Schiit Audio Yggdrasil Review - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Schiit Audio Yggdrasil Review

Hi Dan,

So happy you love that Yiggy. Can the Analog 2 and updates be ordered direct as a full unit? Or, is it a self-serve affair?

I am curious now

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    Mrppv.......I agree, there is a true sense of genuine musical character and timbre in the analog output of the Yggdrasil 2 that is completely engaging. I would also agree that the Analog 2 and USB Gen5 upgrades should be performed at the factory so that the firmware updates can be installed at the same time. It would be silly not to take full advantage of the available upgrades by doing a board swap yourself.

I am still loving my Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC. It is an astonishing digital to analog converter.
    Joe

D'Agostino M400 monos, McIntosh MCLK12, Luxman C900u, Job INTegrated, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe- The Yggdrasil now comes with all the updates as standard when bought new.
    Bryston BDP-2Schiit YggdrasilAyre KX-5 Twenty…Benchmark AHB2Vivid V1.5
    Shunyata Python XLR...Cerious Graphene Extreme XLRHF Reveal AES/EBUOmega Mikro Planar I
    Torus RM15...Shunyata Alpha HCFurutech Flow-28...Mad Scientist First...Voodoo Vector...HF Reveal
    Mad Scientist Blackpod footers

3. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Hi Dan,

So happy you love that Yiggy. Can the Analog 2 and updates be ordered direct as a full unit? Or, is it a self-serve affair?

I am curious now
    Joe.......Schiit Audio is shipping the new Yggdrasil fully updated with the new USB Gen5 board, Analog 2 boards, and a full firmware update. When you order a Yggdrasil now for $2399 you get the full upgraded package. Older Yggdrasils with the Gen 3 USB board and original analog output boards can be upgraded by owners but Schiit does not recommend it. Yggdrasil owners wishing to update to the latest hardware and firmware are encourage to ship their DAC's to Schiit Audio. That's the only way I would do it. Fortunately for me, my Yggdrasil came with the Gen5 USB board, the Analog 2 boards, and the latest firmware. I am so impressed with the Yggdrasil DAC.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Never Connected PSU, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC452, MR85, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

5. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much!
    Joe

D'Agostino M400 monos, McIntosh MCLK12, Luxman C900u, Job INTegrated, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan

8. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dan, what was the verdict on Coax vs AES?
    Roon->sMS-200->Resonessence Invicta Mirus Pro->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Sabrinas / Rega RP8 w/ Apheta 2

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6