Bridge II and of the four I prefer Lightning DS. All were used with an iPad Mini and then the new iPad. The Aurender I have never used. To me the AES output is the best sounding.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mrppv View Post
    The mac iOS app is what I'm interested in.

I like MPaD app, which I'm using with my BDP-2, but it hasn't been supported /updated for a long time. If I update the iPad OS, MPaD will become unusable.

Also have the Soundirok app which is ok but not as good IMO. Brytston's own control app is also not quite there.

Mostly wondering if the Aries app is on the same level as Lumin's and Aurender's, both of which get high praise.
    Part of the reason I decided to try it in the first place was most reviews of Aries always mention the awesome control app.

Read some of the reviews on the other various Aries streamers and the Altair, they all use the same control app.

Thanks Jack & Dr Tone; that's helpful.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    From $1500 to $4k. Wow.
    They still sell the Aries, it’s price hasn’t changed as far as I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tone View Post
    Played with the SmartIR today. Programmed the G2 with my McIntosh Preamp remotes playback controls. Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Next Track, Previous Track and I added the ability to Power Up/Down the Aries with the Record button from my remote.

I have no other hardware to control so it only made sense to make use of those remote buttons.

I'm using the G2 in Roon mode and it talks back to the Roon Core to perform all the above functions. Very nice!!
    What is your Roon core running on?
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    What is your Roon core running on?
    It was on my iMac, but this morning I spun up Rock on a my old gaming machine. i7 3770, 16GB and a 160GB SSD.

Have been impressed by Auralic pedigree and have had my eye on the Altair until I started reading about the Vega G2, which reads very impressive. I’ve heard a lot about Apps in this thread, but what I’m really interested in is how Auralic components sound, Altair and Vega G2 in particular. What kind of music are they best suited for? I’m an opera and classical music buff for example. How do they handle simple music, like solo piano, solo violin, solo guitar, or especially operatic sopranos, which on lesser components can sometimes sound shrill or edgy. If they are a bit on the warm side, that’d probably be good.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Echolane View Post
    Have been impressed by Auralic pedigree and have had my eye on the Altair until I started reading about the Vega G2, which reads very impressive. I’ve heard a lot about Apps in this thread, but what I’m really interested in is how Auralic components sound, Altair and Vega G2 in particular. What kind of music are they best suited for? I’m an opera and classical music buff for example. How do they handle simple music, like solo piano, solo violin, solo guitar, or especially operatic sopranos, which on lesser components can sometimes sound shrill or edgy. If they are a bit on the warm side, that’d probably be good.

Welcome to AS! I too favor a warmer tone and rich midrange. I have not heard the Vega 2 or the Altair but I have heard the Original Vega and was not impressed. It is definitely not warm. I am not sure how it compares to the 2 you are looking at. If you want warm, consider my Luxman DA-06 (still a Stereophile Class A+ DAC), Hugo Chord 2, Marantz NA11s1. I have the Luxman and owned the Marantz. The Marantz had the best tone for piano and vocals along with excellent texture. Others to consider are the PSA DSD since it allows you to tailor the sound with different software packages. A friend of mine loves the slightly warmer tone of the latest software release. Another is the T+A DAC8 but it needs HQ Player at 8x DSD to sound its best. It is a fabulous DAC.

I am sure others will chime in with recommendations as there are a lot of DAC's to choose from.

Larry
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnutt View Post
    Welcome to AS! I too favor a warmer tone and rich midrange. I have not heard the Vega 2 or the Altair but I have heard the Original Vega and was not impressed. It is definitely not warm. I am not sure how it compares to the 2 you are looking at. If you want warm, consider my Luxman DA-06 (still a Stereophile Class A+ DAC), Hugo Chord 2, Marantz NA11s1. I have the Luxman and owned the Marantz. The Marantz had the best tone for piano and vocals along with excellent texture. Others to consider are the PSA DSD since it allows you to tailor the sound with different software packages. A friend of mine loves the slightly warmer tone of the latest software release. Another is the T+A DAC8 but it needs HQ Player at 8x DSD to sound its best. It is a fabulous DAC.

I am sure others will chime in with recommendations as there are a lot of DAC's to choose from.

Larry
    Thanks for comments, but it’s the last sentence that I’ll respond to because I’ve just been offered a used Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC Series 2. I had no intention of spending that amount of money, but after reading every review I could find, it sounds almost impossible to resist. Though I have yet to scour the forums for real world opinions. Or should I say more down to earth opinions. Has anyone listened to it? If I would choose it, I’ve considered adding a Naim Uniti Core in front of the Berkeley, and saving some cash by ripping my own cd collection instead of hiring out that job.

That Berkeley is great for sure. Also consider a used Lampizator. Lampi's are beautiful sounding DAC's.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnutt View Post
    That Berkeley is great for sure. Also consider a used Lampizator. Lampi's are beautiful sounding DAC's.
    Oh my gosh, you’ve introduced me to a product design company and philosophy that pushed all my buttons in a good way. I don’t think I have the $$$ to play at that level even for used. It’s $22k for their top of the line DAC, for example. But, yes, I would love to hear what they sound like!

Also, brings up the tubes vs solid state issue. I have two tube amps, a CD player with tubes, a phono stage with tubes. It all seemed like a great sounding idea when I bought them, but I’m not really enjoying the maintenance side of ownership. There’s the knowing when it’s time to replace tubes problem, there’s the cost of doing it problem, and for me the worst part is unhooking all the interconnect wires so my husband can transport the 50 lb amps in to our dealer to have those tubes changed. I haven’t been able to change tubes myself. In fact, I might have harmed one of my amplifiers trying to do it myself. :-(

Oh my gosh, you’ve introduced me to a product design company and philosophy that pushed all my buttons in a good way. I don’t think I have the $$$ to play at that level even for used. It’s $22k for their top of the line DAC, for example. But, yes, I would love to hear what they sound like!

Also, brings up the tubes vs solid state issue. I have two tube amps, a CD player with tubes, a phono stage with tubes. It all seemed like a great sounding idea when I bought them, but I’m not really enjoying the maintenance side of ownership. There’s the knowing when it’s time to replace tubes problem, there’s the cost of doing it problem, and for me the worst part is unhooking all the interconnect wires so my husband can transport the 50 lb amps in to our dealer to have those tubes changed. I haven’t been able to change tubes myself. In fact, I might have harmed one of my amplifiers trying to do it myself. :-(
    What is your Budget? Used Lampi's come up for sale from time to time on www.audiogon.com from time to time. There is one Lampi, 2 Berkeley's and a Luxman DA-06 for sale there.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings?ca...ice+ASC&page=3

Don't be scared off by tubes. Many tube designs have easy to change tubes. And many do not need tube changes until 4,000 to 5000 hours of use. Not all tubes are expensive. My $10,000 preamp uses tubes that cost $26 each. Of course there are 8 of them, but many designs use only 2 or even 1 tube.

What is my budget? That’s a hard question to answer. I once went shopping for a CD Player, planning to spend about $300. I made the mistake of visiting a showroom and listening to a Meridian 508.24. I then went running from showroom to showroom (that was back in the 80s when there were lots of show rooms to visit) and listening to everything else I could find, before I came to the realization that nothing else came even close. I wound up spending $3k on a used Meridian. I think retail at the time was around $4k. Budgeting is not one of my strong suits. I will add that I did get a lot of good listening mileage from the Meridian and it suited me well until two years ago when it started to fail and it was impossible to find a replacement transport for it. Now it’s a paperweight on my desktop because I can’t bear to dump it.

However, back to your question, times change, and I’m now well into retirement years and can’t behave so frivolously, so I would feel very uncomfortable going above $3k. I’d be even happier at $2k.

Speaking of tubes, the player I replaced the Meridian with is a Japanese made Triode that has a couple of small tubes as a feature. I can toggle between listening with tubes or without. Presumably these will last a long time, but quite honestly, I struggle to hear a difference. I blame that on my older ears, but maybe the tubes really don’t make much difference.

I would consider a used Chord Hugo DAC or Chord 2Qute which is the Hugo without the headphone amp and some say sounds better. It has a slightly warm and romantic sound with a full rich mid range and sounds great with all types of music. Both can be had for well under $2K. The Hugo sold for just about $3K new.

https://www.whathifi.com/chord/hugo/review

https://www.whathifi.com/chord/2qute/review

Here is a review of the Hugo 2 which can be had for $2K

https://www.whathifi.com/chord/hugo-2/review

To you statement "I guess tubes really don't make a difference". The definitely do make a difference. It depends upon the tube type and company and year it was made as they can be the same tube number but use different materials and configurations. The piece of audio gear makes a difference as well. Tube Rolling (swapping out different tube variants) is hit and miss.

Larry

Larry,
    instead of Chord, I am back to your recommendation for the Luxman DA-06 which the reviews make sound as though this DAC was made to order for my kind of musical tastes. I couldn’t possibly afford a new one, but I just might keep my eye out for a used one. Thanks for the many good tips on others too.

I will add that I am already favorably disposed to Luxman because I owned a great Luxman product, a TV Tuner TR-???, probably TR-107. Though Luxman disappeared from the American market not long after, didn’t it? Should I assume that the Luxman DAC is not made by the old Luxman company?
    Quad ESL-63, Audiomat Prelude Reference MKII, Triode TRV-CD5SE, and lots more.

If PCM only is not a deal breaker, do check out Schiit Yggdrasil dac. Costing just a little over $2k, it’s an unbelievably high performer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    If PCM only is not a deal breaker, do check out Schiit Yggdrasil dac. Costing just a little over $2k, it’s an unbelievably high performer.
    +1. That's what my Aries G2 is feeding.

I'm using a PS Audio Direct Stream DAC with the Lumin U1 and very pleased with the results. I miss what I'd call the "organic-ness" of my tubed NOS Audio Note DAC, but the DSD does many things really well, especially at it's price. I feel it neither adds or subtracts anything. One thing I like about it in particular is that it's FPGA based and therefore will be re-programmable/upgradeable for it's life.

Based on what I've read, the Lampi's are well worth considering, even in their lower price range. It reads to me a bit like my AN but with more modern technologies. I'd really like to try one of those as well as the Berkeley. In the meantime though I'm entirely happy listening to the Direct Stream. And, it serves me fine as pre-amp to boot.
    Main System

Lumin X1 > Boulder 1161 > Scansonic MB3.5 B

Headphones

Home: HiFiMan Susvara > Schiit Lyr+
    Portable: Focal Radiance > AQ Dragonfly Cobalt / Chord Hugo 2

Larry,
    instead of Chord, I am back to your recommendation for the Luxman DA-06 which the reviews make sound as though this DAC was made to order for my kind of musical tastes. I couldn’t possibly afford a new one, but I just might keep my eye out for a used one. Thanks for the many good tips on others too.

I will add that I am already favorably disposed to Luxman because I owned a great Luxman product, a TV Tuner TR-???, probably TR-107. Though Luxman disappeared from the American market not long after, didn’t it? Should I assume that the Luxman DAC is not made by the old Luxman company?

Here are 2 used Luxman's for sale on Audiogon

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/li...-da-converters

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/li...-da-converters

Just a few words about the Luxman, it has beautiful tone and leans slightly on the warmer side. Bass is full but not overpowering. It has great front to back depth and a wide sound stage but it is not the last word in detail. It has good detail and transparency but not like a PSA DSD or T+A DAC8 and for that matter a Yggdrasil from what I have read on it. It sounds great with a Wire World Starlight Platinum usb cable and an Uptone Amber Regen which takes the DAC to another level of enjoyment and refinement. If you get the DAC and a Regen, you can go with a cheaper usb cable like a Starlight Red which I use. It sounds very similar to the Platinum when used with the Regen.

So now I have several really promising suggestions, But the hard part is how can I go about listening to them? Particularly since I need to buy used, at least in some cases. This sounds frustratingly daunting.

The thing with going used, is that you can always flip it if you don't like it. Just don't over pay. You may take a loss of $100 or so but when you consider the savings vs new it is worth it if you are on a budget but want a higher end piece. If you go new, many companies have a 7 to 30 day money back guaranty, although some like Schiit Audio who makes the Yggdrasil has a restocking fee. Music Direct will also make you pay shipping both ways.

By the way, AVA HiFi makes a great sounding DAC within your budget. I did a review on it over at the Audiocircles forum. It bested my Luxman in most area's except for DSD. I live 3 minutes from the company owner Frank Van Alstine and do reviews on his gear from time to time. He has a 30 day money back guaranty, no questions asked. His gear is a lot of bang for the buck but they do not come in fancy chassis or face plates.

https://avahifi.com/collections/d-to-a-converters

Banned

Back on the topic of the Aries G2, here's another review:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...ighlight=aries

How do you like your Altair, any issues with software or hook up? The Stereophile reviewer seemed to have some issues but other reviews didn't mention much. Something like the Altair is really what I'd like. I'm only wanting to stream Tidal at this point. I'd like good sound too as it will be in my main system. I have never streamed, except Bluetooth, so I sure don't need issues with set up or software, and the like. I'll be lucky to get it to work if the unit is flawless, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I don't but I'm looking forward to your impressions. I currently run the Aries and Altair in different systems.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

Can you guys comment on set up? I'm actually thinking of the Altair.

Once connections are made, is it possible to use an iPhone to set up AURALIC? I need to be able to do set up without having to use the controls on the unit and especially without reading the display. I can touch the iPhone screen and have it read to me.

Will the Lightning app see I have Tidal on my phone, or, will I have to somehow set it up in the Altair?

Thanks

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Mr. P

You do everything in Lightning DS with IOS devices. Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer and Spotify are all inside the software you will just need to sign in to the accounts through Lightning DS. If you want to use the Altair wireless then all you have to do is plug it in and screw on the antennas. The setup a new device procedure will take you through the rest. Some of us can walk you through anything else as it comes up.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Anyone care to comment on sound? Stereophile used terms like "thin, shy in bass and polite. Other reviews seemed to like the sound, Computer Auiophile raved on SQ. I'm sure the Vega is a good step up from the Altair.

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

From owning the Aries and the Mini I would be more inclined to believe Chris at CA and the other reviewers instead of Iverson.

Mechnutt,
    Just wanted to say thanks for the generous hand holding. I have an opportunity through a friend to listen to two, the Audio Alchemy DDP-1 and the Berkeley Audio DAC. Will have to wait until I get my CDs ripped, the Ethernet cable routed into my living room and the Main Uniti purchased. Probably be back for more after that.

Are people confusing the Aries with the Vega? Maybe the discussion of DACs and the Vega should have its own thread?

Any forum members a dealer for Auralic? Can it output DSD 256 & 512 files from USB? This is my biggest complaint of my Aurender N10.

Wait a minute......I thought this was a HDD based streamer like the Aurender.
    Marty

Aurender N20 / SonicTransporter i7 / Roon
    MSB Premier
    Constellation Inspiration Preamp 1.0 / Mono 1.0
    Dynaudio Confidence 50 / SVS SB13 Ultra
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nc42acc View Post
    Any forum members a dealer for Auralic? Can it output DSD 256 & 512 files from USB? This is my biggest complaint of my Aurender N10.

Wait a minute......I thought this was a HDD based streamer like the Aurender.
    Yes if your DAC is compatible.

Yes it can be a HDD player or a network streamer or a Roon Endpoint.

Banned

I am the VERY happy owner of an ARIES V1 + HUGO DAC. Now it is time for me to "upgrade" my system with at least a VEGA G2.

My main question is about the need for buying also a ARIES G2 to go with the VEGA G2. Indeed, since the VEGA G2 can also be us
    ed as a streamer, I wonder if there is any sonic advantage (I just ask sound wise, not feature wise) to add a ARIES G2 . (I ask this question is because I will use wired ethernet. I know that the VEGA G2 cannot do WiFi streaming like the Aries G2 does).

Many thanks in advance

bertrand
    On the Go: A&K SP1000 > Shure KSE 1500
    At home : ARIES > Denafrips Terminator R2R DAC > BHSE > STAX SR009
    -> for sale : Piano Forte PFVIII, Eddie Current 445 tube Amp (with many different tubes).
    Review Chord MOJO v/s HUGO et WooAudio WA8 v/s TU-05 & HUGO

HAs somzeone already been able to test the LEO with a VEGA G2 ? I wonder how much it improves the sound quality !
    On the Go: A&K SP1000 > Shure KSE 1500
    At home : ARIES > Denafrips Terminator R2R DAC > BHSE > STAX SR009
    -> for sale : Piano Forte PFVIII, Eddie Current 445 tube Amp (with many different tubes).
    Review Chord MOJO v/s HUGO et WooAudio WA8 v/s TU-05 & HUGO

anyone have further experience, observations, thoughts on the auralic aries g2?

its design, specs, functionality, and build seem quite impressive ...particularly for the price -- although not inexpensive.
    viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | almarro a318b + air tight atc-5 (phono) | clearaudio concept + virtuoso v2 MM | t+a dac8 dsd + diy transport + roon rock
    alp-tone audio analog cables | core audio designs plyKraft 3L | hifi racks ltd podium t5-iii

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Auralic Aries G2