Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Do Ethernet cables Make a Difference

Quote Originally Posted by jinjuku View Post
    It's a simple question:

If I start playback over WiFi or Wired and I break the connection and music continues to play back (Tidal does this folks):

1. Is it magic?
    2. Where's the music at?
    3. Did the sound get better?
    4. Did the sound get worse?
    5. Did the sound stay the same?

Why can't anyone answer such basic questions?

I'll add another: Where's the jitter?
    Let me try to answer.

1. No magic
    2. Music already transferred from source to player device.
    3. No
    4. No
    5. Yes, same until it stops altogether.

PS. No idea about jitter

Re: Do Ethernet cables Make a Difference

I auditioned AudioQuest Vodka and Cinnamon ethernet cables against my bog standard ones. Spent two hours listening to the same track and switching out each cable on a blind test basis. I picked the bog standard cable each time. I picked the more expensive vodka over the cinnamon more often than not but not every time. Went with the cinnamon to connect the jack to the router and the router to the NAS and the vodka to connect the router to the Lumin T1. Works a treat. Next step is to check out wklie’s suggestion of a FMC.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    I auditioned AudioQuest Vodka and Cinnamon ethernet cables against my bog standard ones. Spent two hours listening to the same track and switching out each cable on a blind test basis. I picked the bog standard cable each time. I picked the more expensive vodka over the cinnamon more often than not but not every time. Went with the cinnamon to connect the jack to the router and the router to the NAS and the vodka to connect the router to the Lumin T1. Works a treat. Next step is to check out wklie’s suggestion of a FMC.
    I did the same and bought vodka not 100% convinced but just to relieve my mindDo Ethernet cables Make a DifferenceDo Ethernet cables Make a DifferenceDo Ethernet cables Make a Difference
    But if you wand mind bogling sq jump try upgrading the ps of modem-router- switch by order of priority or all in one.
    I did the later and the jump is just outstanding and very distinguishable.
    Even the pic in tv is so clear with better colors!
    I bought ifi power supply for 50$ each only,
    One guy tried sbooster wich the switch and said is even better!
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dumb question:

Do I need Cat 5e, 6, or 6a cables? I will order from BJC and use as a base case.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    dumb question:

Do I need Cat 5e, 6, or 6a cables? I will order from BJC and use as a base case.
    Cat7 cables are already available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

CAT5e is way more than enough. I have some 13 year old CAT5E that I just put a 10GBe switch and NIC in play. From RAM disk I'm hitting 1280MB a second consistently. That's two CD's every second. I could transfer my entire collection in 21 minutes over 65 feet of cabling that was $0.30/Foot using RJE's that cost $0.055 cents per.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Cat7 cables are already available.
    Not at BJC...
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

CAT5e is way more than enough. I have some 13 year old CAT5E that I just put a 10GBe switch and NIC in play. From RAM disk I'm hitting 1280MB a second consistently. That's two CD's every second. I could transfer my entire collection in 21 minutes over 65 feet of cabling that was $0.30/Foot using RJE's that cost $0.055 cents per.
    Totally agree. No need to go overboard for streaming music/CDs.

If you have needs other than streaming music, then that is a different story.

For audio purpose and its bit rate needed, Cat 5e is way more than necessary. I use cheap $15 BJC 6a - with different color cables, it makes it easier to identify and they are built to higher standard (but obviously not in the realm of audiophile ethernet cable ). I power the switch with a LPS though.

Audioshark

Not at BJC...
    Go the highest they have. I strongly suggest AQ Diamond. The difference is in the micro details.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

dumb question:

Cat 6 will be fine. Save your money and buy music.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Go the highest they have. I strongly suggest AQ Diamond. The difference is in the micro details.
    I’ll never forget the totally unexpected improvement from my AQ Vodka to your AQ Diamond when voicing the Magicos at your shop. Not subtle!!!

DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

I found the difference is in the blindfold.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    I’ll never forget the totally unexpected improvement from my AQ Vodka to your AQ Diamond when voicing the Magicos at your shop. Not subtle!!!

Agreed!

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

I found the difference is in the blindfold.
    The last thing on my mind was a difference in Ethernet cables. My Vodka cable was 2M, but I needed 3M to comfortably reach my DAC. Mike offered to loan me his Diamond for the session. The difference was so noticeable that I subsequently bought one for myself. No blindfolds needed - just an open mind.
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

The last thing on my mind was a difference in Ethernet cables. My Vodka cable was 2M, but I needed 3M to comfortably reach my DAC. Mike offered to loan me his Diamond for the session. The difference was so noticeable that I subsequently bought one for myself. No blindfolds needed - just an open mind.
    ...and open ears.
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI Clearaudio Innovation Wood/Kuzma 4Point/Ortofon A95> ASR Basis Exclusive HV---->

Digital: Antipodes CX (Oladra Upgrade)> Cary DMS-600 DAC/Streamer---->
    ...........Cary 306 SACD Professional Disc Player---->

===> Cary SLP-05 (Ultimate Upgrade edition)----> Clayton M-300----> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES/REL 212SX x2

[Synergistic Research/Nordost/Wireworld/Furutech/SRA/Adona/Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

I've had the AQ Vodka, WW Starlight CAT8, Nordost Heimdall II.

I'll put my proverbial blindfold up against anyone's open ears/mind. Your $1000 to my $5000. I'll provide a server/switch/client computer. You provide everything from the USB cable on back. You system, your music.

2 rounds of 10 tracks each. Let me know which track had which cable. You hit 9/10 right you have $5000 in your pocket. Loser pays travel expenses.

You won't know what cable it in play however.

I've had the AQ Vodka, WW Starlight CAT8, Nordost Heimdall II.

I'll put my proverbial blindfold up against anyone's open ears/mind. Your $1000 to my $5000. I'll provide a server/switch/client computer. You provide everything from the USB cable on back. You system, your music.

2 rounds of 10 tracks each. Let me know which track had which cable. You hit 9/10 right you have $5000 in your pocket. Loser pays travel expenses.

You won't know what cable it in play however.
    I’m guessing the system set-up is substandard, hence your inability. Sorry, I won’t even think of such a comparison on a questionably set-up system without knowing more.

Please post some images of your set-up and we'll see. Listening area, system, side walls, room dimensions.

www.getbettersound.com

I’m guessing the system set-up is substandard, hence your inability. Sorry, I won’t even think of such a comparison on a questionably set-up system without knowing more.

Please post some images of your set-up and we'll see. Listening area, system, side walls, room dimensions.

Nope, we do this in your stack from your USB cable on back.

The server/client machines will be a stripped down Linux Server with SMB for the file serving. Client computer will be a Windows 10 machine using J River. The client machine will be dual homed (a 2 port Intel server GBe NIC) setup in a LACP Dynamic LAG.

Here is my tutorial on setup of trunking on Switch to Switch (layer 2) but also applies to NIC teaming:

Nope, we do this in your stack from your USB cable on back.
    I am talking about the most important issue in any comparison - about how your system is voiced to your room.

www.getbettersound.com

I am talking about the most important issue in any comparison - about how your system is voiced to your room.
    No, we are talking about the most important issue: Your ears only, bias controlled evaluation. We are talking about doing this in a stack OF YOUR CHOOSING from the USB cable on back.

Audioshark

No, we are talking about the most important issue: Your ears only, bias controlled evaluation. We are talking about doing this in a stack OF YOUR CHOOSING from the USB cable on back.
    Out of curiosity, what’s your system?

Out of curiosity, what’s your system?

Out of curiosity why it is relevant to people hearing stuff that isn't there? Ethernet is Asynchronous, buffered, high bandwidth. My 10GBe connection can transfer a 16/44.1 track in literally 0.05 seconds. Tidal can load an entire track into their buffer in 6-7 seconds on my 100Mbps Internet connection.

In both instances I can pull the cable and the entire track plays. Did my sound get worse, get better, stay the same when the cable was pulled?

Also I've done this on AKG 701's so what would the room matter?

I could certainly do this in your own showroom.

Audioshark

Out of curiosity why it is relevant to people hearing stuff that isn't there? Ethernet is Asynchronous, buffered, high bandwidth. My 10GBe connection can transfer a 16/44.1 track in literally 0.05 seconds. Tidal can load an entire track into their buffer in 6-7 seconds on my 100Mbps Internet connection.

In both instances I can pull the cable and the entire track plays. Did my sound get worse, get better, stay the same when the cable was pulled?

Also I've done this on AKG 701's so what would the room matter?
    Well, if your system isn’t of high enough resolution or more importantly, not properly setup, you probably won’t hear a difference. Headphones also aren’t the best for micro detail retrieval, depth of soundstage, etc., especially $400 ones.

If you don’t hear a difference, great, pocket the savings or invest somewhere else in your system. But those with highly resolving systems which are properly setup can hear a difference. I wish it was different, but it’s undeniable as to what I’ve heard, Jim and others.

As they say, YMMV.

Well, if your system isn’t of high enough resolution or more importantly, not properly setup, you probably won’t hear a difference. Headphones also aren’t the best for micro detail retrieval, depth of soundstage, etc., especially $400 ones.

If you don’t hear a difference, great, pocket the savings or invest somewhere else in your system. But those with highly resolving systems which are properly setup can hear a difference. I wish it was different, but it’s undeniable as to what I’ve heard, Jim and others.

As they say, YMMV.

Here's what I'm saying. In your own showroom, once you are blinded to the fact of what Ethernet cable is in the system you can't proverbially snatch the $5000 out of my hand. Pick any ears you like.

I'll even make the cable I use on the spot.

Audioshark

Here's what I'm saying. In your own showroom, once you are blinded to the fact of what Ethernet cable is in the system you can't proverbially snatch the $5000 out of my hand. Pick any ears you like.

So you won’t answer the question. That tells me all I need to know.

Hmm...

Are you jockeying to be the next James Randi?

www.getbettersound.com

I think we all know what we need to know about each other. I have 100% of the trust you actually place in your own ears. If you don't trust them neither do I.

For all the posturing I'm the only one willing to show up with cash in hand.

I think we all know what we need to know about each other. I have 100% of the trust you actually place in your own ears. If you don't trust them neither do I.

For all the posturing I'm the only one willing to show up with cash in hand.
    Go get 'em, James!

www.getbettersound.com

So you won’t answer the question. That tells me all I need to know.

That makes two of us so we are at least on equal footing.

Again, when the entire track is cached, like Tidal does for instance on Windows (and I think OS/X), what happens when the cable is pulled and the music still plays? Did it get better, worse, stay the same.

Amazing how each of us are refusing to answer the simplest of questions.

Here's another: Why does my setup matter? I'll do this in your own showroom. You should be super confident of $5000 but for some reason...

Go get 'em, James!
    Talk is cheap.

That makes two of us so we are at least on equal footing.

Again, when the entire track is cached, like Tidal does for instance on Windows (and I think OS/X), what happens when the cable is pulled and the music still plays? Did it get better, worse, stay the same.

Amazing how each of us are refusing to answer the simplest of questions.

Here's another: Why does my setup matter? I'll do this in your own showroom. You should be super confident of $5000 but for some reason...
    Ummm, so James, you are going to conduct the test?

---------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW, this is my last post in this thread. I've let myself over-react, for which I apologize to one & all.

www.getbettersound.com

Ummm, so James, you are going to conduct the test?

---------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW, this is my last post in this thread. I've let myself over-react, for which I apologize to one & all.
    I'll take the high road with the 'James' thing. Ad hom attacks are the domain of people with no ability to effectively debate. So I won't be going there.

You can bring a friend and as long as they have the dexterity to swap out cabling from a switch I'll show them how to do it.

Mike - so AQ Diamond is a no brainer over the Vodka? Is it a small improvement or a ‘wow’ improvement? Think I saw a post from Jim saying wow.
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables

Audioshark

Mike - so AQ Diamond is a no brainer over the Vodka? Is it a small improvement or a ‘wow’ improvement? Think I saw a post from Jim saying wow.
    Well, we had Jim’s vodka (and a Stock Cat6) and the difference between the diamond and vodka was bigger IMO than the Stock Cat6 and Vodka. I suspect the solid 100% Perfect Surface Silver and DBS is what we are hearing over the Vodka. More air, extension on top, micro detail retrieval, etc.

The stock Cat6 sounds flat by comparison.

In my modest system, AQ Diamond significantly sounds better than Vodka and a few inexpensive Ethernet cables I have lying around. No blind testing needed, the difference is big enough.
    Knowing digital is 0s and 1s and knowing synchronous from asynchronous do not mean you've mastered transmission line theories and this part of electrical engineering.

So Diamond from wall to router to NAS to DAC (ie 3 of them)?

Audioshark

I’m old enough to remember the “signal cables don’t matter”, “power cables don’t matter!, “power conditioning doesn’t matter!”, “USB cables don’t matter!” debates. As my friend Jock says, “it all matters.”

Agree. Am not questioning that. Just wondering about where on the diminishing returns curve the Vodka and Diamond are...

Interesting. I was thinking just 2. From NAS to router to DAC

Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Audioshark

Agree. Am not questioning that. Just wondering about where on the diminishing returns curve the Vodka and Diamond are...
    I hate to say it, but Diamond is the biggest difference (for me anyway) between Stock Cat6 and a after market cable. I really think it’s the silver and DBS that makes it noticeable over Vodka and Stock.

DAC or music server must have Diamond. The others you can live with Vodka.

All of you who has the AQ and thinks it makes a considerable difference, you should try the Sotm iso-cat6 special edition. My friends was using AQ diamond, until he switched to Sotm and never looked back.

Here is a great comparison:
    https://audiobacon.net/2017/07/09/so...hile-ethernet/

It makes a big enough difference that none of you will take $5000. Got it.

Audioshark

It makes a big enough difference that none of you will take $5000. Got it.
    We don’t bet. Do you have a problem? You won’t list your system. Those of us with resolving systems have stated we do hear a difference. Stop trolling. You can leave.

In my case I'm going from Router to Switch with AQ Cinnamon, from Switch to Melco with AQ Diamond and from Melco to Lumin with AQ Diamond
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Not to dredge anything up, but I'm curious why no one has addressed what appears to Jinjuku's main point?

If I understand correctly, he's saying that when comparing ethernet cables you're not really comparing cables because the
    track is already in the buffer. That is , when you change cables, you're still hearing the same signal as you were before the
    cable was switched. Do I have this right?

"Tidal can load an entire track into their buffer in 6-7 seconds on my 100Mbps Internet connection.
    In both instances I can pull the cable and the entire track plays. Did my sound get worse, get better, stay the same when the cable was pulled?"

This actually doesn't meet my experience, as when I pull the cable, the track will only play for a 4 seconds... Am I misunderstanding something?

Can you explain this, Jinjuko?

And finally, I listened carefully, for days, comparing the AQ Diamond, the Sotm with filter, and Supra cat 8. They each have their own sound. The AQ is very resolved, refined, delicate-- almost restrained in a good way. The Sotm is a little more dramatic in the bass and less resolved. The Supra is warm, smooth and another several degrees less resolved.

I have no doubt I could pick the Supra vs the AQ, blind, on my system and on music familiar to me.
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

Audioshark

I think you just answered your own question. Why? There’s a number of reasons: different cable material (silver in Diamond I believe), you have the DBS working its magic, different design philosophies with respect to insulation.

As my friend says: “it all matters”.

We can’t just dismiss something as being identical since they’re sending packets of data.

It reminds me of the power cable debate. It’s just electricity! The transformers don’t care what cable is delivering the power!

Does anyone serious about hi-end audio today still believe power cables don’t make a difference?

I already know from personal listening that cables have different effects on sound.

I wasinquiring as to what seems to be Jinjuko's apparent point that an entire track will
    already be buffered so you when you switch cables you're hearing the same signal already
    buffered in the dac. Is that the point he's making?

That's not my experience as when I pull the cable, the music plays for just a few seconds.

I'm just trying to understand the basis for his argument...
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

A few days ago, the importer of Goebel, brought me an Ethernet cable to my house, to test it between my Melco and my Lumin, comparing it with my AQ Diamond. I was really happy with my AQ, but the Goebel is very superior (also in price).
    Decreases the digital brightness that you can have in the system very noticeably.
    The body of the music is fantastic and with respect to the bass, it seems that I have added another woffer of 9 ".
    When he had already decided that he was buying the cable, he took it out of a bag that came with the box of a Goebel XLR and placed it between Lumin and AR Ref 5SE. Wow! Awesome. I know I will buy it, now I can not but soon .........
    Really the Goebel cables are something very special and make me understand that I still have a lot of improvement without changing "bigger pieces" like amplifier, speakers .... ...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team