Belt Drive Tables Stink - Page 10
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Belt Drive Tables Stink

Quote Originally Posted by Moby View Post
    I had exactly the same issues with the 3D on a Classic 3 - Iím glad to hear I was not alone in this - and ended up trading it towards a Clearaudio Ovation with a Universal arm. Much easier to set up, much easier to use, sounds superb. This is also my retirement rig and one that I can easily live with.
    Awesome, love the look of the Universal arm and Clearaudio stuff in general, really wish I could try the TT5 on this table but just do not want to mess with taking it a apart and getting an arm board etc.
    PSB Imagine T3, LKV Phono, VPI Scout, Trans Fi Terminator Tone Arm, PS Audio BHK Signature Pre, PS Audio DMP - DS JR, Acoustic Imgaery Atsah 500 Mono Amps, Wireworld Eclipse 7 cables

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I am intrigued by the TT5, and itís price is reasonable, I just couldnít get past the idea that it would be finicky to set up and live with - which Iím trying to avoid. The Universal is an amazing piece of engineering and hand craftsmanship and I donít think arms get much better than this. Iíd always wanted a top of the line SME arm, now I donít.

Post Thanks / Like

The Universal is one of the best radial arms. The TT 5 don't reach this level. The TT3 is n the same level like the universal with some other characteristics. I prefer the TT3, better soundstage, more resolution, a bit less bass and a little less dynamic

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10