Raidho at CES - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raidho at CES

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raidho at CES

Nice post Mike and Iím also sorry about the situation. I think you offered up some great suggestions and itís too bad they fell on deaf ears. Margins were very healthy on Raidho products but the businesses overall operating expenses were high.

No more Raidho for me either. I sold my Raidho speakers sometime back and yes something better is just around the corner Ė there always is!

2. Likes Mike, the professor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    No more Raidho for me. I really like the new guys, John and Peter couldn't be nicer - especially John (the founder). But when I learned of Michael and Lars leaving just only a few short months of signing on, I talked to them and told them, "hey guys, wait a minute, I didn't sign up for this!" I told them it was best if I moved on. They were cool about it and there is no bad blood. I really like the guys. Honestly, great group at Dantek. But my concern (and I know 100% it will come to fruition) is that with Michael and Lars leaving, they would eventually start a new speaker company and then the whispers would start: "Hey look over here! These are our new speakers, and they are way better!"

I frankly became disillusioned by the whole Raidho/Ansuz/Aavik situation after the divorce. We don't have to have another long discussion on bass problems and the like, that's been well covered. I just got frustrated. The brand (Raidho) has had some real struggles in the U.S. almost since it's inception here. The lack of a proper distributor has lead things to the wild, wild, west. I had a long, long conversation with Peter to try to offer some advise on a number of different things going forward (post divorce), but he was having no part of it. For example, I suggested establishing an iron fisted U.S. distributor, dramatically lowering MSRP (and subsequently margins) to get more in line with fair market pricing conditions. For example, can you imagine an MSRP on D1.1's at $15K, D2.1's at $22K, D3.1's at $30K? $50K maybe for D4.1's and $75K for D5.1's? When I look at the build quality of the apparently Chinese made cabinets, it frankly seems more in line with the competition IMO. But I also don't know their manufacturing costs, so I can't really suggest a final new MSRP. I also suggested weeding out those advertising Raidho speakers (as dealers) here in the U.S., when they weren't even dealers. There were many other items I covered with them. I just felt that things will get worse before they got better and I don't want to wait around 5 or 10 years to find out how things turn out. I hope I'm wrong.

But at the end of the day, the guys at Dantax have a plan, they are incredibly supportive and they are super great guys and I know they will do well going forward and I wish them only the best. Ditto for Lars and Michael. I wish both parties only the best and all the success in the world.
    As an end user I moved on from Raidho also. Cabinets imported from China and the paint job on my LS50s was better. So you are paying a lot for the driver technology and in house manufacture. The end came when I was in contact with Raidho direct about upgrading to .1. Factory said you have to go through the distributor for your country and copied them into the email. Distributor never followed up despite me reminding them. Odd when I had cash waiting.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopse View Post
    As an end user I moved on from Raidho also. Cabinets imported from China and the paint job on my LS50s was better. So you are paying a lot for the driver technology and in house manufacture. The end came when I was in contact with Raidho direct about upgrading to .1. Factory said you have to go through the distributor for your country and copied them into the email. Distributor never followed up despite me reminding them. Odd when I had cash waiting.
    Maybe he jumped ship too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Raidhos are waaay overpriced IMO. You can see that in their resale value, which is rather poor.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate + Lampi DSD Komputer
    Cables: WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Post Thanks / Like

Raidho at CES

@ Mike, good post.

@ kiwi_128001, interesting move. Local dealer was very optimistic in bringing in the D4.1 (or was it D5.1?). Heard snippets of it when Michael/Lars came down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicoludio View Post
    @ Mike, good post.

@ kiwi_128001, interesting move. Local dealer was very optimistic in bringing in the D4.1 (or was it D5.1?). Heard snippets of it when Michael/Lars came down.

The local dealer has the full range of D-series Raidho's including the D4.1 which were on display at CES 2018.

I've really enjoyed listening to the D5.1 though think it sounded better in its original location [where the Avantgarde Acoustic speakers now are located] as apposed to the general show room. The D5.1 like all Raidho speakers need space behind them to perform at their best (IMHO).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2