Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: Brinkmann Nyquist DAC - technical jewel with marvelous sound

Quote Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
    Any first listening report of the MkII version yet ? I am excited to know how the MKII version improve on the original version !

will it beat the NAGRA HD DAC...for half the price ;-)
    Not sure when the new module will arrive, but I am excited as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Well, after getting a thorough listening report from my dealer who was in Munich and has installed the Mk II module in his own personal Nyquist at home, I decided to take the plunge and order one. Due to geographic and time constraints, I was unable to hear it in his system. Nonetheless, I trust his ears and his integrity. Will report my findings after I've had a chance to evaluate the new module in my system.
    Main system: Antipodes CX/EX running Roon+Tidal -> Brinkmann Nyquist—>ARC 40th Anniversary Ref Pre—> Bryston 28B monos—>KEF Blades + 2xREL 212SE subs. Also Bryston BDA-3 for A/V. All cabling is Cardas Clear/Clear Beyond; Shunyata Triton V3 plus Sigma, Alpha and Delta NR power cords; Solid Tech Hybrid racks. Acoustics by GIK & Acoustic Sciences Corp. Six dedicated 20A mains with Shunyata receptacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Aescalpius View Post
    Well, after getting a thorough listening report from my dealer who was in Munich and has installed the Mk II module in his own personal Nyquist at home, I decided to take the plunge and order one. Due to geographic and time constraints, I was unable to hear it in his system. Nonetheless, I trust his ears and his integrity. Will report my findings after I've had a chance to evaluate the new module in my system.
    What were your dealer’s comments regarding the MK II vs. the original?
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

Congrats, good to hear. Great choice.

I just heard yesterday that my Mk II module is this week in burn-in and will be sent to me early next week. Looking forward to comparing notes when I have had an opportunity to listen to it for a while.

When will you receive your Nyquist?

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

He reported a much deeper soundstage along with imaging that was so good he could no longer tell where the speakers were located. He also said that the bass pitch was more well defined yet did not imbalance the overall presentation. He said that it was, overall, better in every way compared to the Mk I module. For my ears, it's hard to imagine the Nyquist getting any better than it already is. But, I guess I'm in for a treat when it arrives :-)
    Main system: Antipodes CX/EX running Roon+Tidal -> Brinkmann Nyquist—>ARC 40th Anniversary Ref Pre—> Bryston 28B monos—>KEF Blades + 2xREL 212SE subs. Also Bryston BDA-3 for A/V. All cabling is Cardas Clear/Clear Beyond; Shunyata Triton V3 plus Sigma, Alpha and Delta NR power cords; Solid Tech Hybrid racks. Acoustics by GIK & Acoustic Sciences Corp. Six dedicated 20A mains with Shunyata receptacles.

Thanks Kuoppi, I already own a Nyquist, this is just the Mk II module. Love my Nyquist and I'm looking forward to the upgrade!

Thanks Kuoppi, I already own a Nyquist, this is just the Mk II module. Love my Nyquist and I'm looking forward to the upgrade!
    Ok, excellent.

Received the tracking number yesterday, the Mk II module will arrive on Monday. Very excited.

Brinkmann Nyquist DAC - technical jewel with marvelous sound

This morning the postman came bearing gifts: Brinkmann Nyquist DAC Mk II module.

It looks otherwise pretty much the same, only that it has a blue cover and the Mk II insignia.

Careful now, open-heart surgery on the Nyquist: was actually a breeze, no soldering, just loosening two screws. Then old module out, new one in. Total effort with detaching cables, removing from rack, exchanging module and putting it back again, approx. 10 minutes if that. And the Mk II DAC module has to be enabled in Roon as a Zone again, as it is a new DAC.

Et voilà: Nyquist Mk II, brand new.

As part of the customer service Brinkmann already burned-in the Mk II module. So after letting it settle for a couple of hours I could immediately start listening.

Initially I planned to do an elaborate comparison between the Mk I and Mk II with old module out, new one in, swopping back etc. But it would be of no use, seriously.

As you might have noticed, I really liked the original Nyquist. But the Mk II hits one out of the ball park. Completely magical.

So what do I hear?
    - much more detail, immediately and very obviously
    - neutral in the best possible way
    - ease and effortlessness
    - not the slightest bit analytical
    - vastly improved sound stage
    - simply a lots more music

What do I not hear?
    - a DAC

The Nyquist has completely disappeared from system. It’s just not there anymore. Now it’s just music, unbelievable.

Closest comparison I’ve heard: MSB Reference in Munich with all the goodies. Pretty similar sound signature, me very, very much likey.

To be honest, ordering the Mk II I was not entirely sure what to expect, as the original was already great. But after hearing the MSB Reference in Munich, I was silently hoping for something similar and this is just so perfect. High expectations way exceeded, thank you Brinkmann Audio.

So, in case you have an original Nyquist, don’t go to get an upgrade. Run as fast as you can!

Kuoppis - that sounds fantastic. Very happy for you. I think modularity for upgrades without upgrading the whole DAC is the way forward.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Audioshark

Cool! Love the modularity of the new DAC's like Brinkman and MSB. You can tell by looking closely at the two boards there are some changes in the circuitry. Have you tested any MQA albums yet?
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Congrats on the upgrade! Curious to know whether they changed the ESS DACs from the older 9018 to the 9038 as part of this upgrade. Of course the specific chips being used only play a part in determining overall performance with implementation details contributing a large factor.

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Congrats on the upgrade! Curious to know whether they changed the ESS DACs from the older 9018 to the 9038 as part of this upgrade. Of course the specific chips being used only play a part in determining overall performance with implementation details contributing a large factor.
    Nope, the new chip only makes decoding easier for simpler DACs. In the Nyquist the chip only does D/A conversion, sound processing is done outside the chip.

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    Kuoppis - that sounds fantastic. Very happy for you. I think modularity for upgrades without upgrading the whole DAC is the way forward.
    Fully agree, that is the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Cool! Love the modularity of the new DAC's like Brinkman and MSB. You can tell by looking closely at the two boards there are some changes in the circuitry. Have you tested any MQA albums yet?
    Agree. It is great to essentially get a new DAC w/o having to change the whole thing. Cost wise also a huge difference.

Listening to Kenny Barron now, sounds great. But I must say regular PCM also sounds great, so I am currently not so bothered.

congratulation kuoppis....I cant wait to receive mine...enjoy

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by mdzaki View Post
    congratulation kuoppis....I cant wait to receive mine...enjoy
    Thanks Zaki, very kind.

This is a surprisingly good upgrade, you’ll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Thanks Zaki, very kind.

This is a surprisingly good upgrade, you’ll like it.

Hi

I have a shiny new Nyquist MKII sitting in my audio rack. How long will it take to “burn in” and should I leave it on all the times to speed up the burn in process.

Thanks

Hi "Stillooking",

our products usually run for a week in the factory before being shipped. As a rule of thumb, in a new environment burn in takes about 72 hours. Please leave the Nyquist on for 3 days. Playing music helps, especially when you switch between DSD and PCM. I usually just put roon or tidal to radio mode.

Best
    Matthias
    Matthias Lück
    Brinkmann Audio GmbH

Quote Originally Posted by Stilllooking View Post
    Hi

I have a shiny new Nyquist MKII sitting in my audio rack. How long will it take to “burn in” and should I leave it on all the times to speed up the burn in process.

Thanks
    I am happy for you. I am sure you will enjoy your new toy.

Please let us know how it sound and to which previous DAC you had you can compare it ( I am still hesitating between the Nyquist mk2, the dCS Rossini (the DAC/player since I have 2000 CDs), Esoteric N-01 and the Auralic Aries+Vega G2 !)

Hi

Thanks
    Congrats, great news! Can’t go wrong with the Nyquist.

How does it sound out-of-the-box?

Hi Kuoppis.
    What is the price of the MKII module?
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Hi Kuoppis.
    What is the price of the MKII module?
    I think it might depend on your location, but in Germany the upgrade is €800,-.

Wow!!
    Great price, it seems that the Brickmann guys are doing well not only technically, but commercially.
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Wow!!
    Great price, it seems that the Brickmann guys are doing well not only technically, but commercially.
    I think it is a smart move.

Upgradeability is really key. I maybe I need to test their new preamp as well. Brinkmann announced a new version of their preamp, the Marconi Mk2 in Munich.

Congrats, great news! Can’t go wrong with the Nyquist.

How does it sound out-of-the-box?

I am awaiting the arrival of a Wireworld Ethernet Cable and a Wireworld Toslink Supernova 7. Once this arrive I will be in a position to respond further.

Thanks

I am awaiting the arrival of a Wireworld Ethernet Cable and a Wireworld Toslink Supernova 7. Once this arrive I will be in a position to respond further.

Thanks
    Cool.

Good Morning

Still waiting for the arrival of the Wireworld cables, but the Nyquist II is already singing with a $20 Best Buy plastic Toslink cable. Can’t wait to receive the Wireworld Ethernet cable and supernova 7 Toslink. In the meantime, I have another question for the group. I am using the standard router that came with my cable package. Would there be an easily identifiable benefit to using a better router and if so what brands do you recommend?

PS. I am currently using a Bluesound Vault which scans CD’s to its hard drive, streams and has a basic DAC. As you can easily imagine the opportunity for improvement is huge.

My next step is a high end streamer and I am currently thinking Aurender or the Nucleus+Roon. Would also welcome additional comments on this subject.

Thanks

Jerry has

Following on from this, I would also love to know if it is possible to get a better router - have heard a separate power supply makes a big difference. Not sure how to go about that though and what I have read (albeit limited) hasn’t been clear.
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables

Am also thinking Nucleus +. Will need it for my MSB I think.

I am thinking MELCO or ZENITH Innuos server to avoid the music data to pass through the pollution of the Switch and the rest of the network.

Indeed, ZENITH and MELCO server have 2 ethernet ports, one going to the switch/routeur/internet, and the other going directly to the Streaming DAC. Thus the Audio data do not have to go through all the network, and also the MELCO or ZENITH server will act as an Ethernet filter to clean the Ethernet flow from internet to the DAC.

I find this brillant !
    On the Go: A&K SP1000 > Shure KSE 1500
    At home : ARIES > Denafrips Terminator R2R DAC > BHSE > STAX SR009
    -> for sale : Piano Forte PFVIII, Eddie Current 445 tube Amp (with many different tubes).
    Review Chord MOJO v/s HUGO et WooAudio WA8 v/s TU-05 & HUGO

Jerry, on the router I would say bandwidth is the most important. Just make sure it supports a high bitrate and you should be fine.

From my experience the storage or NAS is more important, as it potentially introduces all kinds of noise into the audio chain. I just went from an Aurender to a dedicated NAS with a Roon Core a couple months back and am very happy with the results. But a mom&pop NAS won’t do, if you want to run a Roon Core on it. You need to make sure it has a powerful enough processor and all the RAM you can get. And you need a dedicated SSD to install the Roon Core on and cache your music library. I do have a separate SSD for Roon and for the cache. Roon puts any album you play on on the SSD cache for playback, so you do not have to play your music from a rotating disc which would introduce rumble and vibration (an Aurender does the same). Advantage of a NAS is you do not have to pay ridiculous amounts for simple storage, as with an Aurender, Melco or Baetis Audio etc. I do have 24 TB (18 with RAID on the main drive), you can’t even get anything close to that with a music server. A Nucleus is basically a dedicated NAS for Roon, there just are less options for customizing.

Also, it makes sense to invest in high quality Ethernet cables between router/ NAS and router/ DAC, as you will immediately hear the difference. I use AQ Vodka and find them quite good.

Andrew, I also do have a linear PSU powering my NAS and am using a Shunyata cable + power filter to feed it. For that I had to have a 4-PIN connector cable custom made to connect the LPSU to the NAS. I find replacing the inbox wallwart gives the music a better jump factor and better dynamics.

http://www.innuos.com/uploads/cms/do...-04%20_WEB.pdf

the way to go ... if you want the best of the best :-)

Attached Images Attached Images
    On the Go: A&K SP1000 > Shure KSE 1500
    At home : ARIES > Denafrips Terminator R2R DAC > BHSE > STAX SR009
    -> for sale : Piano Forte PFVIII, Eddie Current 445 tube Amp (with many different tubes).
    Review Chord MOJO v/s HUGO et WooAudio WA8 v/s TU-05 & HUGO

Kuppois and Bmichaels

i thank you both for your thoughtful and well informed recommendations.

I have ordered the Wireworld Starbright Cat 8 ethernet cable which I believe is roughly comparable to the AQ Vodka, so I think I am good on that front.

I wonder though if there might be a way to obtain consensus between the two somewhere different approaches to the Server and NAS. I look forward to others chiming in on your recommendations, and I sincerely appreciate your recommendations.

Cheers

Jerry

Kuppois and Bmichaels

i thank you both for your thoughtful and well informed recommendations.

I have ordered the Wireworld Starbright Cat 8 ethernet cable which I believe is roughly comparable to the AQ Vodka, so I think I am good on that front.

I wonder though if there might be a way to obtain consensus between the two somewhere different approaches to the Server and NAS. I look forward to others chiming in on your recommendations, and I sincerely appreciate your recommendations.

Cheers

Jerry
    I think it really depends on whether you would like to run Roon or not.

Well, MELCO cannot run ROON Server but... the Zenith ( starting with the «*cheap*» 2000$ version ) can run ROON Server, so... you can use the Zenith as a ROON Server + ROON End-point (and connect it through USB to the DAC) or run ROON Server on the ZÉNITH and use the Nyquist as the ROON End-point.

Quote Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
    Well, MELCO cannot run ROON Server but... the Zenith ( starting with the «*cheap*» 2000$ version ) can run ROON Server, so... you can use the Zenith as a ROON Server + ROON End-point (and connect it through USB to the DAC) or run ROON Server on the ZÉNITH and use the Nyquist as the ROON End-point.
    Ok, interesting. How much is a 10 TB version of the Zenith?

My experience is that the Server is not in any way irrelevant. The change of a NAS Synology with Minimserver to a Melco improved the sound clearly. The existence of a direct Ethernet port between the server and DAC eliminates some of the digital noise, but again in my experience, not everything. The switch is still the DHCP server and is in continuous communication with the DAC, decrease the noise in the switch with an improved one, an LPS source and connect it to the ground and the sound will improve.
    Francisco

Agree, the server is very relevant. Also NAS does not equal to NAS, there are huge differences.

I replaced my Aurender with a pimped-up NAS.

Agree, the server is very relevant. Also NAS does not equal to NAS, there are huge differences.

I replaced my Aurender with a pimped-up NAS.

Hi

Please keep the discussion going re: Innous vs other options and what constitutes a Pimped up NAS?

My intent is clearly to go with Roon.

Thanks

Jerry

Hi Jerry, I think Nonesup makes a good point about importance of the server. One key reason I went the NAS route is ability to stream via Ethernet, as it offers some advantages.

The NAS I am using is described in detail earlier in this thread, if you browse back a little. You might also want to check with Wisnon, as he has also some interesting views about how to set up a good music server.

just received my nyquist today...with mkii ...very excited ...any idea how much hours it needs for break in ?
    Magico S3mkII, Accustic Arts Mono II power amp + Tube Preamp II + Cables, Brinkmann Nyquist mkII, Vicoustic ​acoustic panels

Hi Jerry, I think Nonesup makes a good point about importance of the server. One key reason I went the NAS route is ability to stream via Ethernet, as it offers some advantages.

The NAS I am using is described in detail earlier in this thread, if you browse back a little. You might also want to check with Wisnon, as he has also some interesting views about how to set up a good music server.

Nonesup also mentions the switch which made a difference in my system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by mdzaki View Post
    just received my nyquist today...with mkii ...very excited ...any idea how much hours it needs for break in ?
    Hi Zaki,

This is what Matthias commented on the topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Hi,

our products usually run for a week in the factory before being shipped. As a rule of thumb, in a new environment burn in takes about 72 hours. Please leave the Nyquist on for 3 days. Playing music helps, especially when you switch between DSD and PCM. I usually just put roon or tidal to radio mode.

Best
    Matthias

Yet another one, this time from Poland:

It looks like Alex Gorouvein from Mono & Stereo enjoyed his time with the mk2.

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2019/0...streaming.html

Good to hear the Brinkmann is still taking ground. I still enjoy mine very much, with zero regret!
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Good to hear the Brinkmann is still taking ground. I still enjoy mine very much, with zero regret!
    Same here, fits my purposes very well.

I have recently tested quite a few high end pre and power amps in my system and have yet to find a component it does not harmonize with.

Golden Ear Award 2019 for the Nyquist from German top audio magazine Stereoplay.

And yes, they measure. Extensively. Quite nice.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team