Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Dev. Update Problem

Trying to install new firmware 2.1.2. D/L firmware, unzip, cut/paste 14 files onto root of reformatted Dev. card. Insert, press button to Reset, which counts down from 5.... screen goes dark, relights in standby, ... and not updated; shows a 2015 date.
    Thoughts?
    Thx.

Re: Dev. Update Problem

SD- Card locked? Please be shure that the SD-Card is unlocked and reboot over powercable out/in

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I tried turning unit off as reboot, but still did not update firmware. It did change configuration which I tried after the upgrade failed.
    Now though, I do not have sound from one side. I tested with 3 different inputs and changed the L/R speaker wires to confirm I am getting no signal from one side. Now I have a problrm caused by the upgrade process.

Which Devialet do you have? Does it have the Core Infinity Upgrade? Is it a single unit or a mono configuration? Have you tried with a different SD card? What is the version of firmware you currently have installed?

The following should work, but depending on your answers above....

Format SD card MS DOS FAT.

Download the firmware update from the Devialet site.

UNZIP into the root of the SD card.

LOCK the SD card.

Insert into first powered off (and unplugged from wall) Devialet.

Plug in and power up Devialet.

This should start the upgrade process on the Devialet.

If you have a second unit you can use the same SD card for the upgrade as it is LOCKED. If you use an unlocked card, you will need to delete the files from the existing SD card, and copy them over again.
    Roon Rock | Ortofon Cadenza Black | Miyajima Zero | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro | Vivid Audio G3

Ah, yes, I was trying to use a Core Infinity file. It now has been updated with the appropriate one. Thx.

However, I am now still without sound from one channel. I have switched speaker wires and verified with 3 different sources/inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Ah, yes, I was trying to use a Core Infinity file. It now has been updated with the appropriate one. Thx.

However, I am now still without sound from one channel. I have switched speaker wires and verified with 3 different sources/inputs.
    I am facing the same issue with my OdA which were returned yesterday. The "S1" inputs has no sound and when switched to the Master, it does play. I have, like you, switched input between both units, and each time, the one on the right "S1" have no sound. The last try - according to my dealer support - is to change to a new "trigger cable" as the cable could be damaged.

This leaves a very bad taste in the mouth .... for an amp to be upgraded to CI and not working upon arrival. What makes the situation bad is that the local dealer is "guessing" on how to resolve the issue and my whole entire system is at a lockdown!
    SME Synergy
    Thorens TD147 Jubilee (Restored) + Ortofon A-Mono
    Roon Nucleus+ 4TB + Plixir Elite LPS
    Luxman D-10x (Sep 2020)
    ModWright Oppo UDP205
    Air Tight ATC-5 Pre + ATM300R + ATH-3
    Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
    Audience AU24 SX Cables, Interconnects & aR6 OX Power Conditioner
    DS Audio Ioniser
    Audio-Philar Rack & Amp Stand

Finally, answer is simply - Known Software issue which is now being worked on. Anticipated release April (no known timing as of now, just simply April).

So, use only the MASTER for all your most common input. A Stereo TT (one arm), A Tuner or CD/SACD and the Digital inout for TV, Server ....

So I was told, just be patient ... update coming ,,,,
    SME Synergy
    Luxman D-10x (Sep 2020)
    ModWright Oppo UDP205
    DS Audio Ioniser

You have probably thought about this already - but have you made sure you’ve used different config files for your master and companion..?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Hi Bjorn,
    Thanks for the response. I have tried but since the CI upgrade, there is only one config ... and since then, local Devialet GM checked and came back that this is a KNOWN software glitch which they will fix.
    The new software & firmware update is now released on 23 Mar and next week, local distributor will help me to update both and reconfigure the OdA. Hopefully all will be good.
    Devialet's response and support is very prompt and I must thank and praise them for it. In fact, they even sent me a pair of new SD cards (with the Devialet Label).
    Hope all's good and Cheers
    SME Synergy
    Luxman D-10x (Sep 2020)
    ModWright Oppo UDP205
    DS Audio Ioniser

Hi,

The Firmware/Software update works ... able with some small hiccups.

1. The SD firmware/software works only once on the Master and thereafter did not work on the Companion. Its was only after a change of a NEW SD card with the same firmware/software could the Companion be updated.

2. Similarly, the Orange colour SD cards that came with the OdA fail to be reconfigured, no matter how many times (at least 4x). A new pair of SD cards were used and presto, it worked upon insertion into both OdA's.

3. Everything fired up and worked as it should.

Initial listening for the first 30 minutes revealed that the volume seems to be softer at the same setting, unlike before where the loudness volume was more prominent. Now it seems softer and volume need to be cranked up by at least 4db for the same volume as before. I would spend the whole weekend listening to the combo and see if I could finds out anything I like better or didn't as a result of the CI plus the new firmware/software upgrade.

Thanks. All's good now.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Dev. Update Problem