Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

AQ Niagara 5000 vs GigaWatt PC-3 Evo+

Has anybody compared these two PCs or otherwise have any thoughts you could share on either of them? I haved read the AQ Niagara threads.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Re: AQ Niagara 5000 vs GigaWatt PC-3 Evo+

Have not compared, but due to frequency of electrical storms here, the surge protection features of the 5000 are attractive. Interested in knowing if anyone has used this unit or its big brother with the Diablo 300 will no ill effects.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    Have not compared, but due to frequency of electrical storms here, the surge protection features of the 5000 are attractive. Interested in knowing if anyone has used this unit or its big brother with the Diablo 300 will no ill effects.
    I’m running that combo right now. Zero issues. Sounds terrific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I've got the Gigawatt PC3+. To be honest at first i wondered if it could really deliver with so many components plugged into it. I've had the big PurePower, I have also had the upgraded silver circle audio pure power one 5.0 as well as the big power outputters from Isotek the super titan. All were good, but I'm not selling the Gigawatt anytime soon!

I use the Niagara 5000 with all my gear plugged in including a Rowland 625 S2 amp and B&W DB1 sub and it works great. I've got big time surge and voltage issues too so I agree that protection at least gives peace of mind.

Bump

Am testing over the next few weeks. Have decided to include Shunyata in the mix.
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    Bump

Am testing over the next few weeks. Have decided to include Shunyata in the mix.
    Those two are the most obvious ones indeed.

You could also include passive ones like the Anzus.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Does anyone use or have experience with the PurePower + 2000 or 3000?

The PurePower is a power regenerator. I don’t know much about power regenerators but in theory they sound amazing. Does anyone have any views on the merits of the concept of a power regenerator?

I live in an apartment tower with 24 other apartments and in a part of the world where there are daily electrical storms.

I plan to demo a PurePower+, a Niagara 5000 and a GigaWatt PC3+ soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    Does anyone use or have experience with the PurePower + 2000 or 3000?

The PurePower is a power regenerator. I don’t know much about power regenerators but in theory they sound amazing. Does anyone have any views on the merits of the concept of a power regenerator?

I live in an apartment tower with 24 other apartments and in a part of the world where there are daily electrical storms.

I plan to demo a PurePower+, a Niagara 5000 and a GigaWatt PC3+ soon.
    Have a look above. pretty hot here, how are you for water...... Yes I've owned pure power 3000+, Silver Circle Audio power 5se, the big Isoteks, now have Gigawatt,... next question, no have never owned Shunyata power treatment, just cables & chords, long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
    Have a look above. pretty hot here, how are you for water...... Yes I've owned pure power 3000+, Silver Circle Audio power 5se, the big Isoteks, now have Gigawatt,... next question, no have never owned Shunyata power treatment, just cables & chords, long gone.
    And how would you describe each of them? (Gigawatt, IsoTek, Silver Circle, etc.)
    Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon HC < AQ WEL Signature XLR < Chord Qutest w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < SOtM tX-USBultra w 75Ohm Master Clock Input, Paul Hynes SR5-12 Turbo XL & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Aurender N-100H w AQ Dragon Source < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Solid Tech Hybrid < Ansuz Darkz D-TC, Darkz D2, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < Furutech FT-SWS < Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Sorry for the double up - below is a copy and paste from a post I just made on an adjacent thread (should have posted it here). Did not end up auditioning all the alternatives unfortunately.

Re: AudioQuest Niagra 5000

I home auditioned the Niagara 5000 with the AQ Tornado PCs (3x). It improved the sound from my system noticeably (around 10-15%). A little more clarity, precision and deeper sound stage. I am very happy with it. I didn’t end up auditioning the Gigawatt or PurePower+ as I had Mike’s recommendation, not a lot of time, and a great package price.

Am toying now with ethernet cables. I bought 3x AQ Cinnamon (1 from wall to router, 1 from router to NAS, and 1 from NAS to Lumin T1) but on Wednesday I am home auditioning 3x AQ Vodkas. Am looking forward to that show down.”

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
    And how would you describe each of them? (Gigawatt, IsoTek, Silver Circle, etc.)
    Silver Circle was all class with no compressed dynamics. PurePower regenerator was repeatable sound every time but slightly compressed sonics depending on hz-khz. Gigawatt am happy with at this stage, needs more time like a few more thousand hours & different gear to really hear the moniker stamp

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

AQ Niagara 5000 vs GigaWatt PC-3 Evo+