Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Silent Wire Sound Fuse

Anybody have experience with this product, or can recommend something similar?

Essentially it's a fuse instead of a breaker in a circuit breaker format, and from my understanding a fuse is sonically better than a breaker.

https://www.silent-wire.de/en/instal...ound-fuse.html
    Lumin S1 / PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp & 250 Amp / B&W 804D2 / PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator / Synergistic Research Atmosphere Level 3 HC Power Cable / Shunyata Alpha Power Cables / Audience Au24 SX XLR / High Fidelity Reveal XLR / Kimber Monocole XL Speaker Cables / SOtM dBL-Cat7 Ethernet cables / High Fidelity MC0.5 / system upgraded with Synergistic Research Blue Fuses / Nordost Qv1's & Qk2's

Re: Silent Wire Sound Fuse

Why might a fuse be better (or worse for that matter) than a circuit breaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    Because it costs more and when it blows the fuse, you have to buy another one instead of resetting the breaker? I'd want to know if your home owner's insurance would cover a fire caused by a malfunction with the fuse/breaker instead of the correct breaker for the panel it is being used in.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

I believe it has to do with all the mechanical parts and materials used, as opposed to a fuse which really is just "a wire". Just an avenue I wanted to explore given its relatively low cost (45 eur in this case). It seems like something that is done relatively often in Europe and HK from audio infra standpoint.

Lumin S1 / PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp & 250 Amp / B&W 804D2 / PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator / Synergistic Research Atmosphere Level 3 HC Power Cable / Shunyata Alpha Power Cables / Audience Au24 SX XLR / High Fidelity Reveal XLR / Kimber Monocole XL Speaker Cables / SOtM dBL-Cat7 Ethernet cables / High Fidelity MC0.5 / system upgraded with Synergistic Research Blue Fuses / Nordost Qv1's & Qk2's

I tried AHP and it was a clear upgrade from the circuit breaker.

Sure you will not go wrong replacing the circuit breaker. Go for it.
    I´m curious about these good looking "silent wire"...

What’s AHP? Sorry not familiar. Do you have a link? Thanks

I can´t until I have 10 posts.

But You can search on ebay "AHP fuses"

Thanks for the note. I googled it. They seem to make a breaker-fuse also: http://www.audioconnexion-shop.de/ep.../Products/1004

So how did you use the fuse instead of a breaker? Do you have a fuse panel or some device like the silent wire "sound fuse" where it's like a breaker with a fuse in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    I can´t until I have 10 posts.

But You can search on ebay "AHP fuses"

That´s it!
    Soon I put here a picture of my electric board!
    By the way, a dedicated line from the electric board helps a lot!

Thank you! That would be super helpful!

That´s it!
    Soon I put here a picture of my electric board!
    By the way, a dedicated ligne from the electric board helps a lot!

As I have a dedicated line on the electric panel, I replaced the circuit breaker that powers that line through a fuse system
    As simple as that

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (409.5 KB, 29 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (468.7 KB, 28 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (412.9 KB, 28 views)

I looked it up. Fuses and breakers have about the same amount of distortion. But breakers are more variable depending on it's life history.

Remember the signal doesn't go thru the breaker's mechanical parts.

But the distortion in either a fuse or a breaker is very low, it's not worth worrying about.

And it only matters in amplifier audio outputs.

... it's not worth worrying about.
    And it only matters in amplifier audio outputs.
    The old question about audio is: what makes really difference?
    In my opinion: everything!

The old question about audio is: what makes really difference?
    In my opinion: everything!
    Ah, to infinity and beyond.
    Only everything that matters, matters! Not anything that anyone writes.

There are easily 10,000 identifiable pieces and parts from microphone diaphragm to loudspeaker cone. Not counting environmental items. Think about just how big 10,00 Factorial is.

jerbil:
    You have (at least) two very different opinions here.
    I say: go for it. You will not regret.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Silent Wire Sound Fuse