Do Ethernet cables Make a Difference - Page 10
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do Ethernet cables Make a Difference

WOREMOR RF-IE50 EMR & RF Shielding Paint Protecting From HF, RF/RFID Bluetooth, Cell Towers EMI 5 Liter - EMR-WM-RFIE50 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073C4F2NY..._oNjqAbYSHAN0C

i could paint the entire house!!! Haaaaaaaaaaa. Try explaining that to the wife!
    Fate ain’t just who’s cookin smells good but which way the wind blows...

Mac Mini w/ linear power supply, Ayre QB-9 DSD, BAT VK-50, Mcintosh MC402, Joseph Audio RM33le, Magnapan 3.6r, Velodyne FSX12
    Mac Pro, Kef X300A Wireless, B&W ASW-608
    ...endless tubes, cables and tweaks...

Post Thanks / Like

And the same guys go from forum to forum with the same tired arguments looking for someone to agree with them. We've got one who does the same thing with everything that costs more than BJC is a rip-off. If you don't acknowledge them they eventually go away.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Marantz HD-CD1, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp and 250 amp, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Cables- Triode Wire Labs, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Cullen Cable PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

3. Thanks Arnoldhasmail thanked for this post
    Likes Arnoldhasmail liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldhasmail View Post
    I find that turning off WiFi on my Mac mini always sounds better. I always leave it off. Anyone noticed turning off your WiFi router in the house makes the system sound better as well?
    I setup a switch with vlan 10 and 20 (wired and wifi). Dual homed a server and setup 192.168.10.X/24 and 192.168.20.X/24.

Created a 10 and 20 named SMB share and mapped drive letter Y/Z. Using 24/192 native tracks with Foobar ABX comparater no one could tell a difference even when I killed the WiFi (20 second buffer).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    And the same guys go from forum to forum with the same tired arguments looking for someone to agree with them. We've got one who does the same thing with everything that costs more than BJC is a rip-off. If you don't acknowledge them they eventually go away.
    I'm trying to make $$ with it. Only done it once so far. I like the people that agree to it initially and then start changing the dates they can do it multiple time and then not doing it at all. Nothing like all talk no walk.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a good thread on Jitter and static storage. Regardless of the style of static storage (volatile or non-volatile).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    So you are suggesting I purchase fibre optic cable and purchase two converters, one for ethernet to fibre optic and a second for fibre optic to ethernet?
    yes. i have 3 of these in my system, one for nas to switch, one for switch to roon core and one from switch to dcs upsampler
    also i use the sfp ports on my switch to plug the converters into it So only one converter per run

i also use ifi wall warts to power the converters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    So you are suggesting I purchase fibre optic cable and purchase two converters, one for ethernet to fibre optic and a second for fibre optic to ethernet?
    For this type of setup, the Fiber Media Converter (FMC) that outputs Ethernet to your DAC should be equipped with a LPS. (Note: iPower is not a LPS.)

If your DAC has 1000Mbps Ethernet port, a potential matching model might be a pair of TP-Link MC210CS, but you'd need to check with your DAC manufacturer for compatibility. It'd be interesting to know what they say about FMC.

(In case any Lumin user is reading this post, please note different model of FMC is required for different Lumin models due to different types of Ethernet.)
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldhasmail View Post
    I find that turning off WiFi on my Mac mini always sounds better.
    That's due to WiFi RFI damaging SQ, but as with any audio debate there are people who do not believe this or think their system is not affected by it.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    That's due to WiFi RFI damaging SQ, but as with any audio debate there are people who do not believe this or think their system is not affected by it.
    In the testing I've done I've yet to see any degradation to SQ via WiFi. Even when I was disabling the WiFi during playback (and playing out of buffer) both on a Cary Audio DMS 500 and a Server / Client Setup feeding an Emotiva DC-1 no one could tell the difference.

I'm not sure what situation this would be the norm so if you could lay out a setup that can be reproduced.

Since you work at Lumin: Why isn't there an SFP GBIC module and then the end user can pick what module they want to run. I've a drawer full of Fiber and RJE SFP's.

Post Thanks / Like

In a few days’ time I am home auditioning the following ethernet cables:
    - basic cables
    - AQ Cinnamon
    - AQ Vodka

I can’t wait!
    Source: Synology NAS + Tidal
    Playback: Lumin T1
    Amp: Gryphon Diablo 300
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix: 36 IC + 70 SCs