Denafrips Terminator dac ... - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Denafrips Terminator dac ...

Quote Originally Posted by nc42acc View Post
    Well I have had time to go through four DACs and do some comparisons.
    1. Denafrips Terminator: The most open, dynamic and transparent of any DAC I have had to date. Amazing realism with vocals like the artist is in the room. Bass dynamics and weight is off the charts compared to the rest. NOS mode and sending it DSD256 from Roon with a microRendu.
    2. T&A DAC8: Very close to the Terminator but just cannot create the "you are there" realism. I am just feeding it DSD256 via Roon so this could change when I have the ability to send it DSD512. Stay tuned.
    3. Holo Spring Level 3: Close behind the T&A but another level of less realism and dynamics. Does some things very well like the bass. Tried it with just USB and I2s with a Singxer. Also sending it DSD512 from Roon and using the NOS mode.
    4. PS Audio Directstream: Scratching my head as this has a very different sound. Not going to put anything in writing until I try it with a few more inputs. I have been using the Bridge II for all my listening so far.

Remember this is how these sound in "MY" system and will greatly vary with different equipment and setups.
    Hey Marty a friend of mine in Jacksonville has the Terminator and he said, give it a try via the I2S input, with the Singxer SU-1
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

Chris I will give that a try as I have heard the same as well. The Singxer and I2s didn't seem to make much of a difference with the Holo Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Hey Marty a friend of mine in Jacksonville has the Terminator and he said, give it a try via the I2S input, with the Singxer SU-1
    Marty
    Main system: SGC sonicTransporter I7, microRendu,Terminator DAC, Audio Research REF5SE, Nord B&O 1200as mono amps, Von Schweikert VR5 Anniversary MKII, JPS Labs, Furutech cabling and connectors.
    Office System: Linn LP12, Aurender N100H, Audio Research LS27, Oppo Sonica, Nord NC500, KEF R500

3. Thanks CPP thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would be really curious if the Singxer changes things on the terminator.

Anyone using terminator with their headphone rig ?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joe!

7. Likes joeinid liked this post

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6