Classe bought by SOund United - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Classe bought by SOund United

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Yes it was. Polk will never be a leading company like they were in their heyday, but they are still great products for the money (mostly). The new stuff they have come out with has been impressive. My favorite is probably the Magnifi Mini. At the current street price of $200, I don't think there is any other soundbar on the market that can touch it for close to that price tag.

The current direction of Polk is to get rid of the clutter - a good move. They are simplifying their lines to good, better, and best. Def Tech is a sister company and takes care of the true home theater enthusiasts, while the Polk lines will focus more on music with a full lineup for home theater if desired. They have quit trying to 'fight' their brand name as they are known as an entry company to the world of audio.

I'm still not a fan of the constant sales on Polk products (making it impossible for me to sell them), but they don't do that with Def Tech or Marantz and I doubt they would do anything of the sort with Classe.
    Did Polk announce anything new at CES? I noticed on Crutchfield, like you stated some of their lines are on sale. Just wandering if they are trying to clear them out.

Post Thanks / Like

A sound bar with Amazon Alexia built in.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wgerman View Post
    Did Polk announce anything new at CES? I noticed on Crutchfield, like you stated some of their lines are on sale. Just wandering if they are trying to clear them out.

Bud got it.

They aren't trying to really clear anything out, they are just loose with sales. I'd expect the new soundbar to go on sale about 2 months after actual release. It's what happens. The sad part is they make excellent products at list prices but don't know how to market them nor hold a price tag.
    USA Distributor for North Star Design, Rosso Fiorentino, and MastersounD

Dallas Dealer for: AURALiC - Dayens - Harbeth - iFi - Marantz - Martin Logan - Parasound - Polk Audio - NBP Acoustics - Sonner Audio - Triode Corporation - Usher Audio - Wireworld

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2