Do Ethernet cables Make a Difference - Page 15
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do Ethernet cables Make a Difference

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    Agree. Am not questioning that. Just wondering about where on the diminishing returns curve the Vodka and Diamond are...
    I hate to say it, but Diamond is the biggest difference (for me anyway) between Stock Cat6 and a after market cable. I really think it’s the silver and DBS that makes it noticeable over Vodka and Stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

2. Thanks AJR thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Diamond from wall to router to NAS to DAC (ie 3 of them)?
    DAC or music server must have Diamond. The others you can live with Vodka.

4. Thanks AJR thanked for this post
    Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All of you who has the AQ and thinks it makes a considerable difference, you should try the Sotm iso-cat6 special edition. My friends was using AQ diamond, until he switched to Sotm and never looked back.

Here is a great comparison:
    https://audiobacon.net/2017/07/09/so...hile-ethernet/

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes a big enough difference that none of you will take $5000. Got it.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jinjuku View Post
    It makes a big enough difference that none of you will take $5000. Got it.
    We don’t bet. Do you have a problem? You won’t list your system. Those of us with resolving systems have stated we do hear a difference. Stop trolling. You can leave.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

8. Thanks rrwmd thanked for this post
    Likes BlueFox, Jim Smith, FDPDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Diamond from wall to router to NAS to DAC (ie 3 of them)?
    In my case I'm going from Router to Switch with AQ Cinnamon, from Switch to Melco with AQ Diamond and from Melco to Lumin with AQ Diamond
    Lumin A1 + Kenneth Lau LPSU /Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref 5 SE /Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA Speakers / Göbel XLR Cables /Göbel and Audio Quest Diamond RJ45 Cables/ Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Shunyata Sigma NR an Alpha NR Power Cables /Kenneth Lau LPSU for Aqvox Switch / Kenneth Lau LPSU for Router / Stillpoints Ultra SS and Mini / Entreq Poseidon, Olympus Minimus and Silver Tellus / Entreq Eartha Olympus and Apollo Infinity Cables.

10. Likes AJR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to dredge anything up, but I'm curious why no one has addressed what appears to Jinjuku's main point?

If I understand correctly, he's saying that when comparing ethernet cables you're not really comparing cables because the
    track is already in the buffer. That is , when you change cables, you're still hearing the same signal as you were before the
    cable was switched. Do I have this right?

"Tidal can load an entire track into their buffer in 6-7 seconds on my 100Mbps Internet connection.
    In both instances I can pull the cable and the entire track plays. Did my sound get worse, get better, stay the same when the cable was pulled?"

This actually doesn't meet my experience, as when I pull the cable, the track will only play for a 4 seconds... Am I misunderstanding something?

Can you explain this, Jinjuko?

And finally, I listened carefully, for days, comparing the AQ Diamond, the Sotm with filter, and Supra cat 8. They each have their own sound. The AQ is very resolved, refined, delicate-- almost restrained in a good way. The Sotm is a little more dramatic in the bass and less resolved. The Supra is warm, smooth and another several degrees less resolved.

I have no doubt I could pick the Supra vs the AQ, blind, on my system and on music familiar to me.
    Source: Roon via Mac Pro Server and Lumin S1. Amp: Mastersound Compact 845 w/ Elrog power tubes. Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Grossos, JL Audio e112 subs. Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, High Fidelity Cables for speaker and interconnects. Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Noise filtration from Alan Maher Designs. Room Treatment from Vicoustic.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Do Ethernet cables Make a Difference

I think you just answered your own question. Why? There’s a number of reasons: different cable material (silver in Diamond I believe), you have the DBS working its magic, different design philosophies with respect to insulation.

As my friend says: “it all matters”.

We can’t just dismiss something as being identical since they’re sending packets of data.

It reminds me of the power cable debate. It’s just electricity! The transformers don’t care what cable is delivering the power!

Does anyone serious about hi-end audio today still believe power cables don’t make a difference?

13. Likes johndoe21ro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I already know from personal listening that cables have different effects on sound.

I wasinquiring as to what seems to be Jinjuko's apparent point that an entire track will
    already be buffered so you when you switch cables you're hearing the same signal already
    buffered in the dac. Is that the point he's making?

That's not my experience as when I pull the cable, the music plays for just a few seconds.

I'm just trying to understand the basis for his argument...
    Source: Roon via Mac Pro Server and Lumin S1. Amp: Mastersound Compact 845 w/ Elrog power tubes. Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Grossos, JL Audio e112 subs. Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, High Fidelity Cables for speaker and interconnects. Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Noise filtration from Alan Maher Designs. Room Treatment from Vicoustic.

Post Thanks / Like

A few days ago, the importer of Goebel, brought me an Ethernet cable to my house, to test it between my Melco and my Lumin, comparing it with my AQ Diamond. I was really happy with my AQ, but the Goebel is very superior (also in price).
    Decreases the digital brightness that you can have in the system very noticeably.
    The body of the music is fantastic and with respect to the bass, it seems that I have added another woffer of 9 ".
    When he had already decided that he was buying the cable, he took it out of a bag that came with the box of a Goebel XLR and placed it between Lumin and AR Ref 5SE. Wow! Awesome. I know I will buy it, now I can not but soon .........
    Really the Goebel cables are something very special and make me understand that I still have a lot of improvement without changing "bigger pieces" like amplifier, speakers .... ...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Lumin A1 + Kenneth Lau LPSU /Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref 5 SE /Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA Speakers / Göbel XLR Cables /Göbel and Audio Quest Diamond RJ45 Cables/ Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Shunyata Sigma NR an Alpha NR Power Cables /Kenneth Lau LPSU for Aqvox Switch / Kenneth Lau LPSU for Router / Stillpoints Ultra SS and Mini / Entreq Poseidon, Olympus Minimus and Silver Tellus / Entreq Eartha Olympus and Apollo Infinity Cables.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast