Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

Mid Engine Corvette

When will we see it? Soon?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...e-2018-rumors/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Mid Engine Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    When will we see it? Soon?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...e-2018-rumors/

Looks like the American Ferrari. I probably will never own a Corvette mainly for practical reasons but you cannot help but noticing how nice these new models are at least going down the Freeway.
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

I like it.......a little 'big in the hips' perhaps but Zora would be proud !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

tube or solid state?

Looks slick, literally. Bet the wind tunnel tests reveal a very low drag coefficient. I think at least two model years will pass before the new design kinks are worked out. By year three the mid engine Corvette should be worth its price.

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    tube or solid state?
    Eddie.......... you need to find a better brand of liquor !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

mauidan

Can you get two sets of golf clubs in it?

I’ve noticed the Corvette designs have been becoming increasingly Ferrari-like in recent years. It seemed like it was just a matter of time before they went with the mid-engine. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

DSkip

The American spirit looks to be dead. I was hoping the Corvette would never lose that aspect of its design.

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    The American spirit looks to be dead. I was hoping the Corvette would never lose that aspect of its design.
    ????? what aspect is that ???
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    Agreed Dave. I was thinking it was quite the opposite! The Corvette competes with European competitors costing 2-3 times as much or more.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

I'v e been thinking about pricing for this new C8 could be starting around the upper $90k . for 2018 the Z06 will start at $80,590 not counting trim, wheels and performance, brake, paint, upgrades. I see if the C8 plans to match the 2018 Z06 its going to be around $97k and up. to low $100k
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

to me........I expect the mid-engine C8 pricing to start where the C7 ZR1 leaves off. Optioned out I'm thinking 150k + or - 10%
    Cheers ! …. Dave

to me........I expect the mid-engine C8 pricing to start where the C7 ZR1 leaves off. Optioned out I'm thinking 150k + or - 10%
    I guess all the 60 year old grey haired grandpas are drooling over this one
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Chris, I'm 64, very little grey hair, two grandchildren, as for the 'drooling' ......... it's more like eager anticipation !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

DSkip

In the design. All I see when I look at it is Ferrari. There are still some aspects that pay tribute to the Corvette, but its slim IMO. American muscle and sports cars always had a 'look' to them. To me, it is completely gone in this design.

This isn't to say I don't think its a pretty car and will be a great version, but something is lost in this design. I hope it pays better tribute to the history of the Corvette as it gets closer to production version.

Chris, I'm 64, very little grey hair, two grandchildren, as for the 'drooling' ......... it's more like eager anticipation !
    I got ya by one year. In my little neck of the woods, the grandpas with cash are driving Tesla's, Jags, Bentleys of all types, Porsche's and Ferraris and one McLaren 650S. The C8 should get a lot of attention and like you, a few with eager anticipation. I can't wait to see one.

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    It appears drooling comes with age, not looking at Corvettes.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    In the design. All I see when I look at it is Ferrari.
    Yeah, I hear 'ya, it started with the front end on the C7's. Regardless, as a owner of the brand going back to the second generation I have no problem with 'recognition' !

I hope it pays better tribute to the history of the Corvette as it gets closer to production version.
    will a return to round taillights make you happy ? !!
    Cheers ! …. Dave

C7 sales have been terrible for awhile now unlike its competition. It has not aged well either. I'm curious the future of the Vette in general.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    C7 sales have been terrible for awhile now unlike its competition. It has not aged well either. I'm curious the future of the Vette in general.
    Actually the C7 showed much improved numbers over the C6 ..... http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chevr...sales-numbers/ .... and with that being said history shows that the last year of a model run normally slows down in anticipation of a new model.

As for the Vettes competition (Porsche 911), show me where they are down ........

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales...e/porsche-911/
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Actually the C7 showed much improved numbers over the C6 ..... http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chevr...sales-numbers/ .... and with that being said history shows that the last year of a model run normally slows down in anticipation of a new model.
    much different sales environment. look at SAAR last three years vs post-recession. and 911 sales are up every year.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

much different sales environment. look at SAAR last three years vs post-recession. and 911 sales are up every year.
    wrong ........
    Cheers ! …. Dave

the average age of a C7 buyer is 59. yikes.

the average age of a C7 buyer is 59. yikes.
    I'm 64, you better hope you look this good when your my age !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

wrong ........
    http://press.porsche.com/more_about/statistics/

This 65 year old is glad Corvette may be going mid-engine. I love my mid-engined car and love the balance and handling.
    Regards,
    Steve

https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/t...geezr-s-system
    I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by slowgeezr View Post
    This 65 year old is glad Corvette may be going mid-engine. I love my mid-engined car and love the balance and handling.
    Totally agree!

There’s nothing like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Mid Engine Corvette