Where to place your best Power Cord? - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where to place your best Power Cord?

While being a whole-hearted disbeliever still a couple years back, having heard it in my own system, I now do believe that good power is like salt in the food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Vpi Prime with Phoenix Engineering Eagle and Roadrunner/ Ortofon Cadenza Bronze MC/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H/ Curious USB/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Meitner MA-1/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Pass Labs X250.8/ WyWires Platinum IC+speaker+power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Shunyata Triton+AlphaHC+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster PSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 3PSR2/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Audirvana/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ HD Plex linear PSU/ Charleston Cable Company Cardas Custom/ Sennheiser HD800/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ AudioTekne Blue.

2. Likes Shadowfax liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where to place your best Power Cord?

Hi.
    My findings is that the best PC for an amp is not necessary the best for a transport. And if a PC can change the sound it will be necessary to test it everywhere in the system. And I think that it is not given that any upgrade PC will be better because it cost more . I use a cheap brand called Nimak for most of my High-end system. But they're all different gauges. I also use a cheap Viborg on my pre-amp instead of a Ps Audio ac12. The price for the Ps Audio ac12 in Norway is 10 times more than the preferred Viborg.
    In my system it's more easy to hear difference between PC than interconnects.
    What I don't understand is that how these PC can change the sound given that the gauge is correct. If anyone can explain how it works it would be great.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3